Reading - exercises
Videos - lessons
Songs - nursery-rhymes
Stories - fairy-tales
Phonetic - exercises
Worksheets - handouts
- Listening - beginners
- Listening practice 1 - levels
- Series - exercises by level
- Listening tests - levels new
- Listening practice 2 - levels
- Listening - quizzes : levels
- Activities: levels A1 / B1 / C1
- Easy listening activities
- Basic to advanced lessons
- Listening activities - intermediate
- Audio activities by level
- Listening skills practice - videos
- Audio + video - comprehension
- Listening exercises - levels
- Dictations by levels
DIALOGUES - PODCAST
- Podcast / mp3 download
- Practical English conversations
- Audio books: mp3/pdf download
- Audio books : audio + text
- Books: video - audio - transcript
English Practice Downloadable PDF Grammar and Vocabulary Worksheets
Listening comprehension worksheets (b2 and b2+).
This sections provides you with Listening Comprehension tasks in PDF Format as well as links to the audio resources .
Multiple Choice Tasks
- LC038 - A Nigerian - American Thanksgiving
- LC036 - PlayStation - XBox Rivalry
- LC034 - A Decade After The Fukushima Disaster
- LC030 - Inviting The World To Dinner
- LC027 - High-End Fashion and Recession
- LC024 - High-Tech Elevators
- LC021 - Teenagers Who Argue
- LC020 - Millennials and Their Financial Situation
- LC017 - Comics Crusader Mark Waid
- LC016 - Power Woman Aliann Pompey
- LC013 - The Ransomware Battle
- LC010 - Single and Middle Class
- LC007 - A New Kind of Snowboard Pants
- LC003 - Diet Books
- LC002 - Tour of Guantanamo Detention Centre
- LC001 - AbbaWorld
Match Sentence Parts
- LC042 - Is It Time To Shake Hands Again ?
- LC039 - Bilingialism and Brain Power
- LC037 - The Benefits of Singing
- LC035 - Global Cocoa Crisis
- LC032 - A Nuclear-Powered Mission To Mars
- LC031 - America's Changing Mall Culture
- LC028 - Margaret Thatcher
- LC025 - Children Go Hungry During Pandemic
- LC022 - Berliners Say Goodbye To Tegel Airport
- LC018 - The Influence of Logos
- LC014 - Cycling Across India
- LC011 - Rockanomics: Rock Music and the US Economy
- LC008 - Fascinated With Lego
- LC005 - Philadelphia's Mounted Police Program
- LC004 - Guinness Storehouse
Short Answer Tasks
- LC041 - Skateboarder Tony Hawk
- LC040 - Poisonous Water
- LC033 - Exploring Venus
- LC029 - Running Out Of Water
- LC026 - Chicago Blackhawks Win Stanley Cup
- LC023 - Mystery Skype
- LC019 - Banking With The Amish
- LC015 - E-Books For Children
- LC012 - History and Origins of Ice Skating
- LC009 - Brazil's Falling Birth Rate
- LC006 - Shanghai Tower
- Adjective - Adverb
- Gerund and Infinitive
- Modal Verbs
- Reported Speech
- Passive Voice
- Definite and Indefinite Articles
- Relative Clauses
- Questions and Negations
- Question Tags
- Language in Use
- Word Formation
- General Vocabulary
- Topical Vocabulary
- Key Word Transformation
- Letters and Emails
- Blog Posts and Comments
- Connectives and Linking Phrases
- Phrasal Verbs
- Collocations and Phrases
Are you an elementary (CEFR level A1) learner of English? Practise and improve your listening skills with these listenings and exercises.
Choose a lesson
A good night's sleep
Listen to the radio interview and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.
- Log in or register to post comments
At the library – giving personal information
Listen to the conversation and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.
First day at school
Getting an ID card
Interview with a swimmer
Introducing a friend
Inviting someone to the cinema
Online safety conversation
Ordering food in a café
Listen to the spelling of the colours and do the exercises. If you don't know the colours in English, do this vocabulary exercise first.
Listen to the numbers and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.
Sign up to our newsletter for LearnEnglish Teens
Here, you will find listening comprehension exercises divided into the following four levels of difficulty:
- Business English
All audio files are found in mp3 format. You can use the following media players to play mp3 files on your computer:
- Windows Media Player
A transcript of each recording can also be found which will allow you to listen to the recording again if you want to check your answers, and to follow what is said by reading the transcript.
