Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Multiplication & Division
- Multiply 3 by 2 digit numbers
Download & Print From only $2.60
Multiplying 3-digit by 2-digit numbers
Math worksheets: multiplying in columns (3-digit by 2-digit numbers).
Below are six versions of our grade 6 math worksheet on multiplying 3-digit by 2-digit numbers in columns. These worksheets are pdf files .
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More division worksheets
Explore all of our division worksheets , from simple division facts to long division of large numbers.
More multiplication worksheets
Find all of our multiplication worksheets , from basic multiplication facts to multiplying multi-digit whole numbers in columns.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
Grade 6 Multiplication Worksheets
Free printable sixth grade math worksheets to help your students improve their multiplication skills! Multiplying large numbers can be difficult, so it’s important for students to understand how to multiply in columns. These worksheets will give your students the repetition they need!
70 weeks of daily mental maths.
10 weeks of daily mental maths. Click to Preview.
10 weeks of free daily mental maths. Click to Preview.
70 weeks of grade 4, 5, 6 & 7 mental maths.
Click to Preview
Terms and conditions, refund policy, check out the store for great resources.
- Number Charts
- Long division
- Basic operations
- Telling time
- Place value
- Roman numerals
- Fractions & related
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Mixed numbers vs. fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Prime factorization & factors
- Fraction Calculator
- Decimals & Percent
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- Fractions to decimals
- Percents to decimals
- Percentage of a number
- Percent word problems
- Classify triangles
- Classify quadrilaterals
- Circle worksheets
- Area & perimeter of rectangles
- Area of triangles & polygons
- Coordinate grid, including moves & reflections
- Volume & surface area
- Square Roots
- Order of operations
- Scientific notation
- Ratio word problems
- Write expressions
- Evaluate expressions
- Simplify expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Graphing & slope
- Equation calculator
- Equation editor
- Elementary Math Games
- Addition and subtraction
- Math facts practice
- The four operations
- Factoring and number theory
- Geometry topics
- Middle/High School
- Statistics & Graphs
- Logic and proof
- For all levels
- Favorite math puzzles
- Favorite challenging puzzles
- Math in real world
- Problem solving & projects
- For gifted children
- Math history
- Math games and fun websites
- Interactive math tutorials
- Math help & online tutoring
- Assessment, review & test prep
- Online math curricula
- 1st Grade Math
- 2nd Grade Math
- 3rd Grade Math
- 4th Grade Math
- 5th Grade Math
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade Math
- Knowledge Base
6th Grade Multiplication Worksheets
Since division is just the opposite of multiplication, it is more straightforward to teach after pupils have mastered the former. The foundational knowledge of multiplication that sixth-graders gain is essential for moving on to more complex mathematical operations later. Grasping multiplication is critical for grade six students, and 6th grade math worksheets multiplication presents a perfect approach to make learning seamless.
Leave your email and we will send you worksheets
worksheets sent successfully
Sorry, please try again later.
Multiplication Worksheets For 6th Graders
Multiplication 6th Grade Worksheets
Multiplication Facts Worksheets 6th Grade
6th Grade Multiplication And Division Worksheets
Multiplication Worksheet 6th Grade
6th Grade Multiplication Worksheets Printable Free
Brighterly’s free multiplication worksheets grade 6 resources
Sixth-grade multiplication worksheets come with numerous benefits for students and tutors. The worksheets comprise word problems and other exercises that can boost kids’ multiplication skills.
Practicing by solving a diverse range of problems is the most efficient approach to learning multiplication fundamentals. Using multiplication worksheets 6th grade resources will give kids the knowledge and confidence they need to perfect their multiplying skills and learn other math concepts.
Math for Kids
Brighterly’s multiplication worksheets are specially designed by top professionals with years of experience in teaching kids. Hence, the organization and design of the worksheets would let any student go through the problems with ease. Also, the attractive format of the multiplication worksheets for 6th graders ensures that kids will not get tired while learning.
The use of worksheets has plenty of benefits for tutors, parents, and students. It lessens the workload of teachers by reducing the time spent on teaching. As kids practice with the worksheets, they will grasp concepts quickly.
6th Grade Multiplication Worksheets PDF
Multiplication Worksheets Grade 6
6th Grade Math Worksheets Multiplication
Multiplication Worksheets 6th Grade
Multiplication Worksheets For 6th Grade
Printable multiplication worksheets for 6th grade
You can download printable worksheets from the Brighterly website to help your kids study offline. Since the worksheets are in paper format, kids can repeatedly study, which leads to mastery and expertise. The offline version of the multiplication 6th grade worksheets allows kids to study without supervision of their parents or tutors.
