10 Questions to Ask
Before hiring a business plan writer.
Not ready to download? Don't worry, it has been sent directly to your inbox.
Business Plan Writing Service
Maximize your chances of getting funded
Our business plan writers develop plans that can help you win funding.
What you can expect working with our Team:
Business planning pros
You’ll work with a professional plan writer who will build a custom business plan for your unique industry
The #1 planning tool
Get free access to LivePlan software, which makes it easier to share and update your plan
A winning format
Our unique business plan format has helped over 1 million businesses
Expert business plan writers for any type of business
Business plans for startups
- Establish milestones to achieve success.
- Outline accurate startup costs.
- Fully establish the vision for your business.
Pitching to investors
- Plans are formatted to meet lenders' expectations.
- Ensures your projected financials are realistic.
- Be prepared with a strong plan to back up your pitch.
Retail, eCommerce, restaurants and other popular industries
- Plan writers with experience and expertise in your industry.
- Insights into what details are vital to succeed in your industry.
- Develop a strong value proposition to stand out from the competition.
What makes our business plan writing services different?
Our business plan format has helped companies raise millions.
Our writers use a business plan structure that has been tested and refined over the past 20 years. So when you hire a LivePlan business plan writer, you'll be maximizing your chances of securing a loan or investment.
Business plan writers trusted by top business schools across the U.S.
Since 1988, Palo Alto Software—the creator of LivePlan—has helped over a million entrepreneurs achieve success. Our business plan structure is even taught at top universities, such as Princeton and Rice.
Get matched with a business plan writer who knows your industry
Our writers are experienced professionals who have written hundreds of business plans. That means there will most likely be someone on our team who has experience in your specific industry.
The best decision I could have made to launch my business in the right direction. I definitely recommend these services to entrepreneurs and future small business owners.
Elite Liason Consulting
Maximize your chances of securing funding
Hire a LivePlan business plan writer today
How the process works:
Research and discovery
We first gain an in-depth understanding of your business. Then, we begin market research and examine your growth drivers.
Once our research is complete, we'll write the body of your business plan and provide you with a draft to review.
We'll turn your financial assumptions into forecasts that include everything lenders and investors need to see.
Design and review
You'll get a polished business plan with a design that matches your brand. You can then print the plan or share it online with a unique and private link.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form below to connect with a liveplan team member, your request has been received..
A LivePlan business plan writing expert will email your quote shortly.
Get a head start today:
My plan writer was responsive, and understood my vision from our first communication. I now have a living document that I can use and manipulate as needed going forward.
TimeOut Sports Bar & Grill
Frequently Asked Questions
Business plan writing help and services for hire, will you review my plan and make changes.
Our review-only service just includes feedback, but if you decide you'd like to engage in our full plan writing service after participating in a review, we'll give you a discount.
What if I already started writing my plan?
If you have a partially completed plan, we can work with that. In fact, it helps the plan writing process go faster because we'll have to ask fewer questions, but you'll want to choose the full business plan writing service.
Do you do market research? What does that include?
Yes, we do market research. We have access to industry reports for most industries and we will use them to lend more credibility to your plan and validate the assumptions we are making in your financials.
What is included with the full plan writing service?
When it's all said and done, you'll have a full, lender or investor ready business plan, a one page pitch, and a free year of LivePlan so you can make changes to your plan as well as use our cash flow and business management tools to stay on track.
Can you guarantee that my business will get funded?
There are a lot of factors that go into the decision making process for lending that are beyond our control, like your personal credit. What we can say is that it is very difficult to get funding without a solid business plan and we make solid business plans.
Will you share my information?
We take your privacy very seriously and will not share your information.
How long will it take to finish my plan? / Do you offer an expedited service?
The average business plan completes in 3-6 weeks, depending on your responsiveness to your writer and our work load. We offer expedited services if you are in a rush.
Yes, we can deliver an expedited plan in as little as two weeks for an additional $1,000.
Does my business plan include financials?
What formats do you deliver in.
We deliver in PDF format, Word and we also give you access to edit your plan in a free LivePlan account.
How many pages is the average business plan?
We subscribe to the lean business planning method so we try to keep your plan short and to the point. Depending on the complexity of your business, your finished plan can end up being anywhere from 25-50 pages.
Pricing and Options
How much does this service cost.
The full plan writing service cost can vary depending on your needs. Book a call with us to request a quote. We also offer a lower cost business plan review service and a forecasting service.
Do you offer a la carte services?
We offer a review service (feedback only, no edits), forecast only service or full business plan writing service. If you have a partially completed plan, we can work with that, but you'll want to choose the full business plan writing service.
Do you offer a review service?
Yes. One of our business planning experts can review your plan and financials line by line and give you critical and constructive feedback to help improve your plan and increase your confidence when it comes time to deliver.
Do you offer an expedited service?
What if i don't like my plan.
You'll have the opportunity to review and leave feedback after each draft. We recommend taking the time to be thorough and thoughtful in your feedback as that is your chance to help mold your plan into something that really resonates with you.
Expert Plan Writers and Consultants
Who writes my business plan.
You will be paired with one dedicated individual from our small team of highly trained and experienced business planning professionals. Each one is a uniquely qualified business planning expert who can translate your ideas into a business plan that will appeal to your audience.
Is my plan writer an expert in my industry?
Our business plan writers are experts specifically in business plan writing. We've worked with every industry imaginable so the likelihood that they have some familiarity with your industry is high, but if you are looking for a business consultant this may not be a good fit.
What kind of background will my writer have? Are they outsourced from other countries? Have they been writing business plans for very long?
We are a small team of well educated business planning experts. Each writer's background varies but they all have financial or business education as well as years, small business management or consulting and business plan writing experience. They are all well vetted and really good at what they do, which is write plans that help you get funded.
Small Business Definitions
What is a business plan.
In its simplest form, a business plan is a guide—a roadmap for your business that outlines goals and details how you plan to achieve those goals. At its heart, a business plan is just a plan for how your business is going to work, and how you're going to make it succeed. Read our full article on "What is a business plan" here.
What is in a business plan?
The executive summary is an overview of your business and your plans. It comes first in your plan and is ideally only one to two pages. Most people write it last, though.
The opportunity section answers these questions: What are you actually selling and how are you solving a problem (or "need") for your market? Who is your target market and competition?
In the execution chapter of your business plan, you'll answer the question: how are you going to take your opportunity and turn it into a business? This section will cover your marketing and sales plan, operations, and your milestones and metrics for success.
Investors look for great teams in addition to great ideas. Use the company and management chapter to describe your current team and who you need to hire. You will also provide a quick overview of your legal structure, location, and history if you're already up and running.
Your business plan isn't complete without a financial forecast . We'll tell you what to include in your financial plan, but you'll definitely want to start with a sales forecast, cash flow statement, income statement (also called profit and loss), and your balance sheet.
If you need more space for product images or additional information, use the appendix for those details.
Read our full article "How to Write a Business Plan — the Comprehensive Guide" for more information, here.
Why is a business plan important?
There are many reasons why it is important to have a business plan. A business plan is essential if you're seeking a loan or investment, can help you make big spending decisions with confidence and is a solid foundation for ongoing strategic planning and prioritization. Read our full article on "8 Reasons Having a Business Plan is Important" here.
What is a business plan writer/consultant?
A business plan writer/consultant is a business and financial expert who can help guide you through the process of creating a business plan and do much of the labor involved in creating it. They will work with you to understand your business model, do market research, create financial projections and offer guidance as all of those pieces are brought together in a full business plan document.
How to pick a business plan writer/consultant?
Picking a business plan writer or business plan consultant is an important decision — you'll want to find someone dedicated to your success, with experience in your industry or field and that is in it for the long haul. Read our full article on "Things to Look for When Hiring a Business Plan Writer" here.
Why should you pay someone to write your business plan?
You don't have time. Starting a business is time consuming. Oftentimes people have to juggle a regular 9-5 job while working on starting their business. That doesn't leave a lot of time for a big writing project. Hiring a professional to write your business plan can help you give you time to focus on the tasks that are critical to getting your business off the ground.
You want to make sure it is done right, the first time. You only get one chance to make a first impression. Hiring a professional to write your plan for you can give you the peace of mind that your plan is the best it can be when you present it to potential lenders or investors.
Starting a Business | Buyer's Guide
6 Best Business Plan Writing Services
Published October 21, 2020
Published Oct 21, 2020
WRITTEN BY: Blake Stockton
This article is part of a larger series on Starting a Business .
A well-written, well-researched business plan is vital to the success of a new business or venture. It can attract investors and help you get a bank loan. Not every businessperson has the time or expertise to craft a winning business plan. Fortunately, there are companies with decades of experience that will assist. We evaluated several and found the six below to be the best business plan writing services available.
Top 6 Business Plan Writing Services
How we evaluated business plan writing services.
All the business plan writing services we evaluated had MBA writers and years of experience in many industries. To distinguish the best, we examined the following:
- Price: Most do not list prices, although customer quotes put many of them in the $3,000 range.
- Expertise: We considered years in service, qualifications of the writing and management teams, and industries served.
- Types of Business Plans: Some companies focus only on plans for funding or strategic planning. Others offered more specific plans like visa business plans. Still, others narrowed their focus more tightly. Some also offer pitch decks and presentation-ready formats.
- Turnaround Time: The average business plan turnaround time was two weeks, with additional time for revisions. Always ask about how much time you get for revisions and if there are additional costs involved.
- Additional Services: Several of these companies offer additional services to help you succeed. If you are considering mentorship or know you’ll need some assessment, having one of these companies build your plan could give you a head start in building a relationship.
Bargain Business Plan: Best Overall Business Plan Writing Service
Bargain Business Plan is one of the least expensive business plan services we reviewed. Still, it offers experienced writers and a wide range of plans that includes immigration and visa plans. Overall, it has excellent reviews from customers. You can view samples of their well-designed plans. It’s the only service that provides flat-rate pricing as well.
Visit Bargain Business Plan
Bargain Business Plan Pricing
- Bargain: $1,599. For startup businesses with simple business models looking to apply for small business loans or seeking a blueprint for development
- Economical: $1,999. For startup and existing businesses with a more complex operation, such as restaurants and child care centers
- Optimum: $2,799. For businesses seeking government grants, investments from venture capitalists, and funding through the SBA’s CDC/504 Loan Program
- L-1 Visa: $1,999
- E-2 Visa: $2,199
- EB-5 Visa: $3,499
- Consultations: Free
Bargain Business Plan Services
- Detailed Business Plans: All plans include custom written business plans with market analysis, financial projections, and marketing plans. Higher-level plans offer more details, and each plan is designed for its specific purpose. For example, SBA loan versus visa.
- Quick Turnaround: Drafts are done in seven to 10 days, with 14 days of unlimited revisions.
- Experience: Bargain Business Plan has served 900 industries over the past 12 years and has worked with 500 partners and 10,000 customers. For immigration business plans, they work with immigration experts across the country. User reviews praise their expertise and attention to detail as well as share successes.
Why We Like Bargain Business Plan
Startups don’t always have a big budget for business plans, but it can be a key document for achieving success. Bargain Business Plan offers custom, well-researched, and beautifully designed business plans at excellent prices. The willingness to revise is a big plus as well.
Optimal Thinking: Best Plan Writing Service for Startup and Growing Companies
Optimal Thinking says it best works on business plans for “early stage and existing businesses expanding organically or via acquisition.” It claims a 92% success rate with its business proposals. In addition, it offers other programs to help businesses succeed.
Visit Optimal Thinking
Optimal Thinking Pricing
Varies anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000, depending on plan and scope. Call for a quote.
Optimal Thinking Services
- Expertise: Optimal Thinking has team members who are senior business executives, MBA writers, and industry experts in financing, operating, and marketing companies of all sizes. It also has 27 years’ experience in writing business plans.
- Plans address potential roadblocks: Optimal Thinking helps ensure success by anticipating potential business challenges, such as restrictive government regulations, economic issues, or market industry changes. Then, it includes ways to work around or through these issues.
- Additional Programs: The company offers mentorship, employee motivation programs, and business assessments of communications, resources, opportunities, and more.
Why We Like Optimal Thinking
Optimal Thinking works with large companies such as Red Bull and Warner Brothers. Its writers have extensive experience in financials and business. Applying that knowledge to a business plan, even for a startup, means you will get not only a well-written and well-researched plan but also one that is informed by their years of expertise. This is also a company you can build a relationship with—get coaching and assistance in other areas of your business.
Wise Business Plans: Best Business Plan Writing Service for Specialized Plans
Wise Business Plans has one of the widest varieties of plans of the providers we reviewed. Its business plans are well-researched and thought out, as well as beautifully designed. It works to make sure your ideas and the plan are sound and offer additional services to help you with execution, including funding referrals.