- iOS/Android App
- First Words
- Grammar Guide
- Grammar Exercises
Listening exercises, vocabulary exercises.
- Picture Quizzes
- FCE First Certificate
- CAE Advanced
- CPE Proficiency
- Phrasal Verbs
- Phrasal Verbs Definitions
- Pronunciation Exercises
Español / Castellano
- Aprender Español
- Learn Spanish
- Excellent ESL 4U Blog
- ESL Learning Tips
- Free ESL Book
- ESL Conversations
- ESL Conversation Cards
- 80 Conversation Cards
- ESL Flashcards
- ESL Listening
- ESL Reading
- ESL Vocabulary
- ESL Writing
- Free ESL Worksheets
- ESL Printables
- Idioms Worksheets
- ESL for Kids
- ESL Kids Vocabulary
- ESL Kids Worksheets
- ESL Games for Kids
- Wordsearches for Kids
- Kids Alphabet Writing
- About Excellent ESL 4U
ESL Listening Worksheets
This page has ESL listening worksheets that you can download and print for free. You can use them offline to help get better at listening to and understanding English.
Newest listening Worksheet
This is the most recent listening worksheet that has been added to the site. New material is added regularly so check back often to see what is new.
ESL New Year listening worksheet
All the material contained in the worksheets comes from the listening section of the Excellent ESL 4U website. It has been represented so that it is easier and simpler for people who do not want to use the Internet while doing the tasks. If this is you, then you can download the ESL listening worksheets.
Each worksheet has four listening exercises. These are listening to a group of words and identifying to correct order from options, listening to a definition of a word and finding the correct word, a listening comprehension where you have to listen to a spoken passage and then answer questions and finally a dictation passage.
For all the activities you will need to listen to a recording. Each exercise in the work sheet has a link to a Soundcloud track that you will need to listen to. You can either click the link within each pdf or copy the link into your web-browser to get to the recording.
On the last page of each ESL listening worksheet there are the answers to the three exercises that are multiple choice questions and the two passages from the listening comprehension and dictation are given so you can see them to check how well you understood the original.
There are also four other complementary worksheets about each of the topics covered by the listening worksheets on this page. They can be found on the following pages:
- ESL vocabulary worksheets
- ESL reading worksheets
- ESL writing worksheets
- ESL conversation worksheets
The vocabulary worksheet has a list of words and definitions that about the topic, and you should make sure you have learnt them before attempting the listening worksheets on this page. You can also download the vocabulary as ESL flashcards that you can use to learn the words.
If you like these worksheets or have any comments please let me know at the Excellent ESL 4U Facebook (see link at bottom of the page). You can post on the page’s wall and I will reply to your comments.
The following list contains all the listening worksheets you can download from the site. Just click on the one or ones you want and they will open in a new tab in your browser. Then save them to your own computer.
- Banking listening worksheet
- Doctors listening worksheet
- Meeting someone new listening worksheet
- Halloween listening worksheet
- Pets listening worksheet
- Weather listening worksheet
- Shopping listening worksheet
- Travel listening worksheet
- Clothes listening worksheet
- Sport listening worksheet
- Legal listening worksheet
- Driving listening worksheet
- Work listening worksheet
- Eating out listening worksheet
- Houses listening worksheet
- Taking a trip listening worksheet
- Family members listening worksheet
- Party listening worksheet
- Christmas listening worksheet
- University listening worksheet
- At the beach listening worksheet
- Supermarket listening worksheet
- Birthday listening worksheet
- Hotels listening worksheet
- Cities listening worksheet
- Describing people listening worksheet
- Cooking listening worksheet
- School listening worksheet
- Baby listening worksheet
- Politics listening worksheet
- New Year listening worksheet
Excellent ESL 4U
Learn english, english idioms, kids english, contact excellent esl 4u, site information, recent articles, esl new year listening.
Dec 18, 16 03:17 AM
There are several ESL New Year listening tasks for you to do on this page so you can learn how to listen to the vocabulary.
ESL New Year Writing
Dec 11, 16 03:40 AM
This page has a range of ESL New Year writing exercises for you to do.
ESL New Year Conversation
Dec 04, 16 02:07 AM
There are example ESL New Year conversations on this page as well as some exercises and activities.
By Jolyon Dodgson , copyright © 2014-2020
Image © Graphics Factory.com
- Click on the video you want to watch below.
