- Download the 25-Question PCE Sample Quiz for FREE
- Enrollment is Now Open
Physiotherapy Competency Exam
PCE exam has 2 components: written and clinical which is designed to test a candidate’s competency to work as a licensed physical therapist.
We prepare students for the first step towards success- the written component; by improving their foundation knowledge, critical thinking, analyzing and reasoning skills.
Elements include assessment and evaluation, interpretation and intervention, reassessment and professional responsibilities which cover major structures of the exam: Neuromusculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardiopulmonary-vascular and Multi-system.
We are offering 2 packages for PCE at this time:
- $449/- PCE written consists of 2 ethics classes and 2 mock tests apart from Musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary Multisystem and Non systems classes
- $599/- PCE written consists of 5 ethics classes and 4 mock tests apart from Musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary Multisystem and Non systems classes
- NEUROLOGY MODULE – This package includes neurology for a total of $149 USD or $169 CAD. This will give you access to neurology classes for 1 year. This package does not include access to strategy classes and NPTE Study Buddy practice exams. For enrollment, click here and then contact [email protected] and brains[email protected] with the invoice after payment is done.
Download PCE Study Buddy Syllabus
Register for $449 USD
Register for $599 usd, register for neurology $149 usd / $169 cad.
Improving your preparedness for the PCE is what we do. For questions and inquiries, you may send an email to [email protected] .
Welcome to NPTE Study Buddy
You are using an old version of IE. To fully enjoy the site, download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Be a licensed physiotherapist in Canada, USA, Australia and Dubai
Pce clinical, who are we.
PCE Study Buddy has pledged to provide a comprehensive preparation course for the written as well as clinical aspects of the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE). PCE Study buddy is a renowned and trusted licensure program as per the guidelines of Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators (CAPR), which helps the national and international students to achieve their goals and live their dreams of being a licensed therapist in Canada. We offer courses for both the written as well as the clinical component of the test. Our adept tutors have provided guidance for more than 500 students for over more than 5 years to crack the license test and work as efficient therapists.
Is this course for you?
Do you want to:.
- Improve your probability to pass PCE
- Have real live interactions with instructors/tutors
- Learn and understand the nature and type of exam
- Have a lot of sample questions
- Receive instant feedback by well versed PTs
- Feel more confident about your test taking skills and abilities
Course for the PCE clinical component
PCE Study Buddy offers a course which encircles the syllabus that is provided by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators (CAPR). This test is divided into 2 components – written and the clinical component. We cover all the major subjects which build in the base of the test such as:
- Cardio-pulmonary and vascular
Each subject is further dissected under the following sub-topics: Anatomy/Physiology Signs/Symptoms Treatments Indications/Contraindications System interaction Situational analysis
Clinical course objectives
- Opportunities to learn major skills for PCE clinicals.
- Practice practical cases as per Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) with peers and gain feedback on personal performance.
- We have a set number of lectures reserved for individual subjects; Total 9 lectures & 9 test classes will be conducted.
- Gain insight into how to read and interpret OSCE stations by creating and evaluating OSCE-style stations.
- We provide comprehensive notes for the clinical lectures and tests.
- Gain knowledge to improvise the performance with proper & personal guidance from our elite mentors.
- Students get an opportunity to discuss all major topics of PCE Clinicals as per the blueprint of CAPR.
- One on one assessment and guidance for your weak points based on your performance is given.
- All classes are conducted on Zoom to provided easy accessibility.
- 9 different test are conducted on zoom. Each tests consists of 8 different clinical stations. Students are expected to be prepared before hand, as the tutors can randomly ask any student to perform the clinical test.
- Mock exams are conducted at the end of the cohort with 12 different practical stations as per OSCE. Individual and group feedback is provided after each station for better understanding.
- Video recordings of lectures will be given for revision.
- Evaluation sheet of your performance is provided on your result.
- Validity of the access to clinical classes is 1 year.
- Total fees of this course is $799 CAD.