More Multiplication Worksheets
- Multiplication Worksheets Grade 2
- Multiplication Worksheets Grade 3
- 4th Grade Multiplication Worksheets
- Multiplication Worksheets for 5th Graders
- 3 Digit By 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- 2 Digit By 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- 2 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- Double Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- Multiplication Table Worksheets
- Multiplication Tables 1-12
Problems with Multiplication?
- Does your child need additional support with understanding multiplication concepts?
- Start lessons with an online tutor.
Is your child finding it challenging to master multiplication lessons? An online tutor could be the solution.
Math Catch Up Program
Decimals are numbers representing tenths, hundredths, etc., of a unit, while percentages are fractions stated in hundredths-of-a-unit equivalents. Convert decimals to percents worksheets will help your kids understand the fundamentals of mathematics, the knowledge they will use daily for different purposes, for example, figuring out how much something will cost. Decimals are used for small […]
Mathematical education is incomplete without the knowledge of probability since applied mathematics relies heavily on the concept. Unfortunately, many students still have difficulties understanding and applying the concept to everyday scenarios. Is your youngster trying to understand the topic of probability? Here is everything you should know about 7th grade probability worksheets. Before we […]
In fourth grade, students should comprehend the concept of perimeter. It is the circumference of a shape that is frequently used to determine an object’s size or dimensions. But sometimes, understanding that concept doesn’t come easily to students. So, teachers frequently use 4th grade perimeter worksheets to teach and practice this idea with students. Getting […]
6th Grade Multiplication Worksheets
6th grade multiplication worksheets are a good way for students to clear their concepts of multiplication. These worksheets consist of questions based on multiplication of different digits including decimals and fractions as well as associated word problems.
Benefits of 6th Grade Math Multiplication Worksheets
The best way to instil clear concepts on the topic of multiplication is by solving several practice problems. The 6th grade multiplication worksheets consist of a wide variety of problems that can help students with this process. These 6th grade math worksheets are well-structured to ensure that a kid does not get confused while solving problems. Students are also encouraged to work at their own pace as they move from a simpler section to more complicated questions, enabling them to build a strong foundation of the topic.
Printable PDFs for Grade 6 Multiplication Worksheets
The 6th grade math multiplication worksheets are easy to use, interactive, free to download and consist of several visual simulations.
- 6th Grade Multiplication Math Worksheet
- Math Grade 6 Multiplication Worksheet
- Multiplication Math Worksheet 6th Grade
- Grade 6 Math Multiplication Worksheet
Explore more topics at Cuemath's Math Worksheets .
- 6th Grade Math
6th Grade math worksheets: Multiplication of whole numbers
Are you a teacher or parent and want some perfect strategies for teaching multiplication in Grade 6? Then welcome to this brilliant math article. This article will offer a comprehensive collection of 6th-grade math worksheets with fun tips to enrich your 6th-graders' multiplication of whole numbers skills.
From basic multiplication facts to more complex multi-digit multiplication problems, our worksheets cover a wide range of topics, ensuring that every child has ample opportunities to practice and reinforce their skills.
Multiplication of whole numbers made easy: Enhance your child's learning with our 6th Grade math worksheets.
In this article, you will find everything you need to help your 6 th Grade students master whole numbers multiplication quickly. Some of these include the importance of learning multiplication in 6th grade, understanding the basic principles of multiplication, the benefits of using math worksheets for learning multiplication, how to effectively use math worksheets for multiplication practice, and the different types of multiplication worksheets you can find in Mathskills4kids.com .
Apart from worksheets, we will provide some interactive and engaging multiplication activities for 6th graders and the best way to incorporate real-life examples into multiplication practice. Also, we will teach you how to track progress and assess your student’s multiplication skills. Above all, we’ll include additional resources and tools that you can use to enhance multiplication learning in Grade 6.
So why wait? Equip children with the tools they need to excel in math and watch their multiplication skills soar with our 6th-grade multiplication of whole numbers worksheets .
BROWSE THE WEBSITE
Download free worksheets, grade 6 math topics.
- Whole numbers
- Exponents and square roots
- Number theory
- Add & subtract decimals
- Multiply & divide decimals
- Fractions & mixed numbers
- Add & subtract fractions
- Multiply fractions
- Divide fractions
- Operations with integers
- Mixed operations
- Rational numbers
- Problems solving
- Ratio & proportions
- Measuring units
- Consumer math
- Telling time
- Coordinate graph
- Algebraic expressions
- One step equations
- Solve & graph inequalities
- Two-step equations
- 2D Geometry
- Symmetry & transformation
- Geometry measurement
- Data and Graphs
Start practice on Sixth Grade here
Understanding the basic principles of multiplication.