Visit Wise Business Plans
Wise Business Plans Pricing
Pricing varies, though users have quoted prices around $3,000. To get a specific quote, call for a consultation. After the first revision, Wise Business Plans charges $199 per revision.
Wise Business Plans Services
- Investor Business Plan
- Bank Business Plan
- Strategic Business Plan
- Nonprofit Business Plan
- Franchise Business Plan
- L-1 Business Plan
- E-2 Business Plan
- EB-5 Business Plan
- EB-5 Regional Centers
- Merger And Acquisition Business Plan (M&A)
- Private Placement Memorandums (PPM)
It also offers professional feasibility studies, PowerPoint presentations, pitch decks, and straight market research.
- Bookkeeping Services
- Graphic Design Services
- Logo Design
- Flyer and Brochure Design Services
- Business Printing Services
- Concierge Services
- Business Consulting Services for Startup Company
- Website Design
- Business E-books Resources
- Small Business Marketing Services
- Experience: Wise Business Plans hires MBA writers, financial and market analysts, and graphics designers. The company has done thousands of business plans in over 400 industries.
Why We Like Wise Business Plans
Wise Business Plans has a reputation for doing more than creating a plan for you. It challenges you to make sure your assumptions and ideas are the best they can be. Reviewers on its Facebook page praise the quality of the final product, noting especially the graphics.
Pro Business Plans: Best Business Plan Writing Service for Startups & Canadian Visas
Pro Business Plans gets props for the focus of its plans. While all the services we reviewed will build custom business plans, Pro Business Plans is one of the few that has plans that specifically focus on specific issues. It also has industry experts in finance/accounting and immigration.
Visit Pro Business Plans
Pro Business Plans Pricing
Pricing varies—call for a consultation.
Pro Business Plans Services
- Focus: Pro Business Plans offers the usual range of business plans: SBA/bank, investment, L-1, E-2, EB-5. However, it also has plans specifically for nonprofits, startups, and the Canadian visa (PNP) program. It also has a pure market analysis product if your goal is to understand your industry before launching your business or expanding into a new area.
- Experience: Many Pro Business Plans team members come from major accounting firms or have extensive experience working in venture investment capital. The company has served over 900 industries and has over 500 partners, including contacts in the visa application process.
- Fast Turnaround: You can get your business plan drafted in four to seven calendar days, with seven days of close collaboration to get all the details polished.
Why We Like Pro Business Plans
In addition to the variety of plans and experience of the writers, what impressed us about Pro Business Plans was that users said they often went beyond simply writing the plan, providing advice and coaching during the process. Other reviews praised its market and financial research.
Go Business Plans: Best Business Plan Writing Service for Visa Business Plans
While Go Business Plans can work with any industry, its business consultants have had notable success with E-2, EB-5, and L-1 visa business plans. It can create business plans for investors, Small Business Administration (SBA) loans, and strategic and internal planning.
Visit Go Business Plans
Go Business Plans Pricing
Go Business Plans does custom pricing within the range of $2,000 to $10,000.
Go Business Plans Services
- Customized templates: The writers create custom plans. First, they schedule a one-hour interview with you for the basics, then conduct market research, financial analysis, and company and industry analysis, and compare you to the competition. They work with you to ensure it meets your expectations as well as SBA standards.
- Advice and Assistance: Go Business Plans brainstorms and researches business strategies to advise you and can help with creating a website, generating leads, implementing marketing, and other services.
- Immigration/Visa Business Plans: Go Business Plans has helped entrepreneurs from over 100 countries get their visas. It has drafted plans for 300 lawyers and over 1200 applicants. It works directly with your lawyer to make sure the plan and the legal applications are consistent as well.
- Extensive market research: The business consultants have access to over 15 market research databases, including some of the top-tier ones like IBISWorld, Euromonitor, Hoovers, Mintel, Statista, Freedonia, Frost & Sullivan, Forrester, and First Research.
Why We Like Go Business Plans
This business plan writing service offers expertise at competitive prices, and according to past customers, is willing to go the extra mile to help ensure success. Many customers of its business plans went on to use its other services such as website development.
LivePlan: Best Business Plan Writing Software for DIY
Rather than a consulting service that writes the plans for you, LivePlan is a software that helps you build a business plan. Plans start at $20 per month, and prices decrease if you purchase a six-month or annual plan. It offers additional tools to monitor your company’s progress, as well. This is the right choice for the entrepreneur on a budget or one who has done the research and needs a software to help them put it into an attractive format for presentation.
LivePlan has a pay-as-you-go system but discounts for multiple months. Your first month is only $10, and it offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- $20 per month, for monthly plans (First month $10)
- $18 per month for six months
- $15 per month for 12 months
- Ease of use: Start by filling out the questionnaire and follow the instructions to create a basic plan. The software creates the financial tables, charts, and reports. Choose from 10 themes to create a professional-looking report that is SBA-approved.
- Integrations: Sync to your QuickBooks or Xero to create reports or update sections. Export plans to Word or PDF, or put it in PowerPoint to make a slideshow presentation.
- Tools that go beyond the business plan: LivePlan offers real-time performance dashboards to track budgets and goals. Benchmark data shows you how you are faring compared to others in your industry or location. Create and track milestones for measuring your progress as you grow.
- Help features and examples: If you are blocked or unsure how to create a part of your plan, you can access over 500 examples in all types of industries and watch expert tutorials. Have a problem with the software? Reach support by phone, email, or chat.
Why We Like LivePlan
LivePlan offers an economical way for businesses that are comfortable with their data to create professional business plans for investors or banks. Additionally, it lets you create as many as you wish, so you can customize your plans for your audience or need or update them as your company grows. With budgeting and forecasting tools, it also helps you execute your business plan so your company can succeed.
Other Business Plan Writing Services Worth Considering:
- Cayenne Consulting: Cayenne provides a highly qualified team of writers and has experience not only in business plan writing but also in other investment materials and private placements. It’s a good service for those looking for funding.
- Growthink: This company has highly qualified and educated writers with extensive international experience. It is good for international businesses and business plans for strategic planning and mergers or acquisitions.
- Masterplans: This company is more expensive than most on our list (prices ranging from $10,000 to $49,999) but is a highly reputable company that has created over 18,000 business plans for SMBs to multimillion-dollar investment projects.
- Way2markit: This company provides business plans for investing, franchises, nonprofits, banks/SBA loans, and more. It also provides other business services from idea development to website design.
- Freelance: You can find qualified business plan writers on freelance sites like Upwork. They may be less expensive. Before hiring anyone, be sure to check their qualifications and portfolio.
Business plans are not cheap to create, but they can pay off by getting additional investment, secured loans, visas, or a clear direction for your company’s growth. For research purposes, be sure to know which type of business plan is right for your company. Each of the six business plan writing services reviewed offers decades of experience, high-quality reports, and reasonable prices.
Learn more about How to Start a Business in our complete guide.
About the Author
Find Blake On LinkedIn Twitter
Blake Stockton is a staff writer at Fit Small Business focusing on how to start brick-and-mortar and online businesses. He is a frequent guest lecturer at several undergraduate business and MBA classes at University of North Florida . Prior to joining Fit Small Business, Blake consulted with over 700 small biz owners and assisted with starting and growing their businesses.
By downloading, you’ll automatically subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Was this article helpful?
Join Fit Small Business
Sign up to receive more well-researched small business articles and topics in your inbox, personalized for you. Select the newsletters you’re interested in below.
Hire the Top 3% of Freelance Business Plan Writers
Toptal is a marketplace for top professional Business Plan Writers. Top companies and startups hire Business Plan Writing freelancers from Toptal for their mission-critical projects.
No-Risk Trial, Pay Only If Satisfied.
Trusted by leading brands and startups
Watch the case study
Hire Freelance Business Plan Writers
Freelance Business Plan Writer
Tanya is a finance expert serving investors and entrepreneurs in M&A, fundraising, buy and build, growth strategies, creating financial transparency, and defining business optimization potentials. She's executed €50 million in debt, equity, and M&A transactions in PE/VC and headed finance at a shared mobility startup, preparing the company for the financing round. Tanya enjoys freelancing due to the opportunities to create value and get to know exciting people and businesses.
With 20 years of experience working with family offices, institutional and entrepreneurial private equity funds, and consulting Big Four accounting firms, Stephen brings unique insights into the variety of investor mindsets. He freelances to help startups and established investors determine ideal investment, asset management, and fundraising strategies. As a senior executive, he has advised on multi-billion mergers, equity raises exceeding $2 billion, and transactions totaling over $5 billion.
Grand Coast Capital Group, LLC
Nick is a CFA with a 28-year track record spanning 40+ countries in M&A, finance, strategy, and policy. He's supported executive decisions in 60 high-stake projects, including M&A transactions ($46 billion), radio-spectrum auctions and trades ($3.5 billion), public policy advocacy, government contract bids (worth $1 billion), go-to-market strategies, and raises for small caps and tech startups. Independent since 2001, Nick has enjoyed working in diverse markets, sectors, and cultures.
Invictus Strategy Associates
Dhruv has worked on successful fundraises and consulting projects worth over $1 billion, with a focus on energy, tech, food, and life science projects across Asia, the US, and Africa. He is a partner at a consulting firm and has more than a decade of experience in fundraising, startup consulting, process improvement, M&A, and project finance. With an MBA in finance, Dhruv enjoys the exposure and sheer variety of assignments that come with freelancing.
David is an M&A expert who has worked with the owners of 100+ businesses to raise capital, exit their investments at premium valuations, or execute successful acquisitions and IPOs. With 15+ years of experience, including six years at PwC, he has worked in many industries and extensively in the TMT and renewable energy sectors. David joined Toptal to advise clients on complex M&A and capital-raising transactions across the world.
Sandeep has analyzed 1,000+ corporates and closed debt, equity, and M&A transactions of over $15 billion as a finance professional. After working for 20+ years in top-tier banks like Barclays, HSBC, and Standard Chartered, he now advises growth companies, leveraging his expertise in modeling, fundamental analysis valuation, and fundraising. As a seasoned problem solver, Sandeep has worked as a fractional CFO for startups, advised on early-stage funding rounds, and designed pricing models.
Josh is an investment banker turned VC who lives in Denver, CO. At Morgan Stanley, he covered the world's top hedge funds and sold over $5 billion in IPOs for companies like Alibaba, LendingClub, GrubHub, and more. He also has experience in M&A, startup fundraising, and as a founder. Currently, Josh is one of the managing partners of Konvoy Ventures, a VC firm focused on esports and video gaming.
Konvoy Ventures (VC Firm)
Julio C. Ortiz
Julio has diversified experience as a finance VP for multinationals based in the US and Latin America in the financing, pharmaceutical, luxury goods, and personal care sectors and distribution channels, such as retail, wholesale, and travel retail. Julio's expertise includes financial planning and modeling, investment banking, commercial real estate, fundraising, business plan development, logistics, company valuation, and strategic and visionary leadership based on innovation and creativity.
Prime Wealth Development
A Wharton MBA graduate, Carlo has led transactions on $10 billion worth of LBO and growth capital deals. He's worked in investment banking, M&A (Deutsche Bank), management consulting (Bain & Company, Oliver Wyman), and corporate development (Lehman Brothers). Carlo leverages his skills in corporate finance, business strategy, and international business development to help companies scale and deliver value for their investors.
Wen helped a French multimillion-euro food startup build its equity story and manage potential acquirers (Danone). She has project experience with private equity funds, venture capital, and industrial groups in France, Belgium, China, Africa, and the US. She is skilled in financial analysis and modeling, investor deck, and market research. Wen freelances to help advise startups and corporates on business strategy, investor relations, and fundraising projects.
Bertrand is a 25-year finance veteran with a true 360 experience, honed as an investment banker, venture advisor, project developer, CFO, and expert witness consultant in international arbitrations. He has advised and partnered on over 100 transactions and investment initiatives totaling over $16 billion. Bertrand is a seasoned problem solver and decision-maker with expert facilitation skills. Bertrand advises on M&A, corporate development, venture growth, project development, and financing.
Sign up now to see more profiles.
98% of Toptal clients choose to hire our talent after a risk-free trial.
Total's screening and matching process ensures exceptional talent are matched to your precise needs.
Get Additional Expertise
Our clients frequently pair these additional services with our freelance Business Plan Writers.
... allows corporations to quickly assemble teams that have the right skills for specific projects.
Despite accelerating demand for coders, Toptal prides itself on almost Ivy League-level vetting.
Martin so far is a complete Rockstar. His first bit of work produced a tool for us to model and forecast our financials and is far and away worth every penny we paid and more. Just thought I’d share that with you. Pete Pellizzari, CEO Budder, Inc.
