Frequently-asked questions about Satchel One for parents
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions by parents.
What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
Viewing the To-Do list as a parent
How can I print my child's homework?
What do the colours in the calendar mean, what do the numbers on the homework tasks mean, how do i view both my children from my parent account, how do i delete a child from my parent account, how can i leave a comment to a teacher, how do i stop overdue notifications, why are some tasks missing the 'submit' option to hand in online, why are some tasks not graded.
If you lose your password, don't worry! It can be easily recovered using your registered email address. Please follow the guide below to recover your password:
Go to https://www.satchelone.com/login and click Forgot Password?
Enter your email address in the box and click Reset password
A password reset email will be sent to your registered address. Follow the instructions to reset your login details.
If you are unable to recover your password, please contact the school who will be able to further assist.
Viewing the To-do list as a parent
When you log into your parental account, if you click on your child's name you will be automatically taken to their To-do-List. This will enable you to see what homework your child has been set, what they have completed, and what they have yet to complete. The To-do List is divided into two tabs: Recent and Upcoming . On the Recent page, tasks with the nearest due dates will be displayed. On the Upcoming page, homework which is due further in the future will appear.
If you would like to view any overdue homework your child has, simply tick the box next to the search bar and all homework tasks past their submission due date will be shown.
Click on the homework task you wish to print, then click on Actions and select Print homework in the drop-down menu.
A file will then download which will allow you to print out the description of your child's homework task.
On the school homework calendar , you will notice that numbers appear in the top right corner of each homework task.
This simply tells you how many days are left until the task's due date. This helps you gather more information about the task at a moment's glance.
Log in to your parent account or sign up using one of the parent codes you received from the school. Next, go to Account Settings and use your additional parent code to link another student to your account. Please see our article on linking students for more information!
Parents are not able to remove students from their account. If you no longer want to have access to a child' Satchel One account, please contact the school directly. Alternatively, our Support team will be happy to assist.
Currently, parents are not able to leave a comment to teachers using our platform. Although you are able to oversee any communication between your child and their teachers, you cannot leave a comment directly from your parent account.
If you /your child are receiving these reminders, this may mean that the teacher has set homework that requires an online submission . Homework marked for online submission must have a submission on Satchel One, otherwise, you will be notified of any overdue homework until the student makes a submission.
If your child has already completed the task or is no longer required to do so, they can stop the reminders by locating the task and clicking on the Submit tab. They can submit their work in either the text box or by adding the document as an attachment. In some cases, they may have already handed in this homework, so to stop these overdue homework notifications, they can write a note to their teacher informing them that they have already handed in the homework in class.
Please note that unless the teacher has selected 'online submission' for a specific homework task, students will not be able to submit their homework in Satchel One.
If the teacher has asked for the homework to be handed in during class or on a different platform, the Submit option will not be available. You can find how your child is meant to submit his homework on the description box available in every homework task.
Tasks that students have to complete directly on the platform, such as Quizzes and Spelling tests, are marked automatically and their status (submitted, late, not submitted) and grade will be displayed as soon as it becomes available. For all other types of homework, we rely on the teachers to enter the status, comment and grade. Each school has its own policy for marking homework, so even though we provide the tool, they might choose to not use it. We'd encourage you to discuss this further with the school.
Didn't find what you're looking for?
Show My Homework
Assign and monitor homework online with the market-leading homework solution that engages students, involves parents and saves teachers time.
What is Show My Homework?
Show My Homework is the market-leading homework software, used by 1 in 3 UK secondary schools, that integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams . Made up of easy-to-use features that involve all key stakeholders in the homework process, Show My Homework provides schools with the tools they need to support home-learning in the most simple and effective way.
- Set, submit and grade homework online
- Re-use your own and colleagues’ homework tasks
- Integrate with Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams
- Identify learning gaps with auto-graded Quizzes and detailed reports
- Notify parents when students receive assignments
- Dedicated parent, teacher and student apps
- Mark tasks and view results via the Gradebook
- Differentiate homework to cater to students at different levels
- Access homework tasks made by other teachers in Community Resources
- Import quizzes directly from Neeto
Meet your new AI Sidekick
Get your evenings and weekends back by supercharging your productivity with Sidekick, an AI homework tool that makes creating homework, quizzes, spelling tests and lesson plans as easy as a few clicks. Now available in Satchel One
Here's what our customers have to say about us
"It was a lifesaver in Lockdown. The company quickly adapted further tools. Now it's a comprehensive site."
