What's Your Question?
Where to Find Printable Reading Worksheets
Teaching children to read is an important skill they’ll use for the rest of their lives. When children need extra practice using their reading skills, it helps to have worksheets available. You can find an assortment of printable reading worksheets for free and for sale on several websites.
There are several teacher websites where you can download reading comprehension worksheets they created for their classrooms. One advantage of using these worksheets is that they are designed for specific reading levels and have been tested in a classroom. Many follow the formats used on state and local tests that measure reading ability. The teachers sometimes include anecdotal notes and tips for making the worksheets more effective.
Publishers of textbooks, education research and professional development books sometimes offer worksheets on their websites. These worksheets usually are samples from the books they publish so that you can preview the content. Book publishers sometimes produce worksheets to pair with their books. If you’re looking for additional practice while reading a specific book, check out their websites for graphic organizers and comprehension questions.
You also can purchase collections of traditional and homeschool worksheets in digital books arranged by reading level. Many of these collections are themed by genre or subject matter. This makes it easy to select worksheets that match the child’s interest or to build background knowledge in specific areas.
Teacher Resource Sites
Whether you’re a teacher or a parent, teacher resource websites are another option for finding reading worksheets. Some sites like Teachers Pay Teachers let teachers upload worksheets they’ve created and offer them for sale. Others are more collaborative and give teachers a place to share best practices and materials with others. If you’re looking for materials to use in a homeschool setting or for after-school practice, check out these sites. In addition to the worksheets, you get access to a community of educators who can help you find the right materials for your children.
Even for-profit literacy programs offer free worksheets for parents and teachers. Although they’re usually designed for use with the company’s program, you can use them for other lessons. For example, the company Reading Horizons has downloadable phonics worksheets that work with its digital phonics program and face-to-face lessons. English learner sites are other good sources. Because these programs are geared toward children learning the English language, they incorporate social studies and science lessons along with the reading skills.
Nonprofit Literacy Groups
Organizations like ReadWorks and edHelper have reading comprehension worksheets available on their websites. You can find reading passages with question sets and vocabulary support to help children practice and improve their reading skills. On the ReadWorks website, you can search for worksheets by grade level, text type and topic. This makes it easy to find worksheets that meet the child’s specific needs.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
Free Printable Math Worksheets for Algebra 2
Created with infinite algebra 2, stop searching. create the worksheets you need with infinite algebra 2..
- Fast and easy to use
- Multiple-choice & free-response
- Never runs out of questions
- Multiple-version printing
Free 14-Day Trial
- Order of operations
- Evaluating expressions
- Simplifying algebraic expressions
- Multi-step equations
- Work word problems
- Distance-rate-time word problems
- Mixture word problems
- Absolute value equations
- Multi-step inequalities
- Compound inequalities
- Absolute value inequalities
- Discrete relations
- Continuous relations
- Evaluating and graphing functions
- Review of linear equations
- Graphing absolute value functions
- Graphing linear inequalities
- Direct and inverse variation
- Systems of two linear inequalities
- Systems of two equations
- Systems of two equations, word problems
- Points in three dimensions
- Systems of three equations, elimination
- Systems of three equations, substitution
- Basic matrix operations
- Matrix multiplication
- All matrix operations combined
- Matrix inverses
- Geometric transformations with matrices
- Operations with complex numbers
- Properties of complex numbers
- Rationalizing imaginary denominators
- Properties of parabolas
- Vertex form
- Graphing quadratic inequalities
- Factoring quadratic expressions
- Solving quadratic equations w/ square roots
- Solving quadratic equations by factoring
- Completing the square
- Solving equations by completing the square
- Solving equations with the quadratic formula
- The discriminant
- Naming and simple operations
- Factoring a sum/difference of cubes
- Factoring by grouping
- Factoring quadratic form
- Factoring using all techniques