Erik has been an extremely valuable member of our team who has tremendous breath of experience with start ups in our lifecycle phase. What makes his contribution unique and highly effective is not only his excellent financial modeling skills and knowledge, but also the emotional intelligence with which he manages each relationship at Vault, understands our team dynamics, and helps us tackle start up challenges effectively. It is rare to find a part-time consultant who makes you feel like he/she is genuinely invested in the success of your company. Romy Parzick, COO Student Loan Benefits, Inc. dba Vault
Toptal has been an incredible key partner for Sidekick. As an early-stage start-up, we’ve leveraged both design and financial talent. The experience has been incredible, with those professionals bringing creativity, expertise, and advice to ensure Sidekick succeeds. My Toptal financial expert helped steer Sidekick’s business model, which resulted in an initial ROI of 650x! My experience with Toptal has given me great confidence in the future. Doug MacKay, Founder / CEO SideKick
Chris was great to work with and was always available on my schedule. His communication skills and personality were a 10/10. His outputs on the project were top notch and allowed us to develop more efficient forecasting and initiative prioritization frameworks. I would definitely use Chris again. Chris Pozek, CEO Veterans Rideshare
What really sets Toptal apart is the caliber of finance talent available in their network. I had a very specific and pressing need, and Toptal quickly matched me with the perfect person for the job. The expert produced a thoughtful and robust financial analysis that has ultimately allowed us to forecast and prioritize initiatives much more efficiently. Chris Pozek, CEO Veterans Rideshare
Scott had a lot of finance experience which he used to ask the right questions and help us do things more quickly than we would have done without him. The commission model is crucial to us being able to scale, he integrated seamlessly with our finance team and efficiently got us the outputs we needed. Naushad Parpia, Founder and CEO GSD
I was very impressed with the quality of finance talent in Toptal’s network. Our expert's experience was immediately evident through his insightful questions and the speed at which we could move. Toptal stayed on top of the process from making the match through to the successful completion of the project. I've already recommended Toptal Finance to my network. Naushad Parpia, Founder and CEO GSD
How to Hire Business Plan Writers through Toptal
Talk to one of our industry experts, work with hand-selected talent, the right fit, guaranteed, find experts with related skills.
Access a vast pool of skilled finance experts in our talent network and hire the top 3% within just 48 hours.
How are Toptal professional Business Plan Writers different?
At Toptal, we thoroughly screen our professional Business Plan Writers to ensure we only match you with talent of the highest caliber. Of the more than 200,000 people who apply to join the Toptal network each year, fewer than 3% make the cut. You’ll work with finance experts (never generalized recruiters or HR reps) to understand your goals, technical needs, and team dynamics. The end result: expert vetted talent from our network, custom matched to fit your business needs.
Can I hire Business Plan Writers in less than 48 hours through Toptal?
Depending on availability and how fast you can progress, you could start working with a Business Plan Writer within 48 hours of signing up.
What is the no-risk trial period for Toptal Business Plan Writers?
We make sure that each engagement between you and your Business Plan Writer begins with a trial period of up to two weeks. This means that you have time to confirm the engagement will be successful. If you’re completely satisfied with the results, we’ll bill you for the time and continue the engagement for as long as you’d like. If you’re not completely satisfied, you won’t be billed. From there, we can either part ways, or we can provide you with another expert who may be a better fit and with whom we will begin a second, no-risk trial.
Tap Into World-Class Talent
Trusted experts only.
All of our talent are seasoned experts who ramp up quickly, readily contribute as core team members, and work with you to minimize onboarding time.
The Right Fit
We have a knack for matching you with the right fit. Start working with your new hire on a no-risk trial period, paying only if satisfied.
Scale as Needed
Hire talent within 48 hours and scale your team up or down as needed, no strings attached.
We handle all aspects of billing, payments, and NDA’s. Let us take care of the overhead while you focus on building great products.
Choose the engagement type that suits your needs — hourly, part-time, or full-time — with the ability to change anytime.
Expert Talent Matching
Focus on your project and enjoy support from your dedicated account executive and expert talent matcher.
Featured Toptal Business Plan Writing Publications
Creating a Narrative from Numbers
The Undeniable Importance of a Business Plan
Business Plan Consultants: Who They Are And How they Create Value
Top Business Plan Writers are in High Demand.
- Website Planet
9 Best Business Plan Writers for Hire: Growth & Success in 2023
- 9 Best Business Plan Writers for Hire
1. Green_lama – Affordable Business Plan Template
2. Olayinka E. – Grant and Business Plan Writer Extraordinaire
3. David Bar – Professional Investor-Ready Business Planning
4. Heena D. – Business Plan Writer and Finance Expert
5. Aydin O. – Advisor and European Startup Expert
6. Saurav R. – Experienced Business Strategist and Operations Manager
7. Market Daisy – Digital Marketing & Growth Agency
- 8. Kulzinder K. – Versatile Business Plan Writer
- 9. Drsonyam: Popular Business Plan Template
- How To Hire a Business Plan Writer on Fiverr
- Head to Fiverr, and once you see the big search bar in the middle of the page, type in “business plan writer.”
- At this point, Fiverr will prompt you to create an account (if you don’t have one already). Continue with your email or connect via your Google, Apple, or Facebook account.
- If you need a business plan quickly or are on a strict budget, you can filter by budget and delivery time. To find the best freelancer for your needs, limit the results to sellers specializing in plans for specific business types – such as startups or nonprofits.
- When you find a promising gig, click on it to see more. Scroll beyond the quick introductory description to learn more about the freelancers and see examples of past business plans.
- Many business plan writers offer three-tiered gigs that give you some flexibility in terms of price and deliverables. Click the “ Compare Packages ” button to see which package suits you best.
- If you scroll further down, you’ll access the freelancer’s total review score and a couple of client comments about their skill, communication, and overall performance.
- On Fiverr, it’s common practice for clients to contact freelancers before placing an order. This is to ensure sellers understand the nature and scope of your project, which helps them deliver results without delay. Click the “ Contact Me ” button from the top of the profile page to open a chat window and discuss your business plan.
- When you’re sure about your choice, click “ Continue .” Add any extras (e.g., extra-fast delivery, pitch deck) and follow Fiverr’s instructions to complete your payment and set your project requirements.
- What To Look For in a Business Plan Writer
- Industry Expertise. A writer with specific knowledge of your industry can provide invaluable insights, tailor the plan accordingly, and foresee potential challenges or opportunities.
- Client Testimonials and Ratings. Reviews and ratings from past clients offer an unfiltered view into the writer’s capabilities, timeliness, and communication skills.
- Samples and Portfolio. Always check a freelancer’s previous work to get a better sense of their work process and depth of analysis.
- Cost and Turnaround Time. While quality is paramount, you must also consider your budget and timeframe. On Fiverr, it’s possible to get an affordable, high-quality, multi-year business plan delivered in less than 3 days.
- Adaptability. A good business plan writer should be able to adjust to new information, feedback, or changes in direction, ensuring that the final plan meets your evolving needs.
- Are You a Business Plan Writer Looking to Sell Your Services on Fiverr?
- Make it to Fiverr’s homepage. Click the “ Become a Seller” button on the navigation bar.
- Create a new account. You can sign up with your email or connect instantly via Google, Apple, or Facebook.
- Specify that you want to sell freelance services to bring up Fiverr’s quick setup guide. You’ll then choose an employment status (e.g., side hustler, solo freelancer, agency owner) and describe your freelancing experience. Click “ Finish ” to create your account.
- Follow Fiverr’s in-app guide to complete your profile. You’ll get some tips on how to succeed on the platform, and you’ll have to fill out yet another brief form. For more tips and tricks, check out our Fiverr seller guide .
- Set up your first gig when prompted. Make sure to include a captivating thumbnail, and don’t forget to include images of previous business plans you’ve worked on in the past. Hit “ Publish ” and wait for your first order!
- Fiverr and Upwork Are the Best for Hiring Business Plan Writers
How much does it cost to have someone write a business plan?
Who is the best person to write your business plan, how many hours does it take to write a business plan, what skills do business plan writers need.
- 1. Green_lama - Affordable Business Plan Template
- 2. Olayinka E. - Grant and Business Plan Writer Extraordinaire
- 3. David Bar - Professional Investor-Ready Business Planning
- 4. Heena D. - Business Plan Writer and Finance Expert
- 5. Aydin O. - Advisor and European Startup Expert
- 6. Saurav R. - Experienced Business Strategist and Operations Manager
- 7. Market Daisy - Digital Marketing & Growth Agency
We check all comments within 48 hours to make sure they're from real users like you. In the meantime, you can share your comment with others to let more people know what you think.
Once a month you will receive interesting, insightful tips, tricks, and advice to improve your website performance and reach your digital marketing goals!
So happy you liked it !
Share it with your friends!
Get the Help You Need for Only $5!
Find the perfect freelancer for your project
- Customer Reviews
- Net 30 Account
- Wise Services
- Steps & Timeline
- Work at a Glance
- Market Research at a Glance
- Business Plan Writing Services
- Bank Business Plan
- Investor Business Plan
- Franchise Business Plan
- Cannabis Business Plan
- Strategic Business Plan
- Corporate Business Plan
- Merge and Acquisition Business Plan (M&A)
- Private Placement Memorandums (PPM)
- Sample Business Plans
- Professional Feasibility Study
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Pitch Deck Presentation Services
- Business Plan Printing
- Market Research
- L-1 Business Plan
- E-2 Business Plan
- EB-5 Business Plan
- EB-5 Regional Centers
- Immigration Attorneys
- Nonprofit Business Plan
- Exit Business Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Formation
- Business License
- Business Website
- Business Branding
- Business Bank Account
- Digital Marketing
- Business Funding Resources
- Small Business Loans
- Venture Capital
- Net 30 Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
- Business Credit Cards
- Talk to Us 1-800-496-1056
Expert Business Plan Writer
Get the business plan you need to succeed with our professional business plan writing services.
Talk to Expert
Professional Business Plan Writer at Your Service
We are WiseBusinessPlans, a specialized and trusted business plan writing service company since 2010. Our expert MBA business plan team crafts tailored plans for startups, small businesses, non-profits, and larger enterprises in various industries, including those seeking investor funding. With 13+ years of experience, we’ve helped businesses secure over $1 billion in funding, written 15,000+ business plans, and provided 100,000+ hours of business consultation. Our success reflects our commitment to delivering results and fostering business growth.
Our seasoned and proficient business plan writers specialize in creating bespoke plans for a diverse range of sectors, including startups seeking investor funding, retail businesses, eCommerce ventures, restaurants, and various other thriving industries. With over 13 years of hands-on experience and expertise in market research, financial projections, and strategic planning , we possess the knowledge and skills to craft plans that cater to the unique needs and goals of each client
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
- Get custom business plan by experts in just 14 days
- Get your business plan printed for physical presentation
- Industry-specific knowledge and experience
- Market research, financial projections, marketing strategies
- Unlimited revisions and consultations
- Satisfied clients from startups to large corporations
- Quality format, presentation, and pitch deck
Our Sample Business Plans
What Our Clients Say
Our business plan includes:, executive summary, marketing strategy, competitive advantages, management & personnel, investment analysis, product & service description, company overview, use of funds, swot analysis, barriers to entry, branding & marketing, pro-forma financials, how do our business plan writing process work.
Schedule initial consultation to discuss needs, goals, and preferences.
Business concept, Target market, Resources, & Requirements.
Include Scope, Deliverables, Timeline & Pricing. Sign agreement.
Industry Trends, Regulations, Competition & Preferences.
Conduct research, analyze data, identify the market & evaluate the competition.
Objectives, Market analysis, Strategy, branding, Financials & exit plan.
Our Writers Review and revise the draft plan based on client feedback.
In the end, our writers deliver finalized plan in the agreed format (digital/print).
Need a Business Plan? We Can Help
We are a team of professional business plan writers with over 13 years of experience. We write customized business plans for any industry and purpose. Whether you need a business plan for a startup, a franchise, a non-profit, or an immigration visa, we can help you achieve your goals.
Our Recent Clients
Wise’s mission is to help inspiring entrepreneurs and leaders Plan, Build and Fund their business vision.
Our MBA writers are the best in the industry. Each Professional Business plan writer has extensive experience writing custom business plans in various business industries. We have compiled research in more than 400 industries globally.
Our clients have raised billions in funding through banks (debt financing) and investors (debt/equity financing). Our experienced team can provide valuable insight.
What do The UPS Stores, LegalZoom and other leading corporations have in common? They trust their clients to Wisebusinessplans ! Thousands of satisfied customers and + “5-star reviews” written by our previous clients.
Wisebusinessplans is a top business plan writing service that helps entrepreneurs and business owners create professional and customized business plans. We have expert writers with industry knowledge and experience. We offer various services, such as market research, financial projections, SWOT analysis, marketing strategies, operational plans, and executive summaries. We work with the clients to understand their needs and goals. We deliver high-quality and attractive business plans with presentation and pitch decks. We ensure confidentiality, security, and satisfaction.