- Watch the video, and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
- Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
- Check your answers.
- Academic Listening
- Language Games
- English Idioms
- Basic English Quizzes
- English Culture Videos
- Vocabulary Lessons
- ESL Vocabulary Quizzes
- Live Broadcasts
- Who's Randall?
- Speaking Events
- License ESL-Lab Content
- First-Time Users
- Audio/Video Help
- Self-Study Guide
- ESL Study Handouts
- Randall's ESL Blog
- Randall’s Favorites
- Tips for Teachers
- Recommended Products
- Contact Randall
Boosting Your English Listening Skills
Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab has been providing online English listening comprehension activities for ESL and EFL learners since 1998. Visit Randall’s other Web sites at DailyESL.com , EZslang.com , and Trainyouraccent.com for more language practice.
General ESL Listening Quizzes
Activities focus on everyday English comprehension skills at three levels based on content, voices, vocabulary, and natural speed. A combination of adult, teenage, and children’s voices are included.
Listening for high-beginning ESL students.
For intermediate-level ESL learners.
For advanced-level ESL learners.
Explore More English Listening Activities
Randall has created a variety of other ESL listening activities to improve your comprehension, speaking, vocabulary, and cultural awareness.
Watch interviews with native speakers on a variety of topics and practice your English skills.
High-Intermediate to advanced discussion activities using AI technologies to create dynamic voices and accents.
Short culture videos covering a wide range of topics that introduce learners to many parts of everyday topics.
Eslflow’s listening exercises for ESL
This is a rapidly growing collection of English language listening/speaking activities. They include PDF worksheets with exercises and scripts. Many are accompanied by videos. After an audio file has been played one time you will see three dots on the right hand side. You can download the audio file with one click.
These activities aim to improve students’ listening skills by:
- teaching listening skills within the context of other activities such as speaking and writing.
- using a variety of materials such as pictures, stories, articles, dialogues, and audio/video recordings.
Listening for Story telling exercises
Houses and neighborhoods
4 Online Shopping Listening/Speaking and Vocabulary Exercises
9 Import/Export, Logistics and Supply Chain vocabulary and listening/speaking exercises
Subscribe to Eslflow
Subscribe to get full access to the latest and best resources from eslflow.com . There are no ads in the newsletter and you will receive entertaining, high quality, and up-to-date teaching resources regularly. Also, if you take out a paid subscription, you can download large collections of PDF, audio and video materials in zip files.
16 Elementary Conversation Exercises for Speaking and Listening Classes (including worksheets, gap fills, audio and video)
Airport and airline listening/speaking exercises
Comparative adjective worksheets
Past (simple) tense listening exercises
“ used to” and past continuous listening/speaking and video exercises
11 role play listening/speaking Activities
7 essential listening exercises for English as a second language classes
Listening/speaking exercises for the latest technological advances
6 present perfect grammar, speaking and listening Exercises
Listening/speaking exercises for conditionals
Body language and gestures vocabulary and listening/speaking
Using transport and getting around town listening/speaking exercises
Money and finances listening/speaking exercises
Listening exercises for imperatives and classroom language
Reported speech and indirect questions listening/speaking activities
Teaching adverbs with listening/speaking activities
Listening practice for using transitions in sentences, paragraphs and essays
Talking about shopping listening/speaking activities
Describing graphs and trends listening practice
Listening exercises for prepositions
Listening exercises for the future tense
Food, cooking and kitchens listening/speaking exercises
Describing people and appearance listening/vocabulary exercises
Advertising and branding vocabulary and listening
Debate and discussion listening exercises
Reading comprehension listening exercises
Listening/speaking exercises for modals
5 common socializing and small talk listening/speaking exercises
Listening exercises for adjectives incl. describing people and describing cities
5 Elementary Conversational Expressions and Listening Exercises
Elementary First Day of Class Activities
Present continuous listening exercises
Food and Restaurant Vocabulary, Speaking and Listening Exercises
9 Invitations and Requests Dialogues and Listening Exercises for Everyday Scenarios
20 Brilliant Business English Speaking and Listening Skills Worksheets
10 Essential Business English Vocabulary Exercises and Worksheets
Job interview listening/speaking exercises
5 Gerunds and Infinitives Grammar, Speaking and Listening Activities
Passive voice listening/speaking Exercises
Personality listening/speaking activities
Environmental issues listening/speaking
Health vocabulary and speaking listening exercises