- Factors and Zeros
- The Remainder Theorem
- Irrational and Imaginary Root Theorems
- Descartes' Rule of Signs
- More on factors, zeros, and dividing
- The Rational Root Theorem
- Polynomial equations
- Basic shape of graphs of polynomials
- Graphing polynomial functions
- The Binomial Theorem
- Evaluating functions
- Function operations
- Inverse functions
- Simplifying radicals
- Operations with radical expressions
- Dividing radical expressions
- Radicals and rational exponents
- Simplifying rational exponents
- Square root equations
- Rational exponent equations
- Graphing radicals
- Graphing & properties of parabolas
- Equations of parabolas
- Graphing & properties of circles
- Equations of circles
- Graphing & properties of ellipses
- Equations of ellipses
- Graphing & properties of hyperbolas
- Equations of hyperbolas
- Classifying conic sections
- Systems of quadratic equations
- Graphing simple rational functions
- Graphing general rational functions
- Simplifying rational expressions
- Multiplying / dividing rational expressions
- Adding / subtracting rational expressions
- Complex fractions
- Solving rational equations
- The meaning of logarithms
- Properties of logarithms
- The change of base formula
- Writing logs in terms of others
- Logarithmic equations
- Inverse functions and logarithms
- Exponential equations not requiring logarithms
- Exponential equations requiring logarithms
- Graphing logarithms
- Graphing exponential functions
- Discrete exponential growth and decay word problems
- Continuous exponential growth and decay word problems
- General sequences
- Arithmetic sequences
- Geometric sequences
- Comparing Arithmetic/Geometric Sequences
- General series
- Arithmetic series
- Arithmetic/Geometric Means w/ Sequences
- Finite geometric series
- Infinite geometric series
- Right triangle trig: Evaluating ratios
- Right triangle trig: Missing sides/angles
- Angles and angle measure
- Co-terminal angles and reference angles
- Arc length and sector area
- Trig ratios of general angles
- Exact trig ratios of important angles
- The Law of Sines
- The Law of Cosines
- Graphing trig functions
- Translating trig functions
- Angle Sum/Difference Identities
- Double-/Half-Angle Identities
- Sample spaces and The Counting Principle
- Independent and dependent events
- Mutualy exclusive events
- Permutations vs combinations
- Probability using permutations and combinations
Algebra 2 Worksheets
About our algebra 2 worksheets, what the worksheets cover, download our algebra 2 worksheets.
Download the printer-friendly worksheets below, and also find the complete video solutions and lessons here .
Problem Set 1: Plotting Lines by Hand
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 1 pdf
Problem set 2: plotting lines and simple parabolas with a computer.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 2 pdf
Problem set 3: plotting polynomial functions.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 3 pdf
Problem set 4: plotting parabolas by hand using the vertex.
PS4 changes the focus away from using the computer. Will go back to paper and pencil, now that we better understand our friend the parabola. You’ll learn how to just “see” what a function looks like in your mind and draw it out on paper. You might actually find that you can do algebra faster and better than the computer anyhow, now that you have a few basic skills down.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 4 pdf
Problem set 5: modeling with the parabola.
PS5 focuses on computer modeling. We will look at some real world problems such as flight paths (of jumping fish!) and satellite dishes. Will focus on the parabola again. A new topic will be understanding the standard form of an equation, so that we can make simple adjustments to represent arbitrary shapes. And we make cool computer graphics too.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 5 pdf
Problem set 6: plotting conic sections.
PS6 focuses on plotting conic sections, which include our friend the parabola that has been studied extensively by this point. Other conic sections include circles, ellipses, and hyperbolas. We will also introduce the concept of asymptotes, which is related to limiting behavior.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 6 pdf
Problem set 7: logs and exponential functions.
PS7 is about logarithms, commonly called logs. We will emphasize base 10 logarithms and also the natural logarithm. Logs are very closely related to exponents, which are covered in the algebra 1 topics .
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 7 pdf
Problem set 8: vectors and complex numbers.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 8 pdf
Problem set 9: matrices and systems of equations.
Algebra 2 Worksheets, Problem Set 9 pdf
Algebra II (PDF) Worksheets
( Video lessons also available from www.khanacademy.org and http://www.onlinemathlearning.com/grade-11.html )