Before we dive into the benefits and features of our math worksheets, let's review some of the basic principles of multiplication that your child should know by 6th grade. Multiplication is a way of adding a number to itself a certain number of times. For example, 3 x 4 means adding 3 to itself 4 times: 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12.
The number being added is called the multiplicand , and the number that indicates how many times it is being added is called the multiplier . The result of multiplication is called the product .
Multiplication can also be seen as repeated grouping or counting. For example, 3 x 4 can also mean grouping 3 objects into 4 equal groups: (3) (3) (3) (3). Or it can mean counting by 3s 4 times: 3, 6, 9, 12. These different ways of thinking about multiplication can help your child understand the concept better and apply it to different situations.
Another important principle of multiplication is the commutative property, which states that changing the order of the factors does not change the product. For example, 3 x 4 = 4 x 3 = 12. This property can help your child simplify calculations and check their answers.
Benefits of using Mathskills4kids’ math worksheets for learning multiplication
Now that we have reviewed some basic multiplication principles, let's see how our math worksheets can help your child learn and practice them. Here are some of the benefits of using Mathskills4kids’ math worksheets for learning multiplication :
- They provide structured and systematic practice . Our math worksheets are organized by topics and difficulty levels, so your child can progress from simple to complex problems at their own pace. They can also review previous topics and reinforce their skills.
- They offer variety and challenge . Our math worksheets include problems such as word problems, puzzles, riddles, crosswords, mazes, and more. These problems require your child to apply their multiplication skills in different contexts and formats, which can enhance their understanding and retention.
- They are interactive and engaging . Mathskills4kids’ math worksheets are colorful, attractive, and fun to do. They also include feedback and hints to guide your child along the way. Your child can also earn points and badges for completing the worksheets, boosting their confidence and motivation.
- They are flexible and convenient . Our math worksheets are available online and offline, so your child can access them anytime and anywhere. They can also print or do them on a tablet or computer. You can customize the worksheets according to your child's needs and preferences.
How to effectively use math worksheets for multiplication practice
To get the most out of our math worksheets for multiplication practice , here are some tips on how to use them effectively :
- Set a regular schedule and routine for doing the worksheets . This will help your child develop a habit of practicing multiplication and improve their skills over time.
- Choose the appropriate level and topic for your child . Start with the basics and gradually move on to more advanced topics as your child progresses. You can also use our diagnostic tests to assess your child's current level and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Monitor your child's progress and provide support. Check your child's answers and give them feedback on their performance. Praise them for their efforts and achievements, and encourage them to keep trying if they make mistakes. You can also use our progress reports and analytics tools to track your child's improvement and identify areas for improvement.
- Make it fun and rewarding . Use our math worksheets as a game or a challenge for your child. You can also set goals and rewards for completing the worksheets, such as stickers, certificates, or prizes. You can also involve other family members or friends in doing the worksheets together or competing with each other.
Different types of multiplication of whole numbers worksheets available
Mathskills4kids.com has a wide range of multiplication of worksheets available for your child to choose from. Here are some examples of the different types of multiplication of whole numbers worksheets we offer :
- Basic multiplication worksheets . These worksheets cover the basic facts and properties of multiplication, such as the times tables, the commutative property, the identity property, and the zero property. They also include practice problems and drills to help your child memorize and recall the facts quickly and accurately.
- Multiplication by one-digit numbers worksheets . These worksheets cover the multiplication of two-digit, three-digit, and four-digit numbers by one-digit numbers, such as 24 x 3, 345 x 6, or 1234 x 9. They also include word problems and puzzles to help your child apply their skills to real-life situations.
- Multiplication by two-digit numbers worksheets . These worksheets cover the multiplication of two-digit, three-digit, and four-digit numbers by two-digit numbers, such as 24 x 12, 345 x 23, or 1234 x 56. They also include word problems and puzzles to help your child apply their skills to real-life situations.
- Multiplication by multiples of 10 worksheets . These worksheets cover the multiplication of whole numbers by multiples of 10, such as 24 x 10, 345 x 100, or 1234 x 1000. They also include word problems and puzzles to help your child apply their skills to real-life situations.
- Multiplication by powers of 10 worksheets . These worksheets cover the multiplication of whole numbers by powers of 10, such as 24 x 10 2 , 345 x 10 3 , or 1234 x 10 4 . They also include word problems and puzzles to help your child apply their skills to real-life situations.
Interactive and engaging multiplication activities for 6th graders
In addition to Mathskills4kids’ math worksheets, we also have a variety of interactive and engaging multiplication activities for your child to enjoy. Here are some examples of the activities we offer:
- Multiplication games . These games are fun and exciting ways for your child to practice multiplication. They include games such as bingo, memory, matching, racing, shooting, etc. Your child can play these games alone or with others online or offline.