Wisebusinessplans charges different prices for different types of business plans, depending on the complexity and scope of the project. The prices range from $1,650 for a bank-ready business plan to $5,000 for an investor-grade business plan. The prices include market research, financial projections, content writing, editing, formatting, design, presentation, pitch deck, and unlimited revisions. The prices do not include any additional fees or taxes.
Wisebusinessplans has a fast and efficient process for completing a business plan. The process consists of four steps: discovery call, first draft delivery, revision process, and final delivery. The discovery call is a 30-minute phone call where the writer gathers information about the client’s business idea, goals, expectations, and preferences. The first draft delivery is within 10 to 14 business days after the discovery call. The revision process is where the client reviews the first draft and provides feedback or requests changes. The writer makes the necessary revisions and sends the second draft within 7 to 10 business days after receiving the feedback. The final delivery is where the client approves the second draft and receives the final version of the business plan in PDF format along with the presentation and pitch deck in PowerPoint format
Wisebusinessplans has several ways for clients to contact them. We have a toll-free phone number (1-800-496-1056) that is available from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST. We also have an email address ( [email protected] ) that is available 24/7.
MBA education: Wise Business Plans writers have MBA degrees from reputable universities and colleges. We have studied various aspects of business administration, such as accounting, finance, marketing, management, strategy, and entrepreneurship. We have also developed analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills that are essential for writing effective business plans.
If you’re asking whether a business plan writer will review your plan and make changes, the answer is yes. We will create a specific business plan for your particular industry and make sure it is prepared to satisfy lender requirements.
We can work with a partially finished plan that you have. In reality, it speeds up the plan writing process because there will be less questions to answer.
By the end of the service, you will have a comprehensive business plan that is ready for presentation to a lender or investor. Additionally, you will receive a one-page pitch and a year of free access to Wisebusinessplans, which allows you to make modifications to your plan and use helpful tools for managing cash flow and business operations.
While there are factors that are beyond our control, such as personal credit, we can confidently say that having a solid business plan is crucial for securing funding. We specialize in crafting strong business plans and believe that this greatly increases the chances of receiving funding, however, guaranteeing funding is not within our power.
Yes, we take your privacy very seriously and guarantee that your information will not be shared.1
We offer PDF and Word formats, as well as the option to edit your plan through a complimentary Wisebusinessplans account.
Our approach to business planning is focused on being succinct and concise. We follow the lean business planning method, so the length of your plan will depend on the intricacy of your business. Typically, the finished plan ranges from 25-50 pages.
In case you are not satisfied with your plan, you can review it and provide feedback after each draft. We suggest that you take your time and give careful consideration to your feedback as it is your chance to shape your plan into something that truly speaks to you.
You will work closely with a dedicated individual from our team of highly skilled and experienced business planning professionals. Each team member is a qualified expert in business planning and will be able to effectively translate your ideas into a compelling business plan that resonates with your target audience.
Yes, our expedited service can deliver the plan in just two weeks for an additional cost of $1,000.
Yes, we provide three distinct services: a review service (providing feedback only without making any changes), a forecast only service, and a complete business plan writing service. If you have a partially completed plan, we can collaborate with you on that, but we suggest opting for the full business plan writing service.
Our team of business plan writers are specialized in crafting top-tier business plans. They have experience working with a diverse range of industries, making it highly probable that they have some familiarity with your specific industry. However, if you are in need of a business consultant, this may not be the best fit for you.
Get Business planning and writing consultation
Or call us today at.
- Investor Business Plans
- M&A Business Plan
- Private Placement
- Feasibility Study
- Hire a Business Plan Writer
- Business Valuation Calculator
- Business Plan Examples
- Real Estate Business Plan
- Business Plan Template
- Business Plan Pricing Guide
- Business Plan Makeover
- SBA Loans, Bank Funding & Business Credit
- Finding & Qualifying for Business Grants
- Leadership for the New Manager
- Content Marketing for Beginners
- All About Crowdfunding
- A Comprehensive Guide to Venture Capitalists
- EB-5 Regional Centers, A Step-By-Step Guide
- Logo Designer
- Landing Page
- PPC Advertising
- Business Entity
- Business Licensing
- Virtual Assistant
- Business Phone
- Business Address
- E-1 Visa Business Plan
- EB1-A Visa Business Plan
- EB1-C Visa Business Plan
- EB2-NIW Business Plan
- H1B Visa Business Plan
- O1 Visa Business Plan
- Business Brokers
- Merger & Acquisition Advisors
Proud Sponsor of
- (613) 800-0227
- +44 (1549) 409190
- +61 (2) 72510077
Expert Business Plan Writers
For over 20 years, Growthink has been the nation’s leading business plan writing company.
Looking for a Business Plan Writer?
You’ve come to the right place! Since Growthink was founded in 1999, we have provided business plan writing services for thousands of clients including startups, small business owners, nonprofit organizations and mid to large-sized companies.
We understand that writing a business plan can be a time-consuming process for many entrepreneurs. Hiring a business plan writer will allow you to quickly and expertly create a custom business plan.
Expert Team of Business Plan Writers
Fully Customized Business Plans
Market & Competitor Research
Complete Financial Projections
Strategic Consulting For Growth & Funding
Get Started Now!
Call us at (800) 216-3710 or complete the form below and one of our business plan writers will reach out to you to schedule a time to speak about your business plan needs.
Business Plan Writing Clients
What is a Business Plan Writer?
A professional business plan writing service will understand the importance of market research, strategy, financial modeling, and business writing. They can offer guidance to business owners on how these aspects should be incorporated into a business plan that will be well received by investors.
The best business plan writer acts as a guide throughout the business planning process, helping large and small business owners tailor their business plans to the needs of a potential investor.
Business Plan Writer Qualifications
There are business plan writers with different qualifications, so entrepreneurs should consider the following factors when choosing a business plan writing service:
- Experience: What is the business plan writer’s level of experience in business planning, market research, and developing a financial plan with projections? You want a writer with a strong background in each critical area of business plan writing.
- Education: A business plan writer with a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration or related field is preferred.
- Reviews: Does the business plan expert have any reviews from previous clients?
Why Not Write Your Own Business Plan?
While some companies can develop business plans on their own, most do not have time for this. Moreover, many business owners do not have the proper business writing skills to help convince their intended audience. For these reasons, business owners should hire a business plan writer.
A professional business plan writer will:
- Conduct market research for you
- Work with you to create the best strategies to grow your business
- Create financial projections
- Write your plan geared to your audience. Your audience could range from yourself, your team, partners, banks, angel investors, venture capitalists, etc. In any of these cases, when hiring someone to write a business plan, make sure they have a working knowledge of the needs of your intended audience in order to write a plan that appeals to them.
When to Hire a Business Plan Writer
If you are lacking time, and don’t have significant expertise in the four areas listed above, consider hiring a business plan writer.
The top business plan writers:
- Have a long track record of success in and outside of your industry (outside of your industry is most important as that allows them to give you strategic ideas that have worked well in other markets that can apply to yours)
- Can conduct market research and subscribe to market research databases that give them access to expensive industry reports
- Know how to create sophisticated and valid financial projections
- Understand the wants and needs of lenders, investors, and other audiences so they can tailor the plan according
- Can create a fully customized pitch deck to help you present your business plan to potential investors and lenders
Need Assistance Writing Your Business Plan?
Complete the form, or call us at:
What our clients say.
Business Plan Writers FAQs
Who writes business plans.
You can hire a quality business plan writer. The best business plan writers will have a degree in business administration, a long track record of success writing business plans inside and outside your industry, and reviews from previous clients. Business owners who want to work with someone to write a business plan should consider whether they lack time, expertise in the four areas listed above, or both. Business plan writers for hire don't need to know everything about your business but should be able to conduct market research and create a sophisticated financial plan as well as know the wants of lenders, investors, and other audiences so that they can tailor the plan accordingly.
Do business plan writers work with you on all business aspects, such as marketing and expansion plans?
Yes. A n experienced business plan writer will work with you on all aspects of your business such as marketing, expansion, and even exit strategy plans, but it also depends on the business owner's budget and needs. Please consult with a business plan writer to discuss the specific needs of your business.
How do business plan writers ensure they are meeting your needs?
They are masters of business planning and will work with you on all aspects of business, but it also depends on your business needs. For more information, please consult a business plan writer.
Why can't I just take the free business planning course online or read a book about it to write my own business plan?
Chances are, you don't have the expertise in all four business areas. For instance, you may have extensive experience in marketing, but less of an expert in finance or business strategy. By hiring a business plan writer, you can focus on what you do best while someone else takes on what they do best. This will save time and money for both parties involved while ensuring that everything is handled to make your business a success.
What are the 4 aspects of creating a great business plan?
A good business plan requires the following 4 strategic planning processes:
You need to conduct considerable research in the following areas:
- Customer Research : learning about who your target customers are and their wants and needs
- Industry Research : identifying the size of your market and trends affecting it
- Competitive Research : figuring out your direct and indirect competitors and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Financial Research : in-depth understanding of realistic growth rates and costs (salaries, etc.) so a realistic financial model can be created
Armed with the market analysis, you need to create the optimal growth strategies for your company . For example, if you identified an unmet customer need in your research, you should create strategies to capitalize on this opportunity.
Your financial modeling is perhaps the most important part of your plan. This section includes a projected income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet. Poorly reasoned financial models will dissuade most investors. Worse yet, if your financial forecasting calls for too much or too little funding, it will cost you dearly.
Business Plan Writing
The fourth aspect of a solid business plan is writing. While it’s important to be a good business writer, even more important is to understand the needs of the audience. For example, the world’s best writer probably hasn’t spent much time with venture capital firms . As a result, they have no idea what this audience wants, and would probably fail to write a professional plan that appealed to them.
The fully customized business plan should also include the following essential elements:
- Executive Summary
- Company Overview
- Industry Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Marketing Plan
- Operations Plan
- Management Team
- Financial Plan
- Financial Statements
- Market Analysis
- Free Financial Tools
- Free Business Research
- Partner Websites
Hire The Top Rated Business Plan Writer From $1,900
I need a custom Business Plan for: Select an option below Bank/SBA/Grant Business Plan Investor/Venture Capital Business Plan Visa (E2/EB5/L1)/Specialty Business Plan Other (Internal/Landlord/Franchise)
Business plans are complicated. We make it easy.
Stand out from the crowd. Precise, well-researched, and expertly forecasted business plan writing. Our Business Plan Consultants build Bank, SBA, Investor, Visa or Grant plans all benefit from the level of detail and insight we’ve gained from working with thousands of customers. Whether you’re looking for a bank loan, investment, or Visa approval, our business plan consultants will custom write a plan specifically to your needs.
Our experience in crafting original business plans for everything from a food cart to a multinational manufacturer is put into every unique plan we write. Multiple design options and custom pitch decks will further set your plan apart. Give our Business Plan Consultant a call.
Custom Business Plan Writer
Click an icon for more information.
Other (Franchise/Landlord/Gov Contract)
Request a Quote & Sample
- Full Business Plan: Bank/SBA Level 2
- Full Business Plan: Investor Level 3
- Specialty Plan: Visa/Internal/Other
- Financials Only: Bank/SBA Level 2
- Financials Only: Investor Level 3
- Unsure or Want More Information
Tell our Business Plan Writers about your venture and needs. The more specific the better.
Now, we begin
After a 50% retainer is paid and both parties sign a non-disclosure agreement, our business plan consultants get to work.
Details, Details, Details
A thorough questionnaire ensures we have all your goals, business plans and specific requirements for the business plan consultants.
Make it pretty
Select from several free designs and color schemes to further customize your business plan writing.
A Business Plan Writer, Researcher and Financial Modeler build your business plan.
Polish to perfection
You get your plan (after the remaining 50% is paid) and have 30 days to request FREE changes to the document.
Hire The Top Rated Business Plan Writers
I need a custom Business Plan for: Select an option below Bank/SBA/Grant Business Plan Investor/Venture Capital Plan Visa(E2/EB5/L1)/Specialty Plan Other (Internal/Landlord/Franchise)
Tell us about your venture and needs. The more specific the better.
Contact a consultant at 1-800-984-7639
WHY CHOOSE OUR BUSINESS PLAN CONSULTANTS
15 Years in Business Butler Consultants has been building business plan for more than 15 years. All employees are U.S. based and we never outsource our business plan service overseas.
Best Financial Models in the Industry Butler Consultants offers top-quality business plans, but it’s our financial models that give us a huge advantage over the competition. Each financial model is custom-built in Excel by Butler Consultants’ founder and owner, Brian Butler.
12,000+ Business Plans Across The World Butler Consultants has worked on more than 12,000 custom business plans. You name it, we’ve done it. These plans range from a restaurant seeking $200,000 to a steel manufacturer seeking $500,000,000.
Free Design Upgrade Your business plan writing purchase will include a free design upgrade. Our Level 2 includes 6 different design choices, and the Level 3 includes 20 different designs from which to choose. There is no extra charge for this service.