"Saves time, allows me to send web links and the huge variety of types of homework. Amazing support during lockdown and..."
"It is very efficient; allows parental access; archives tasks; allows 2 way communication between pupils and teachers; keeps records..."
"Very professional, rapid answer to issues, constantly updating in response to feedback - new facilities added regularly"
"I have found it incredibly useful during this period of lockdown, however I was using it to enter homework as well and that has..."
"It makes setting Homework easy and you know everyone in the class is informed."
Facilitate blended learning
With Show My Homework your school has immediate access to powerful distance learning tools, making it easy to combine in-person teaching with online-centred learning. Teachers can set remote Classwork instantly, notifying learners of work to complete via Satchel One.
- Integrations with tech leaders, Microsoft and Google, makes blended learning even more powerful
- Assign Classwork online to students working from home
- Teachers can see how many students have viewed work and completed assignments
- Students can message teachers directly for support with tasks, or begin a task discussion with their peers
- Parents can see assigned tasks via the parent app
- Be ready to switch to distance learning, should the need arise, at any time
Save teachers time
Set quality homework tasks faster. Create, re-use and share tasks for more efficient time management. Give SLT detailed, automatically-populated reports and implement your homework policy across the entire school.
- Re-use homework tasks made by you and your colleagues
- Access 100s of homework tasks on Community Resources
- Integrate third party homework tasks from Quizlet and GCSEPod
- Faster homework tracking with Reports and Insights
- SLT have access to detailed reports and analytics at their fingertips
- Automatically sync tasks set in Google Classroom to Satchel One
SLT have found the system to be invaluable in the tracking and quality assurance of homework. We’ve saved 95% of time previously spent tracking homework on a termly basis.
Using Show My Homework alongside Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams
Satchel integrates with Microsoft Teams and Google for Education to make homework management simple and powerful. Complementary functionality means the combined use of these tools help to give your school community the ultimate online learning experience.
Clever integrations and complementary functionality means the combined use of these tools help to give your school community the ultimate online learning experience.
These integrations link Show My Homework and Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams’ learning platforms together intrinsically, helping to save teacher time and create a powerful learning experience for students.
- Increase parental engagement in student learning by notifying them when tasks are set on Satchel One and shared to Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams
- Save time and share best practices across your school with easy-to-reuse homework tasks and access to Community Resources
- Have a clear view of how homework is performing across the school with detailed reporting and student insights
- Create a more personalised learning experience for your students and provide thorough feedback and support with combined use of Satchel One and Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams
- Enjoy access to all the tools and features your school needs to provide a complete distance and blended learning experience
Because Satchel One is such a flexible platform, we were able to offer a blended approach. We were still teaching physical lessons, but we also had students joining in via Google Meet.
- Import tasks from Google Classroom direct to Show My Homework or easily share tasks to Microsoft Teams
- Students can submit work to Show My Homework via OneDrive and Google Drive
- Schools can change their default submission method to either Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams
- Attach Google Drive or OneDrive documents to assignments
- Open Google Drive and OneDrive documents via the Assess tab for quick access to marking
- Add live lesson links from Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams to Satchel One’s Timetables
- Use either your existing Gmail or Office 365 email address to sign into Satchel One
While we did most of our communication with pupils via Microsoft Teams, we found that posting on Satchel One was key in keeping parents informed.
Used by 1 in 3 UK secondary schools
We’re partners to 1 in 3 secondary schools across the UK, join the Satchel One community today.
Borden Grammar School
Castle Newnham School
Harris Academy South Norwood
The Habs Boys' School
Sir John Lawes School
St Bonaventure's School
Thorpe St Andrew School
Award winning software
Satchel are an award winning company who currently work with 2500 schools worldwide.
2023 Winners Response to Covid-19
2021 Winners Whole School Aids for Learning, Teaching & Assessment
2020 Winners School Business Category
2019 Winners Edtech Innovator of the Year
2018 Winners Whole School Aids for Learning, Teaching & Assessment
2017 Winners Secondary Resource or Equipment - Including ICT
2017 Winners Education Company of the Year
2017 Winners Digital Innovation in the Public Sector
2016 Winners Upscale
2016 Winners EdtechXRise All Stars award
The Power of Paperless Homework
Whole-school Homework Progress
Engaging Students & Quality Assuring Homework
Speak to the team today!
Whether you’re looking for pricing, a quick demo and login details or more detailed information about getting your school set up, the team will be on hand to help. Fill in the form or give us a call on 020 7197 9550 option 1.