- Multiplication quizzes . These quizzes are quick and easy ways for your child to test their multiplication knowledge and skills. They include quizzes such as multiple choice, fill in the blanks, true or false, and more. Your child can take these quizzes online or offline and get instant feedback and scores.
- Multiplication videos . These videos are informative and entertaining ways for your child to learn about the concepts and methods of multiplication. They include videos such as tutorials, animations, songs, stories, and more. Your child can watch these videos online or offline and learn at their own pace.
Incorporating real-life examples into multiplication practice
One of the best ways to help your child learn multiplication is to incorporate real-life examples into their practice . This will help them see the relevance and usefulness of multiplication in everyday life and make it more meaningful and exciting for them.
Here are some ways to incorporate real-life examples into multiplication practice :
- Use objects or pictures to represent multiplication problems . For example, you can use coins, buttons, candies, or toys to show how multiplication works. You can also use pictures or drawings of objects or scenes that involve multiplication, such as a garden with rows of flowers, a pizza with slices of toppings, or a classroom with desks and chairs.
- Use stories or scenarios that involve multiplication problems . For example, you can use stories or scenarios from books, movies, TV shows, or games that involve multiplication, such as a spy mission that requires multiplying codes or passwords, a baking recipe that requires multiplying ingredients or measurements, or a sports game that requires multiplying scores or points.
- Use real-world data or information that involve multiplication problems . For example, you can use data or information from newspapers, magazines, websites, or apps that involve multiplication, such as weather forecasts that require multiplying temperatures or wind speeds, travel guides that require multiplying distances or times, or shopping lists that require multiplying prices or quantities.
Tracking progress and assessing multiplication skills
One of the advantages of using math worksheets for learning multiplication is that they allow you to track your child's progress and assess their skills . Regularly checking their answers and providing feedback can help your child identify their strengths and weaknesses and work on improving them. You can also use our Grade 6 math worksheets to prepare your child for tests and quizzes and to measure their learning outcomes.
Some math worksheets have answer keys or solutions that you can use to check your child's work. Others may have scoring guides or rubrics that show how the problems are graded. You can also create your scoring system based on the difficulty level and the number of problems. For example, you can assign one point for each correct answer and deduct half a point for each incorrect answer. Then, you can calculate the percentage of correct answers and compare it with a predetermined standard or goal.
Another way to track progress and assess skills is to use online tools or apps that provide instant feedback and reports. For example, you can use MathScore.com, a website that offers adaptive math practice and assessment for 6th graders. MathScore.com generates math worksheets based on your child's skill level and adjusts the difficulty as they progress. It also provides detailed feedback and reports on your child's performance, including accuracy, speed, and mastery. You can use MathScore.com to monitor your child's progress, identify gaps in their knowledge, and assign more practice as needed.
Additional resources and tools for enhancing multiplication of whole numbers learning
Besides 6 th Grade math worksheets, there are many other resources and tools that you can use to enhance your child's multiplication of whole numbers learning skills . Here are some examples:
Some math games you can play with your child are Multiplication Bingo, Multiplication War, Multiplication Memory, and Multiplication Tic-Tac-Toe. You can find these games online or create your own using cards, dice, or paper.
Some examples of math videos you can watch with your child are Khan Academy's Multiplication Videos , Math Antics' Multiplication Videos, and Numberock's Multiplication Songs. You can find these videos on YouTube or other platforms.
Some examples of math books that you can read with your child are Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook by Workman Publishing, The Everything Kids' Math Puzzles Book by Meg Clemens et al., and The Best of Times by Greg Tang.
Some examples of math manipulatives that you can use with your child are base-ten blocks, counters, tiles, arrays, grids, and models.
Thank you for sharing the links of MathSkills4Kids.com with your loved ones. Your choice is greatly appreciated.
Multiplication is an essential skill your child needs to master in 6th grade. It is the foundation for many other math topics, such as fractions, decimals, ratios, proportions, percentages, algebra, geometry, and more. Using 6 th Grade math worksheets for learning multiplication can help your child practice their skills, reinforce their understanding, and improve their confidence.
Remember to visit more of Mathskills4kids.com 's resources for more educational math activities for your 6 th graders.
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
This is mathskills4kids.com a premium math quality website with original Math activities and other contents for math practice. We provide 100% free Math ressources for kids from Preschool to Grade 6 to improve children skills.
Data & Graphs
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Our team Don't Pass on to third parties any identifiable information about mathskills4kids.com users. Your email address and other information will NEVER be given or sold to a third party.
USE OF CONTENTS
Many contents are released for free but you're not allowed to share content directly (we advise sharing website links), don't use these contents on another website or for a commercial issue. You're supposed to protect downloaded content and take it for personal or classroom use. Special rule : Teachers can use our content to teach in class.