Outstanding Reviews Online & BBB Butler Consultants has a perfect A+ rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Read our overwhelmingly positive reviews and know you can purchase a plan from us with confidence.
Click to see: BBB Reviews Google Reviews Customer Testimonials
Custom – Quality – Best Prices Butler Consultants never uses pre-written templates or business plan writing software. Every plan is tailored to your needs, location and business idea. We only provide the best quality research and custom projections. We have competitive prices by keeping our business costs to a minimum and passing the savings to you.
3 Consultants on Every Business Plan Every plan is created by 3 consultants: a Financial Modeler, a Business Plan Writer and a Market Research Expert. The Market Researcher will do all the market research and industry analysis for you and the Business Plan Writer will write your entire plan!
Package Contents Word document – The business plan service comes in an unlocked Word document.
Excel spreadsheet – Your financial projections are built in Excel and linked to the Word document. You have full control over any edits to the financial model.
30 days of revisions – Because of the high quality of our work, we get the first draft so close to perfect that most customers only use 1 revision.
Contact a business plan consultant at 1-800-984-7639
Level 2 – Business Plans for SBA, Bank or Grant Funding
Our Level 2 is perfect for businesses seeking bank loans , Small Business Association-backed loans , and grants . Plans have 25-35 pages of custom content , done by our Business Plan Writer that is designed to exceed the requirements and expectations of banks and the SBA . Each Level 2 business plan writing service includes a FREE design upgrade, so it looks great and matches your style. Level 2 business plan service is delivered to you electronically, in about 5 business days and include a free revision period.
Level 2 business plan writing generally include these main sections:
Cover Page Mission Statement Table of Contents Executive Summary Objectives Keys to Success Company Summary Company Location Company Ownership Pre-Operating Source and Use of Funds Products and Services Market Analysis Demographics Summary Industry Summary Marketing Strategy/Implementation SWOT Analysis Management Summary Financial Summary Revenue Forecast Personnel Forecast Income Statement Statement of Cash Flow Balance Sheet Break-Even Analysis Best & Worse Case Appendix – Year 1 Financials
Read More: Level 2 Business Plan For SBA and Banks
Level 3 – Business Plans for Investors & Venture Capitalists
From start to finish, our Level 3 business plans are designed to impress. They include 30-45 pages of in-depth, custom-built content to present to Venture Capitalists , Angel Investors or high capital loans. Level 3 business plans are delivered to you electronically, in about 7 business days, and you can choose from 20 different diverse document design options at no extra charge. We can also upgrade your presentation with a custom pitch deck, done by our Business Plan Consultants, for a small fee.
Level 3 business plan writing generally include these main sections:
Cover Page Mission Statement Vision Statement Table of Contents Executive Summary Objectives Keys to Success Investor Return & Exit Strategy Financial Overview Company Summary Company Location Company Ownership Pre-Operating Source and Use of Funds Market Needs & Value Proposition Products and Services Market Analysis Market Segmentation Competitive Landscape Demographic Summary Industry Summary Industry Analysis Marketing Strategy/Implementation Web Summary SWOT Analysis Milestones Management Summary Management Gaps Financial Summary Revenue Forecast Personnel Forecast Income Statement Statement of Cash Flow Balance Sheet Break-Even Analysis Best & Worse Case Appendix – Year 1 Financials
Read More: Level 3 Business Plan For Investors
Specialty Business Plan Writing Options
Use our professional business plan writing services to improve your chances of success when applying for a loan or pitching to investors. An experienced business plan writer can get your message across in a compelling and engaging manner. Take the complexity out of the process by relying on our experts.
Benefit from custom business plan writer; picking a professional to create a draft for you that communicates your intentions to your target audience. Have an expert business plan writer write your business plan and improve your chances when you customize the design of the plan before submitting to potential lenders or investors.
A few examples of specialty plans are:
Not for Profit Organizations Internal Use Document Planning Landlord and Tenant Rentals Business Acquisition Strategic Alliance Partnerships E2/EB5/L1 Immigration Visa Corporate Franchise Application Corporate Affiliate Application And More
Read More: Specialty Business Plans
Use our professional writing services to improve your chances of success when applying for a loan or pitching to investors. An experienced business plan writer can get your message across in a compelling and engaging manner. Take the complexity out of the process by relying on our experts.
Benefit from custom business plan writing services, picking a professional to create a draft for you that communicates your intentions to your target audience. Have an expert business plan consultant write your business plan and improve your chances when you customize the design of the plan before submitting to potential lenders or investors.
Butler Consultants is your one-stop shop for custom business plan writers. We work with clients from different industries, which gives us the experience and expertise to create well-researched business plans for you. Our Business Plans Writers are some of the best in the industry. We will provide you with Custom Business Plan Writing Services. Hire the best business plan writer. 800-984-7639
A Few Industries We Have Written For
You name it, we have done it for .
Accounting, Tax Prep, Bookkeeping, and Payroll Adhesive Manufacturing Advertising Agencies Aerospace Product and Parts Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting Airport Operations Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing Ambulance Services Amusement and Theme Parks Amusement Arcades Animal Food Manufacturing Animal Production and Aquaculture Animal Slaughtering and Processing Appliance Repair and Maintenance Architectural and Structural Metals Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services Art Dealers Asphalt Paving, Roofing, and Saturated Materials Assisted Living Facilities for the Elderly Automotive Body, Paint, Interior, and Glass Repair Automotive Oil Change and Lubrication Shops Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores Baked Goods Stores Bakeries and Tortilla Barber Shops Beauty Salons Bed & Breakfasts Bed-and-Breakfast Inns Beer, Wine, and Liquor Stores Biological Product (except Diagnostic) Book Stores Books Printing Bottled Water Bowling Centers Breweries Business and Secretarial Schools Business Associations Business Plan Consultants Business Plan Writers Cable and Other Subscription Programming Cafeterias, Grill Buffets, and Buffets Campground & RV Parks Cultivation Car Rental Car Washes Carpet and Rug Mills Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services Casinos Caterers Oil & Related Cement and Concrete Product Cemeteries and Crematories Charter Bus Industry Child and Youth Services Child Day Care Services Clothing Stores Coffee and Tea Coin-Operated Laundries and Drycleaners Collection Agencies Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools Commercial and Institutional Building Construction Commercial and Service Industry Machinery Commercial Banking Commercial Printing Commercial Screen Printing Commodity Contracts Dealing Computer/Office Machine Repair and Maintenance Computer Systems Design and Related Services Concert & Event Promotion Concrete Foundation and Structure Consumer Lending Convenience Stores Cosmetics, Beauty Supplies, and Perfume Stores Cosmetology and Barber Schools Couriers and Express Delivery Services Credit Bureaus Credit Card Issuing Credit Unions Crop Production Curtain and Linen Mills Cut and Sew Apparel Contractors Cutlery and Handtool Dairy Product Manufacturing Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services Day spa, cryotherapy, salt baths Dental Laboratories Department Stores Diagnostic Imaging Centers Diet and Weight Reducing Centers Direct Mail Advertising Dispensaries Distilleries Document Preparation Services Doll, Toy, and Game Domestic Airlines Drinking Places Drycleaning and Laundry Services Drywall and Insulation Contractors Electric Power Generation Electrical Contractors Electronic Auctions Electronic Shopping Electronics and Appliance Stores Elementary and Secondary Schools Employment Placement Agencies Engine, Turbine, and Power Transmission Executive Search Services Explosives Manufacturing Exterminating and Pest Control Services Fabric Mills Facilities Support Services Family Planning Centers Fertilizer Manufacturing
Fiber, Yarn, and Thread Mills Finish Carpentry Contractors Fish and Seafood Markets Fishing, Hunting and Trapping Fitness and Recreational Sports Centers Floor Covering Stores Flooring Contractors Florists Food Service Contractors Footwear Stores Forestry and Logging Forging and Stamping Foundation, Structure, and Building Contractors Foundries Framing Contractors Fruit and Vegetable Markets Fruit and Vegetable Preserving Fuel Dealers Full-Service Restaurants Funeral Homes and Funeral Services Furniture Stores Gasoline Stations General Automotive Repair General Freight Trucking General Medical and Surgical Hospitals General Rental Centers General Warehousing and Storage Gift, Novelty, and Souvenir Stores Glass and Glazing Contractors Golf Courses and Country Clubs Grain and Oilseed Milling Grantmaking and Giving Services Graphic Design Services Greeting Cards & Other Publishing Grocery Stores Hair, Nail, and Skin Care Services Hardware Stores Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction Hobby, Toy, and Game Stores Home and Garden Equipment Repair/Maintenance Home Centers Home Health Care Services Hosiery and Sock Mills Hotels and Motels Household Appliance Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers Industrial Building Construction Industrial Design Services Industrial Gas Industrial Machinery Insurance Agencies and Brokerages Insurance Carriers Interior Design Services Internet Publishing, Broadcasting and Web Search Investment Advice In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Janitorial Services Jewelry and Silverware Jewelry Stores Junior Colleges Land Subdivision Landscaping Services Leather and Hide Tanning and Finishing Lessors of Real Estate Libraries and Archives Limited-Service Restaurants Limousine Service Linen and Uniform Supply Local Messengers and Local Delivery Locksmiths Machine Shops Mail-Order Houses Management Consulting Services Manufactured (Mobile) Home Dealers Marinas Masonry Contractors Meat Markets Medical Equipment and Supplies Medical Laboratories Medicinal and Botanical Millwork Mining Mobile Food Services Motion Picture and Video Industries Motor Vehicle Motor Vehicle Towing Motorcycle, Boat, and Other Motor Vehicle Dealers Museums Music Publishers Musical Instrument and Supplies Stores Nail Salons Natural Gas Distribution Nature Parks and Other Similar Institutions New Car Dealers Newspaper, Periodical, Book, and Directory Publishers Nonscheduled Air Transportation Nursery, Garden Center, and Farm Supply Stores Nursing Care Facilities Ocean Transportation Office Administrative Services Office Furniture Office Supplies and Stationery Stores Offices of Chiropractors Offices of Dentists Offices of Lawyers Offices of Notaries Offices of Optometrists Offices of Physicians Offices of Podiatrists Offices of Real Estate Agents and Brokers Offices of Real Estate Appraisers Oil and Gas Extraction
Oilseed farming Optical Goods Stores Other Building Finishing Contractors Other Building Material Dealers Other Food Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction Other Snack Food Outdoor Advertising Outdoor Power Equipment Stores Paint and Coating Paint and Wallpaper Stores Painting and Wall Covering Contractors Paper Mills Parking Lots and Garages Passenger Car Rental Pet and Pet Supplies Stores Pet Care Services Petrochemical Petroleum Refineries Pharmaceutical and Medicine Pharmaceutical Preparation Pharmacies and Drug Stores Photographic Services Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil Plastics and Rubber Products Plastics Product Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Portfolio Management Printing Ink Professional and Management Training Professional Organizations Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Events Public Relations Agencies Pulp Mills Racetracks Radio and Television Broadcasting Radio Broadcasting Rail Transportation Real Estate Credit Recreational Vehicle Dealers Refrigerated Warehousing and Storage Religious Organizations Residential Building Construction Residential Remodelers Resin and Synthetic Rubber Roasted Nuts and Peanut Butter Roofing Contractors Rubber Product RV Parks/Campgrounds Satellite Systems Sawmills Sawmills and Wood Preservation Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation Scheduled Air Transportation Seafood Product Preparation and Packaging Seasoning and Dressing Securities Brokerage Security Guards and Patrol Services Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities Ship and Boat Building Shoe Stores Siding Contractors Site Preparation Contractors Skiing Facilities Snack and Nonalcoholic Beverage Bars Soap and Cleaning Compound Social Media Website Soft Drink Software Publishers Sound Recording Studios Special Needs Transportation Specialized Freight Trucking Spice and Extract Sporting and Athletic Goods Sporting Goods Stores Sports and Recreation Instruction Sports Teams and Clubs Stocks & Commodities Trading Structural Steel and Precast Concrete Sugar and Confectionery Product Support Activities for Agriculture and Forestry Taxi Service Technical and Trade Schools Telephone Answering Services Television Broadcasting Temporary Help Services Temporary Shelters Textile and Fabric Finishing Mills Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters Tile and Terrazzo Contractors Tire Dealers Tobacco Manufacturing Toilet Preparation Tour Operators Travel Agencies Urban Transit Systems Used Car Dealers Used Merchandise Stores Utility System Construction Vending Machine Operators Veneer, Plywood, and Engineered Wood Product Veterinary Services Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters Waste Collection Water Transportation Water, Sewage and Other Systems Wheat, Barley, & Sorghum Farming Wineries Wired Telecommunications Carriers Wireless Telecommunications Carriers Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Countertop Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Countertop Wood Window and Door Zoos and Botanical Gardens
Business Plan Consultants FAQ
Why you need a business plan writer.