- This course prepares the students to have a very focused, reasonable and a diagnostic approach towards the test questions and simulated clinical cases.
- Limited seats available, so HURRY!
Sessions end only when all the doubts of the students are solved with satisfactory answers. Our team is here to help you at each and every step.
1) Musculoskeletal Classes:
- Total 5 lectures
- Subjective and objective assessment
- Goniometery, MMT, Special Tests
- Exercise prescription
- ICU set up, ambulation and post surgical cases
- Posture assessment, Ergonomic assessment, MSK conditions
2) Multisystem Classes:
- Total 2 lectures
- Modalities, burn bandages, hemophilia and HIV
- Pregnancy, lymphedema, diabetes, obesity
3) Ethics Class:
- Privacy, consent, boundaries and sexual abuse, communication skills
- Providing and refusing care standard
- Reporting obligations
- Working with PTA Standards
4) Neurology Classes:
- Assessment for bed mobility, tone, proprioceptive/joint sense, co-ordination and balance
- MMT for peripheral nerve injury, SCI injury levels and management
- Gait training and assessment
- Transfer techniques and assessment
- Wheelchair mobility/propulsion
- Sensory and motor examination
- Fall, stroke and development history
- PT interventions for neurological conditions
- Pediatric conditions and rehabilitations
- Outcome measures
5) Cardio-Pulmonary Classes:
- Subjective assessment of Cardiac conditions, respiratory conditions, aerobic training
- Objective assessment
- Vascular assessment of arterial and venous disorders, diabetic foot care, COPD, RDS
- Use of breathing devices
- PT interventions
- What is the validity of the course? The validity of the course is till the end of 2021.
- How to register for written and clinical exam? Please refer our website to enroll for the course or email us at [email protected].
- How can I extend my subscription for some more time? You can extend the subscription for another one year by paying the fees for extension. Payment can be made by PayPal, Zelle or direct bank transfer.
- How can I watch the lectures again if miss the live lectures? You can watch the recorded lectures on facebook or website login.
- What is the success rate after joining the course? Our success rate for the course is 94% We strive hard to help our students achieve their goals.
- How are the lectures conducted? All the lectures are conducted on zoom.
Welcome to Studybuddy We are happy to announce the availability of the mock exams to non studybuddy students
We have 4 mock exams with 200 questions each with vignettes in the beginning and standalones in the end. You have 4 hours to complete this test and after completing the exam you can review the exam anytime.
Each exam is 60 USD. Please register as a new user to create your online portal where you can buy the exam.
After buying the exam you will get the access to the exam under all exam’s sections.
You will get the rationale in your website portal once you complete the exam, and you can review it anytime
This exam has 200 Questions & there are vignettes in the beginning and standalones in the end.
There are no scheduled breaks during the exam, however, you can take a break of 10 mins while the timer is on.
To select the Correct answer, click on the suitable option- A/B/C/D. After your selection, the option should appear green .
Navigate using the 'Next' button to go to the next question & ' Previous ' button to go the previous question. These are provided at the bottom of the screen.
You can use Flag button to flag your questions, you will find it above question, after selecting answer click on Flag and Next, you will find yellow color in number pallet. If you want to open Flag question, click on yellow background numbers and after reviewing if you want, you can Unflag using Unflag button above question.
Option to ' Submit' will appear on the bottom right corner of the screen when you reach QUESTION NUMBER 200.
Carefully submit your exam and DO NOT 'Refresh' after submission. You will get a notification of a SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION, then Press ' YES ' to view your result.
Those who are not able to reach question 200 by the end of 4 hrs, the test gets saved and submitted automatically.
In case you encounter any difficulty while taking the exam , please call us at-
+1 ( 647) 641- 0501 ( Hitesh Sharma- Canada) Please use diligence when contacting.
After the exam, you can mail us any queries that you have regarding the questions/ answers at [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
***We strongly advice you not to call us or Ankit directly for clarification of each question.