How search works:
- Punctuation and capital letters are ignored.
- Special characters like underscores (_) are removed.
- Known synonyms are applied.
- The most relevant topics (based on weighting and matching to search terms) are listed first in search results.
Topics are ranked in search results by how closely they match your search terms
- A match on the entire phrase you typed.
- A match on part of the phrase you typed.
- A match on ALL of the terms in the phrase you typed.
- A match on ANY of the terms in the phrase you typed.
Note: Matches in titles are always highly ranked.
Constrain the assignment group field
- Save As PDF Selected topic Topic & subtopics All topics in contents
- Share this page
Before you begin
- Open an incident.
- Right-click the Assignment group label and select Configure Dictionary .
- If the form appears in Default view , under Related Links , click Advanced view .
- In the Use reference qualifier field, ensure that the Advanced option is selected.
- Save the record.
- Navigate to System Definitions > Script Includes .
- Click New .
What to do next
Last updated: August 3, 2023
Tags: Vancouver , Platform Field Administration
ServiceNow Community servicenow community
- ServiceNow Community
- Developer forum
- Reference qualifier to limit assignment groups fie...
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Question as New
- Mark Question as Read
- Float this Question for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Reference qualifier to limit assignment groups field
- Mark as New
- Report Inappropriate Content
12-07-2016 02:43 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
- 2,173 Views
12-07-2016 03:10 PM
View solution in original post
- All forum topics
- Previous Question
- Next Question
12-07-2016 02:54 PM
12-07-2016 04:31 PM
12-07-2016 04:33 PM
- Limit MRVS reference field by same field on other rows? in Developer forum 6 hours ago
- Configurable Workspace Reference Fields open Modal but do not load records in Developer forum yesterday
- How to display only assets that are assigned to the selected user in Record Producer in Developer forum Tuesday
- Catalog reference variable Drop down value is showing unwanted values in Developer forum Tuesday
- How to achieve Advanced Work Assignment: Set Agent's Availability automatically after 10minutes in Developer forum Monday
ServiceNow Advanced Reference Qualifier | How to filter the Assignment group based on Assigned To
Been in a predicament in ServiceNow, where you know the person a task needs to be assigned to, but don’t know the right group? I got you!
In this video, we add an advanced reference qualifier on a dictionary override on the assignment group fields (for incidents) that calls a server side script include to run some funky glideRecord queries and return as back a refined list of group sys_id’s. Its then these groups that are shown when you click the Assignment Group magnifying glass.
Reference Qualifier bit:
Tags: advanced reference qualifier beth anglin GlideRecord reference field reference qualifier script include servicenerd servicenow admin servicenow demo servicenow tutorial sysid in
You may also like...
What is ChatGPT and Can We Use it for ServiceNow
ServiceNow: How to populate user reference field with logged in User. #shorts
ServiceNow Client Script Messages | getMessage | Language Translation
- Next story Flow Designer Error Handling ServiceNow | How to…
- Previous story ServiceNow GlideAggregate Count | Is it better than GlideRecord getRowCount()
All Videos / New Features / Tips & Tricks
AI in ServiceNow with Justin Meadows | What does it mean?
February 27, 2023
New Features / Tips & Tricks
December 18, 2022
- Recent Posts
- Popular Posts
- Recent Comments
All Videos / Flow Designer
“Do the Following Until” Flow Logic in ServiceNow Flow Designer
September 1, 2023
Exploring Dynamic Flow and Get Flow Output Logic in ServiceNow Flow Designer!
July 24, 2023
All Videos / Flow Designer / Tips & Tricks
Flow Designer Error Handling ServiceNow | How to…
July 3, 2023
June 11, 2023
ServiceNow GlideAggregate Count | Is it better than GlideRecord getRowCount()
April 24, 2023
Service Catalog / Tips & Tricks
ServiceNow: How to embed hyperlinks in work notes | clickable links
October 30, 2022
ServiceNow Inbound REST API | Import Set API
September 12, 2022
New Features / Shorts
ServiceNow San Diego Polaris | ServiceNow Next Experience UI #SanDiego #Polaris #Shorts
February 7, 2022
ServiceNow Flow Template Builder | Create a template using Flow Template Builder
October 6, 2022
- artificial intelligence business rule client script flow Flow designer Flow designer development flow designer for service catalog flow designer servicenow flow designer servicenow orlando flow designer servicenow training flow design tutorial g form glideajax GlideRecord integration hub onload script include service catalog service catalog in servicenow service catalogue servicenerd servicenow servicenow admin servicenow administrator training servicenow community servicenow demo servicenow developer servicenow developer training servicenow flow servicenow flow designer servicenow flow designer approval servicenow flow logic servicenow glideajax example ServiceNow how to servicenow integration servicenow microsoft teams servicenow new features ServiceNow Next Experience ServiceNow Polaris servicenow reference field ServiceNow San Diego servicenow shorts servicenow training servicenow tutorial subflow