Whether you are just starting out or looking to expand, you need to make sure you have a good business plan. Doing a business plan on your own takes a lot of time and knowledge, yet by hiring a business plan writer you can save time and money. Business plan consultants make sure all the necessary details are worked into your business plan and that you covered all the essential steps to ensure your business plan is complete and on topic.
It is important that you are not missing vital information in your business plan. While you may have a good understanding of your business, a professional business plan writer can help you flush out the details, ask the right questions and write a compelling, cohesive document that you alone may not be able to do. This can make all the difference when it comes to using that business plan to attain investment, loans, or SBA-backed funding.
Our business plan writers will have experience in many different industries. We have worked with over 10,000 customers around the world. You name it, our business plan consultants have worked on it before. Our writers are highly skilled at research, writing and building financial projections. Our business plan writers can take your ideas to the next level. When using Butler Consultants, you know you are receiving the best and most in-depth information possible and it allows you to work with writers who are more qualified and suited to do the job.
Average time it takes an entrepreneur to write a business plan
Are you considering writing a business plan? Do you want to create a great guide for your business that fully encapsulates your vision and motives, as well as your finances, marketing, and personnel plan? Creating a business plan is the first step for all business owners. Presenting a clear and concise picture of your business can make all the difference when it comes to creating a business and brand that is strong and lasting. You need to communicate what your objectives are, where you want to be and how you’ll get there.
Unless you are a business plan writer, you probably don’t have all the skills and knowledge to get the job done quickly. Business plan consultants know which questions need to be asked and answered, what the critical points for your business are and how the business plan needs to be organized and written to be the most effective.
Business plan writers specialize in creating streamlined yet thorough documents. Our Business Plan Writers take your ideas and create a blueprint that banks and investors see as a viable plan and drastically increase your chance of success. Running a business is hard enough and writing a business plan can be just as much of a struggle. While no plan is the same and some are more difficult than others, even the easiest one can take months or (much) longer for a person to write their own plan – if they even finish it at all.
Time is best spent on other work. Business plan writing is difficult and specialized and therefore is likely best outsourced to experts business plan consultants. So perhaps it’s time for you to let a business plan writer and business plan consultant take the burden off your shoulders.
When hiring a business plan writer, you get the best possible business plan without spending a lot of money. Our business plan writers have been doing this for years and have written plans for thousands of clients in hundreds of different industries. You can trust in our experience and expertise to help you achieve your goals faster and easier.
Average length of a business plan
One of the many difficult aspects of writing a business plan is figuring out how long it should be. Maybe you’ve seen a couple examples on the internet or downloaded a template. A typical business plan (with all the relevant details) is between 25-40 pages. The Business Plan is a lot of writing and a lot of work. There are a lot the custom details you’ll want in your business plan and may spend months figuring out what to put in and what to leave out.
A business plan needs to have a lot of details and many aspects of the business need to be discussed. The plan needs to be straightforward but make sure it includes the correct information for investors and banks. This is why business plan writing takes a long time and is a difficult, labor-intensive process. Writing a business plan tends to take longer for an existing business where the owner already has to focus on day-to-day responsibilities of running a business. Spending countless time researching and writing a business plan is a luxury most people don’t have.
Hiring a business plan writer is something to consider if you are serious about getting a document written in a reasonable timeframe. You want to start or grow your business and create something that you can be proud of. Outsourcing the business plan writing and financial projections allows you to focus on other business responsibilities.
Our business plan writers and business plan consultants specialize in creating high-quality business plans that outline your business goals, plans and financial projections. We make sure every plan is the appropriate length. We know which questions need to be answered and we know what questions to ask you to ensure the business plan writing process is expedited. Our business plan writers, after writing business plans for years, know exactly what goes in the plan and how long to make it.
So, if you want to stand out and have a business plan that not only looks professional, but is professional, then consider looking into us as business plan writers for hire. It’s a great way to get the job done quickly and effectively, while ensuring your plan contains the important information needed to best present your business to the world. Stand out in a crowd, make a lasting impact on the market and excel within your industry by starting with a business plan that sets you up for long-term success.
Main sections of a business plan
When it comes to writing a business plan, there’s much to take into consideration than length. You need to be aware of several different parts and how they work together to create a plan that is coherent, clear and well designed. A business plan is more than just a document, it’s a blueprint for success and a plan to ensure your business grows quickly.
Whether you are thinking about writing your own business plan or hiring a business plan writer, you need to be aware of the following main parts of a business plan. In general, this includes:
- Executive Summary
- Company Description
- Financial plan and projections
- Products and Services
- Market analysis
- Marketing Strategy and Implementation
- Organization and Management Team
Home Go Business Plans | Business Plan
Go Business Plans | Business Plan
Expert business plan writers.
Plan the Launch & Growth of Your Business
We are the largest and best rated business plan company in the United States. We specialize in providing high-quality, comprehensive and beautifully designed business plans at a competitive price point. Our business plans can be used for strategic planning, internal planning, investor fundraising and bank funding. We are the best in the business. Don’t settle for anything less!
- Business.com's #1 Business Plan Company (2016-2022)
- Trusted by 12,000+ Clients within 150 Industries
- Five-Star Rating Across All Review Platforms
Increase Your Chances of Raising Capital
You have only one chance to make that crucial first impression with investors and lenders. A detailed and well-drafted business plan is the key to making your path to funding shorter and simpler. Our business plans writers and consultants handle everything for you so that you are completely prepared for your investor, bank, or grant meeting.
- Suitable for Lenders, Angel Investors & VC/PE
- $3+ Billion in Debt & Capital Raised over 10 Years
- Proven to Increase Funding Odds by 5x
Get Your Free Business Plan Writing Proposal
What you'll get:.
- Business Plan Content Advice
- Market Research Advice
- Business Plan Review
- Our Business Plan Process
- Custom Marketing Advice
- Custom Funding Advice
- Why We Are The Best Choice
- What We Charge
Experienced Business Plan Experts & Advisors at Your Service
Our Proven Engagement Process
Interviews with management team, conduct strategic market research, develop financial projections, business plan documentation, draft review call, editing process & final delivery, expect the absolute best, experienced consultants.
We partner you with a team of senior consultants who have helped entrepreneurs in over 100 industries. No salespeople, junior analysts, or outsourced vendors.
Strategic Advisory Process
We don’t just document your ideas onto paper. As your consultants, we brainstorm, research, and recommend the best strategies to launch and grow your business.
Fully Customized. No Templates.
No templates or long questionnaires. We work with you to strategize your business and build a customized plan to represent your unique vision.
Cost Effective & Results Driven
We understand that time is money. We guarantee the highest quality work at the most competitive price, handling all business plan writing and research so you have more time to focus on launching and growing your business.
Over $1 Billion in Funding Raised
We understand the requirements of financial institutions, angel investors, and institutional capital partners. Our clients also get access to our investor and bank network, that we have built over multiple years.
Growth Strategy Implementation
The business plan is just step one in our process. We can help you through every stage of growth. Including creating a website, generating leads, implementing effective marketing campaigns, bookkeeping, and a lot more.
Market Research Access
We have access to more than 15 reputable market research databases at our disposal, including IBISWorld, Euromonitor, Hoovers, Mintel, Statista, Freedonia, Frost & Sullivan, Forrester, and First Research.
Best Quality, Competitive Pricing
We offer professionally developed business plans at competitive prices. We provide the highest quality business plans in the industry at rates that are half of the price that some of our competitors charge.
Award Winning Service
Guaranteed to exceed your lender & investor's expectations.
Our business plans have helped over 5,000+ companies across 150 industries acquire over $3 Billion in debt and equity funding. We build well-researched, comprehensive business plans that provide you with the highest probability of approval.
Includes your company’s general ownership, incorporation information, operational timelines, and key hiring needs.
Our Clients Are Our #1 Priority
What You'll Get In Your Free Proposal
- Business Plan Review
Get Started with America’s Best Rated Business Plan Writing Service.
Schedule your consultation and see why thousands of small business owners trust Go Business Plans with their business planning.
Business Type Existing Business Start-Up
Business Plan Investor Funding Bank Funding L1 Visa E2 Visa EB5 Visa EB2 Visa Business Plan Edits Start-Up Consulting Strategic Planning Other
- Service Area
- Our Clients
- Client Press
- Frequently Asks Questions
- Business Plan Writers
- Investor Presentation
- Business Plan Consultants
- Bank Business Plan
- E2 Visa Business Plan
- EB-5 Visa Business Plan
- L1 Visa Business Plan
Fully Customized Business Plans – No Templates
Schedule free consultation.
Our business plain team is here to help
Our business plan team is here to help
Check example of our work
- Business Plan Consulting
Upmetrics AI Assistant: Simplifying Business Planning through AI-Powered Insights. Learn How
Financial forecasting, ai assistance, see how upmetrics works →, strategic planning, entrepreneurs & small business, accelerators & incubators, business consultants & advisors, educators & business schools, students & scholars.
- Sample Plans
Business Plan Course
Strategic canvas templates, e-books, guides & more.
- WHY UPMETRICS?
Customers Success Stories
Hire top business plan writers – in the united states.
12 Min Read
Are you looking to start a business, and need a business plan writing service in the United States? If yes, then voila here is the right place.
The United States has one of the largest economies which makes it favorable for entrepreneurs to start a business in this country. But without a plan, a business will not get its roadmap.
A well-written business plan is essential to the success of any organization due to the ever-increasing complexity of the business environment and the constantly shifting market conditions. Now, without further ado look at the below list of the top business plan writing services in the United States .
Who is a Business Plan Writer?
Business plan writers are specialists who help owners or entrepreneurs create thorough and efficient business plans by conducting market research, competitive research preparing financial projections, & analyzing other business operations.
They build a business plan that is specifically suited to the needs and objectives of the particular business using the current information.
If you are looking for the one, then here are some of the top business plan writers:
Top 5 Business Plan Writing Service Providers in the US
1. go business plans.
Go Business Plans is a full-service business consulting company that is committed to assisting you in producing the customized business plans required to prevail in the fiercely competitive business world of today.
From business plan advice and website building to internet marketing and debt finance, their team of specialists can help you with anything you need to launch or expand your firm.
2. Wise Business Plans
At Wise Business Plans , they understand that every great business starts with a well-crafted plan. Thus you don’t need to become a professional business plan writer to start a small business because Wise Business Plans can assist you at every step of the way with their professional business plan services. Services of Wise Business Plans:
- Custom websites
- Logo & branding
- They also provide guidance & services for business licensing
- Digital Marketing
- Optimizing business credit profile
3. Bargain Business Plans
To efficiently create a unique plan that will suit your goals, Bargain Business Plans take the time to get to know their clients. Their team of business plan consultants and writers will strive to guarantee you’re in a position to succeed, whether you’re starting a new business or bringing your brand to a new market.
They are commonly regarded as the top business plan company in the nation because of the technique of knowing its clients first. Services of Wise Business Plans:
- Business plan writing services such as: – SBA business plans – Non-profit business plans – Investor/VC business plans
- Custom logo
4. Plan Writers
Plan writers help you communicate your vision, research your industry, make your marketing plan, model your financial projection, and design amazing presentations, so you can save your time & effort on making an actionable plan and focus on your operations.
In 2011, they were even awarded as the best business plan writer.
5. Cayenne Consulting
Cayenne Consulting can serve as an impartial partner to help you save a tonne of time by assisting with tasks like developing a strategy, conducting market and competitive research, creating a plan, creating presentation materials, and creating a capital formation strategy.
They have experts for everything you need for an established business plan.
Find Business Plan Writers in your Region
- Chicago – Business Plan Writers
- Columbus – Business Plan Writers
- Denver – Business Plan Writers
- Boston – Business Plan Writers
- Florida – Business Plan Writers
- Los Angeles – Business Plan Writers
- Minnesota – Business Plan Writers
- San Diego – Business Plan Writers
- Dallas – Business Plan Writers
- Massachusetts – Business Plan Writers
- New York – Business Plan Writers
- Las Vegas – Business Plan Writers
- Georgia – Business Plan Writers
- Houston – Business Plan Writers
- Atlanta – Business Plan Writers
AI Business Plan Generator—A Better Alternative
Upmetrics is an efficient and reliable AI-Powered Business Plan Generator. It’s the ultimate solution for modern entrepreneurs who want to create comprehensive business plans effortlessly.
The AI assistant offers various options through a convenient drop-down menu. You can select from features such as Auto Write, Auto Improve, shorten or expand the text, and even choose from professional, persuasive, or academic tones to refine your content.
Try Upmetrics AI
Here is a list of additional features provided by the Upmetrics AI assistant :
- AI-powered text generation to write your business plan.
- Content rewriting feature to polish or enhance content quality.
- Content shortening option to briefly describe the context.
- Expand upon your idea and introduce new concepts.
- AI-powered assistant to help adjust the tone of your writing.
- Accurate & reliable information depending on prompted information.
- Real-time updates and cloud storage, eliminating the risk of data loss.
- Intuitive, seamless, and responsive user interface.
- Check and correct grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- Business resources, video tutorials, and guides to help get started.
You might think that all these features might cost you a fortune, but here is the surprise that it is more affordable than hiring a business plan writer.
Where do I Find Freelance Business Plan Writers?
Many platforms are available where you can find freelancers and on such platforms only you will find top business plan writers, such as
You will find a variety of business plan writers on Upwork as it is one of the best-known freelance marketplaces. You can hire one of the top business plan writers after knowing their fees, expertise, business plan samples, etc.
Cost: Here freelance writers charge $200 – $2000 (per project).
Freelancer is also the place where you can find freelance business plan writers. You can post a project there, request proposals, and go through the ratings of the writers & their portfolios.
Cost: Writers on this platform might charge $15 – $75 (per hour).
You can select an expert plan writer on Fiverr depending on your niche. Browse through different profiles and pricing structures and then pitch directly.
Cost: Writers on this platform might charge $100 – $1000 (per project).
4. Referrals and recommendations
You can also seek suggestions and referrals from coworkers, contacts in the sector, or business advisers who might know of independent business plan writers with the required knowledge and abilities.
How to Choose the Right Business Plan Writer
When looking for a business plan writer or consulting company, you’ll discover a wide range in the services provided, the method used, and the cost quoted. Here are a few ideas to take into account as you weigh your options:
1. Writing services and previous work
You should ask for examples of prior business plans from the writer you are considering hiring. When reviewing the sample, make sure the writing is clear and concise and that the document is free of any significant errors or typos. Since investors will primarily focus on the executive summary and financial model, be sure to give them a careful reading.
2. Price is not everything
Do not, however, make the error of judging a plan writer just on the price they offer; instead, search around for your plan to grasp the pricing possibilities accessible. While it is safe to assume that the least expensive option will produce a product and service of lower quality, the opposite is not always true, i.e., that the most expensive option will produce a product and service of the highest quality.
3. Be clear if you want business plan writing or editing
A plan lays out a company’s strategy and how it will operate over the following five to ten years. The document outlines the company’s current situation as well as the objectives it plans to aim to meet on an operational and financial level. As a result, the document is very personal to the business owner.
However, the writer won’t be able to read the business owner’s mind. A business plan writer can easily offer an objective look at the company, highlighting areas someone close to the company may miss. The owner must first choose whether he prefers a writer to draft the plan or an editor to polish it after the owner has prepared a draft.
4. Understand their process
It is necessary to understand the procedure of the writer or business consultant before you hire them. Each contractor has their procedure, for instance, some might give you a questionnaire to fill & some will have an interview round to learn more about your business.
Therefore, it is essential to understand the process and to know how will they communicate more with you for business information.
How Much Will it Cost to Hire a Business Plan Writer?
The cost of working with a business plan writer can depend on various factors like experience, expertise, the field and complexity of the business plan, etc.
However, some writers charge per hour and some charge per project for writing the business plan. We have listed some average costs of writing a business plan as follows:
- Basic business plan – $500 to $2500
- Comprehensive business plan – $2500 to $10,000
- Industry-specific business plan – $5000 to $20,000
- Hourly basis – $20 to $50
- Upmetrics – Starting from $9 per month
These costs are based on the current average charges of various freelance business plan writers.
When to Hire a Business Plan Writer
Are you thinking about when to write a business plan or when to hire a business plan writing service?
While starting the business:
Expanding your firm:, when you need funding:, pros and cons of hiring a business plan writer.
Hiring a business plan writer has its pros and cons, here is why you should or shouldn’t hire a business plan writer:
- Writing business plans is their area of expertise, so they can provide insightful advice based on their extensive experience.
- Working with a writer gives you more time to concentrate on other areas of your company.
- You may leave a lasting impression on lenders or investors by writing a strong business plan.
- Working with a business plan writer can be pricey, particularly for new or tiny companies.
- Working with a writer entails a certain amount of control surrendering over the writing process and final output.
- Sometimes, business plan writers might not fully understand the vision & goals of your business.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Hiring a Business Plan Writer
Business plan writing is something you do for your business on your terms, so if you think you are ready to hire a business plan writer, then answer these questions to make your decision more firm.
- Who will write your business plan?
- How will you share all the information with your writer?
- Will the writer do thorough market research before writing the plan?
- How many revisions will they do?
- In which format will be the plan delivered?
If you want to write your business plan by yourself, then with the help of a business plan software & its step-by-step guidance you can.
Some Common Steps to Writing a Business Plan
A business plan is a roadmap, so messing the format up is a big no. Here are some common steps you need to include in your business plan:
- Executive Summary – It includes a brief and concise overview of the entire business plan
- Business Overview – It contains the details of your business including name, business type, location, history, legal structure, etc.
- Market Analysis – The target market, competitive analysis, market trends, etc are incorporated in this section.
- Products & Services – This section has all the details about your products and services, a product description, pricing, etc.
- Sales & Marketing Strategies – Once you have your products and services mentioned, it is necessary to write down how will you sell and market them.
- Operations Plan – It includes the operational process, staffing & hiring of your company, and the machinery or equipment you will use in the business.
- Management Team – Mention all the key executives and managers of your firm in this section.
- Financial Plan – The financial forecasting for the first few years of your company should be outlined in your financial plan section.
- Appendix – Include any other details that would be important to your business plan in this section, such as the resumes of important employees, marketing materials, or legal documents.
Read more: How to Write a Business Plan
Need Assistance Writing Your Business Plan?
Do you plan on writing a business plan by yourself? If yes, then test out our business plan software right away to see how simple it is to write a thorough and expert business plan.
You may save time and make sure that your plan is customized to the requirements of your company with the help of our guidance. Sign up right away to get started and take the first step toward success.
In conclusion, hiring a business plan writer might be a wise investment if you’re looking to construct a professional business plan that can help you get finance, draw investors, or direct your business strategy.
But writing your business plan with the help of guidance at each step can be the wisest choice.
The experience, credentials, references, method, and cost should all be taken into account when choosing a business plan writer.
You can write a thorough and useful business plan that can assist you in achieving your objectives and succeeding in your entrepreneurial endeavors by conducting research and choosing the best.
Why hire costly writers? Use Software for Business Plans!
Why pay high fees to consultants? Opt for business plan software, get comprehensive plans, save money, and gain control over your business's roadmap
Related Articles On Business Plan Writing
- Insights into Writing a Comprehensive Business Plan
- Building a Strategic Business Plan Outline
- Art of Writing an Exceptional Executive Summary
- The Importance of an Operational Plan in Your Business Strategy
- Designing an Impressive Business Plan Cover Page
- Importance of a Well-structured Business Plan Table of Contents
- The Importance of Confidentiality in Business Plans
- Conducting an Effective Market Analysis for Your Business Plan
- Outlining Your Products and Services in Your Business Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do business plan writers take to write your business plan.
The length of time needed to write a business plan entirely relies on how sophisticated your industry is. It also depends on the complexity of your finances, the length of the business plan, business principles, and every other business-related factor. However, it typically takes a month to a year.
What are the common mistakes to avoid when writing a business plan?
Things to avoid while writing a business strategy are:
- Avoid making unrealistic projections
- Don’t set your expectations too high for financial projections
- A poor executive summary will bore readers from starting itself
- Writing a plan too long
- Not defining the target audience
- Not focusing on your competitors
- Including unnecessary information
What things should I look for when hiring a business plan consulting company?
Here are some qualities you should look for in a business plan consultant:
- Experience and expertise
- Process and methodology
- References and testimonials
- Communication and Collaboration
- Post plan support
- Pricing and cost-effectiveness
What is the hardest part of writing a business plan?
There are many parts of the process that might be challenging when writing business plans. But these are some of the most typical difficulties that people run into when developing a business plan:
For startups: The financial plan is the most challenging. It is difficult to project financial data for a new company. Finding a company that is similar and attempting to estimate its earnings is your best option.
For existing firms: One of the most difficult aspects for established organizations can be market analysis. It is challenging to identify the target market for a new product, comprehend competitors, and identify market trends & ways to adapt to them.
- Business Studies
- Statistics for Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Indian Economic Development
- Explore Our Geeks Community
- Interview Preparation For Software Developers
- Must Coding Questions - Company-wise
- Must Do Coding Questions - Topic-wise
- Company-wise Practice Problems
- Company Preparation
- Competitive Programming
- Software Design-Patterns
- Company-wise Interview Experience
- Experienced - Interview Experiences
- Internship - Interview Experiences
- Problem of the Day
- Topic-wise Practice
- Difficulty Level - School
- Difficulty Level - Basic
- Difficulty Level - Easy
- Difficulty Level - Medium
- Difficulty Level - Hard
- Leaderboard !!
- Explore More...
- Linked List
- Binary Tree
- Binary Search Tree
- Advance Data Structures
- All Data Structures
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Searching Algorithms
- Sorting Algorithms
- Pattern Searching
- Geometric Algorithms
- Mathematical Algorithms
- Randomized Algorithms
- Greedy Algorithms
- Dynamic Programming
- Divide & Conquer
- Branch & Bound
- All Algorithms
- Tailwind CSS
- jQuery Mobile
- Materialize CSS
- React Design
Computer Science Subjects
- Operating Systems
- Computer Network
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Compiler Design
- Digital Elec. & Logic Design
- Software Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
Data Science & ML
- Complete Data Science Course
- Data Science Tutorial
- Machine Learning Tutorial
- Deep Learning Tutorial
- NLP Tutorial
- Machine Learning Projects
- Data Analysis Tutorial
- Python Tutorial
- Django Tutorial
- Pandas Tutorial
- Kivy Tutorial
- Tkinter Tutorial
- OpenCV Tutorial
- Selenium Tutorial
- GATE CS Notes
- Gate Corner
- Previous Year GATE Papers
- Last Minute Notes (LMNs)
- Important Topic For GATE CS
- GATE Course
- Previous Year Paper: CS exams
- Git Tutorial
- AWS Tutorial
- Docker Tutorial
- Kubernetes Tutorial
- Microsoft Azure Tutorial
- Python Quiz
- Data Structures Quiz
- Algorithms Quiz
- Topic-wise MCQs
- CBSE Notes 2023-24
- CBSE Class 8 Notes
- CBSE Class 9 Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Notes
- CBSE Class 11 Notes
- CBSE Class 12 Notes
- School Programming
- English Grammar
- Class 11 Accountancy Notes
- Class 12 Accountancy Notes
- Class 11 Business Studies Notes
- Class 12 Business Studies Notes
- Class 11 Microeconomics Notes
- Class 11 Statistics For Economics Notes
- Class 12 Macroeconomics Notes
- Class 12 Indian Economic Development Notes
Business Plan | Elements and How to Write ?
What is business plan.
Business plan is defined as a written document that outlines the goals, strategies, and detailed plans for a business. It serves as a roadmap for how a business will operate and achieve its objectives. A well-structured business plan typically includes information on the company’s mission, vision, products or services, target market, competitive analysis, marketing and sales strategies, organizational structure, operational processes, and financial projections. So in simple words, a documented roadmap for the functioning of the business or organization is known as a Business plan. It serves as a roadmap for entrepreneurs and business owners, providing a clear and comprehensive overview of their business idea, strategy, and financial projections.
Table of Content
Purpose of business plan, elements of a business plan, things to keep in mind while writing a business plan.
1. Strategic Planning: It helps in long-term strategic planning by setting goals and outlining the steps needed to achieve those targets and goals.
2. Funding: When seeking financing from investors or lenders, a business plan is often required to demonstrate the viability of the business and its potential for profitability.
3. Decision Making: It assists in making informed decisions by providing a comprehensive overview of the business, allowing stakeholders to evaluate risks and opportunities.
4. Guidance: It helps the business owner and management team understand the direction and goals of the business. It provides a clear path for how the company intends to reach its objectives.
5. Communication: A business plan is a tool for communicating the business’s vision and strategy to employees, potential investors, lenders, partners, and other stakeholders.
1. Market Analysis: Research the industry and target market. Define the target audience and outline the size, demographics, and needs of the potential customers. Analyse competitors and identify unique selling points.
2. Executive Summary: This is a brief overview of the entire business plan. It should provide a snapshot of the business, including its mission, goals, products or services, target market, and financial highlights.
3. Company Description: Describe the business in more detail. Explain the company’s history, mission, vision, and values. Provide information about legal structure (e.g., LLC, corporation) and location.
4. Management and Organisation: Introduce management team and key personnel. Highlight their qualifications and experience. Provide an organisational chart if applicable.
5. Financial Projections: Present financial forecasts, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Discuss funding needs if seeking investment or financing.
6. Products or Services: Describe what the business is selling. Provide detailed information about products or services, including their features, benefits, and any intellectual property the business may have.
7. Operating Plan: Detail the day-to-day operations of the business. Discuss location, equipment, suppliers, and any strategic partnerships. Explain the production process if the business is manufacturing products.
8. Marketing and Sales Strategy: Explain how the business plans to market and sell products or services.
Writing a business plan is a crucial step in launching or growing a business. Here are five important things to do or keep in mind while writing a business plan:
1. Set Clear and Realistic Goals: Define clear and measurable business objectives. The goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART). Determine both short-term and long-term goals, including financial targets, market share, and growth milestones.
2. Research and Market Analysis: Conduct thorough research on the respective industry, market, and target audience. Gather data and statistics to support market analysis. Provide evidence of a viable market opportunity for your product or service.
3. Outline a Solid Marketing and Sales Strategy: Describe the marketing and sales approach. Detail pricing strategy, distribution channels, and promotional efforts. Highlight unique selling propositions (USPs) and what is the plan to attract and retain customers. Develop a sales forecast to estimate future revenues based on marketing and sales efforts.
4. Create a Detailed Financial Section: Develop comprehensive financial projections, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Be realistic in financial assumptions, considering factors like sales forecasts, expenses, pricing, and funding needs. Include a break-even analysis to determine when the business will become profitable.
5. Address Potential Risks and Mitigations: Identify and assess potential risks and challenges that businesses may face. These could include market competition, regulatory changes, or economic downturns.
In summary, a business plan is a strategic document that provides a detailed roadmap for a business, helping it define its objectives, strategies, and tactics for success. It is a crucial tool for both planning and communication within the organization and with external stakeholders.
Please Login to comment...
- Geeks Premier League 2023
- Geeks Premier League
Please write us at contrib[email protected] to report any issue with the above content
Improve your Coding Skills with Practice
Discover Thomson Reuters
Battle for gaza rages with 'indescribable' conditions.
Israeli ground troops are pressing further into Gaza City, fighting Hamas resistance that has "prepared itself well," according to an Israeli general. Meanwhile in southern Gaza the breakdown in basic necessities for civilians, from sewage to sanitation, is worsening an already hellish landscape. Matthew Larotonda reports.
Carbon shift, inside etfs, business lookahead, sectors upclose, markets now, breakingviews, innovations, sustainable business, trailblazers, oddly enough, environment, brian cox hosts a new james bond-themed game show, danny devito stars with his daughter on broadway, kylie jenner honored as innovator by wsj magazine, robbie williams looks back at his life in new film, 'the time traveller's wife' musical opens in london, stars of the next 'hunger games' meet fans in new york, basement stage is set for ukraine's kharkiv opera, heidi klum 'peacocks' at her annual halloween party, jessie buckley stars in quirky drama 'fingernails', as disney turns 100, can it meet a new era, heidi klum's best halloween costumes over the years, meg ryan returns to rom-coms as star, writer and director, striking actors told to avoid popular halloween costumes, matthew perry fans gather outside the 'friends' apartment, nigeria aims for oscars with pidgin-language film, hank azaria pays tribute to 'friends' star matthew perry, matthew perry's family, fans mourn star's death, 'friends' actor matthew perry dies at 54, cuba's national ballet celebrates 75 years, taylor swift drops re-recorded '1989' album, the rise and fall of 'crypto king' sam bankman-fried, ftx founder bankman-fried convicted of fraud, bankman-fried conviction a 'warning': top prosecutor, at ny trial, trump's sons say not aware of fraud, jury deliberations begin in bankman-fried fraud trial, donald trump’s adult sons arrive for fraud trial, donald trump jr. says had minor role in firm finances, tesla wins first us trial over fatal crash, can officials legally block critics scotus examines, trump ballot disqualification trial begins, ftx founder defends himself in testimony to judge, trump fined $10,000 for second gag order violation, sam bankman-fried set to testify at fraud trial, japan court rules gender change requirement invalid, off-duty pilot used 'magic mushrooms', court hears, former trump lawyer cohen testifies in fraud case, former trump lawyer ellis pleads guilty in georgia, texas county outlaws abortion-related travel, ex-pakistan pm khan indicted in official secrets case, sidney powell agrees to testify in georgia case, us house passes republicans' israel-only aid bill, fbi raids home of fundraiser for nyc mayor eric adams, musk and sunak discuss china at ai safety summit, apple stock slips despite strong iphone sales, israeli settler attacks fuel fire as gaza war rages, is russia's nuclear treaty walk-back a worry, activists struggle to commemorate soviet repression victims, border crossing swamped after pakistani expulsion order, deadly storm ciaran batters northern europe, us stocks rally on bets of peak us interest rates, bank of england keeps rates at 15-year high, japan unveils $113 bln package to beat inflation, pumpkin spice lifts starbucks sales, shares soar, lufthansa upbeat on demand as q3 beats estimates, offshore wind: two major us projects scrapped, catch 22: how cutting pollution heats up the planet, generations of mexican family missing in otis aftermath, are we living in a computer simulation, south african rugby team begins trophy tour, indian wrestling school helps girls chase life and glory, 'day of the dead' celebrated across latin america, abu dhabi accelerates mangrove planting using drones, king charles continues warfare theme on kenya visit, dog trainer drives pooches to daycare in style.
Mobile Menu Overlay
The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20500
FACT SHEET: President Biden Issues Executive Order on Safe, Secure, and Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence
Today, President Biden is issuing a landmark Executive Order to ensure that America leads the way in seizing the promise and managing the risks of artificial intelligence (AI). The Executive Order establishes new standards for AI safety and security, protects Americans’ privacy, advances equity and civil rights, stands up for consumers and workers, promotes innovation and competition, advances American leadership around the world, and more. As part of the Biden-Harris Administration’s comprehensive strategy for responsible innovation, the Executive Order builds on previous actions the President has taken, including work that led to voluntary commitments from 15 leading companies to drive safe, secure, and trustworthy development of AI. The Executive Order directs the following actions: New Standards for AI Safety and Security
As AI’s capabilities grow, so do its implications for Americans’ safety and security. With this Executive Order, the President directs the most sweeping actions ever taken to protect Americans from the potential risks of AI systems :
- Require that developers of the most powerful AI systems share their safety test results and other critical information with the U.S. government. In accordance with the Defense Production Act, the Order will require that companies developing any foundation model that poses a serious risk to national security, national economic security, or national public health and safety must notify the federal government when training the model, and must share the results of all red-team safety tests. These measures will ensure AI systems are safe, secure, and trustworthy before companies make them public.
- Develop standards, tools, and tests to help ensure that AI systems are safe, secure, and trustworthy. The National Institute of Standards and Technology will set the rigorous standards for extensive red-team testing to ensure safety before public release. The Department of Homeland Security will apply those standards to critical infrastructure sectors and establish the AI Safety and Security Board. The Departments of Energy and Homeland Security will also address AI systems’ threats to critical infrastructure, as well as chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and cybersecurity risks. Together, these are the most significant actions ever taken by any government to advance the field of AI safety.
- Protect against the risks of using AI to engineer dangerous biological materials by developing strong new standards for biological synthesis screening. Agencies that fund life-science projects will establish these standards as a condition of federal funding, creating powerful incentives to ensure appropriate screening and manage risks potentially made worse by AI.
- Protect Americans from AI-enabled fraud and deception by establishing standards and best practices for detecting AI-generated content and authenticating official content . The Department of Commerce will develop guidance for content authentication and watermarking to clearly label AI-generated content. Federal agencies will use these tools to make it easy for Americans to know that the communications they receive from their government are authentic—and set an example for the private sector and governments around the world.
- Establish an advanced cybersecurity program to develop AI tools to find and fix vulnerabilities in critical software, building on the Biden-Harris Administration’s ongoing AI Cyber Challenge. Together, these efforts will harness AI’s potentially game-changing cyber capabilities to make software and networks more secure.
- Order the development of a National Security Memorandum that directs further actions on AI and security, to be developed by the National Security Council and White House Chief of Staff. This document will ensure that the United States military and intelligence community use AI safely, ethically, and effectively in their missions, and will direct actions to counter adversaries’ military use of AI.
Protecting Americans’ Privacy
Without safeguards, AI can put Americans’ privacy further at risk. AI not only makes it easier to extract, identify, and exploit personal data, but it also heightens incentives to do so because companies use data to train AI systems. To better protect Americans’ privacy, including from the risks posed by AI, the President calls on Congress to pass bipartisan data privacy legislation to protect all Americans, especially kids, and directs the following actions:
- Protect Americans’ privacy by prioritizing federal support for accelerating the development and use of privacy-preserving techniques— including ones that use cutting-edge AI and that let AI systems be trained while preserving the privacy of the training data.
- Strengthen privacy-preserving research and technologies, such as cryptographic tools that preserve individuals’ privacy, by funding a Research Coordination Network to advance rapid breakthroughs and development. The National Science Foundation will also work with this network to promote the adoption of leading-edge privacy-preserving technologies by federal agencies.
- Evaluate how agencies collect and use commercially available information —including information they procure from data brokers—and strengthen privacy guidance for federal agencies to account for AI risks. This work will focus in particular on commercially available information containing personally identifiable data.
- Develop guidelines for federal agencies to evaluate the effectiveness of privacy-preserving techniques, including those used in AI systems. These guidelines will advance agency efforts to protect Americans’ data.
Advancing Equity and Civil Rights
Irresponsible uses of AI can lead to and deepen discrimination, bias, and other abuses in justice, healthcare, and housing. The Biden-Harris Administration has already taken action by publishing the Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights and issuing an Executive Order directing agencies to combat algorithmic discrimination , while enforcing existing authorities to protect people’s rights and safety. To ensure that AI advances equity and civil rights, the President directs the following additional actions:
- Provide clear guidance to landlords, Federal benefits programs, and federal contractors to keep AI algorithms from being used to exacerbate discrimination.
- Address algorithmic discrimination through training, technical assistance, and coordination between the Department of Justice and Federal civil rights offices on best practices for investigating and prosecuting civil rights violations related to AI.
- Ensure fairness throughout the criminal justice system by developing best practices on the use of AI in sentencing, parole and probation, pretrial release and detention, risk assessments, surveillance, crime forecasting and predictive policing, and forensic analysis.
Standing Up for Consumers, Patients, and Students
AI can bring real benefits to consumers—for example, by making products better, cheaper, and more widely available. But AI also raises the risk of injuring, misleading, or otherwise harming Americans. To protect consumers while ensuring that AI can make Americans better off, the President directs the following actions:
- Advance the responsible use of AI in healthcare and the development of affordable and life-saving drugs. The Department of Health and Human Services will also establish a safety program to receive reports of—and act to remedy – harms or unsafe healthcare practices involving AI.
- Shape AI’s potential to transform education by creating resources to support educators deploying AI-enabled educational tools, such as personalized tutoring in schools.
AI is changing America’s jobs and workplaces, offering both the promise of improved productivity but also the dangers of increased workplace surveillance, bias, and job displacement. To mitigate these risks, support workers’ ability to bargain collectively, and invest in workforce training and development that is accessible to all, the President directs the following actions:
- Develop principles and best practices to mitigate the harms and maximize the benefits of AI for workers by addressing job displacement; labor standards; workplace equity, health, and safety; and data collection. These principles and best practices will benefit workers by providing guidance to prevent employers from undercompensating workers, evaluating job applications unfairly, or impinging on workers’ ability to organize.
- Produce a report on AI’s potential labor-market impacts , and study and identify options for strengthening federal support for workers facing labor disruptions , including from AI.
Promoting Innovation and Competition
America already leads in AI innovation—more AI startups raised first-time capital in the United States last year than in the next seven countries combined. The Executive Order ensures that we continue to lead the way in innovation and competition through the following actions:
- Catalyze AI research across the United States through a pilot of the National AI Research Resource—a tool that will provide AI researchers and students access to key AI resources and data—and expanded grants for AI research in vital areas like healthcare and climate change.
- Promote a fair, open, and competitive AI ecosystem by providing small developers and entrepreneurs access to technical assistance and resources, helping small businesses commercialize AI breakthroughs, and encouraging the Federal Trade Commission to exercise its authorities.
- Use existing authorities to expand the ability of highly skilled immigrants and nonimmigrants with expertise in critical areas to study, stay, and work in the United States by modernizing and streamlining visa criteria, interviews, and reviews.
Advancing American Leadership Abroad
AI’s challenges and opportunities are global. The Biden-Harris Administration will continue working with other nations to support safe, secure, and trustworthy deployment and use of AI worldwide. To that end, the President directs the following actions:
- Expand bilateral, multilateral, and multistakeholder engagements to collaborate on AI . The State Department, in collaboration, with the Commerce Department will lead an effort to establish robust international frameworks for harnessing AI’s benefits and managing its risks and ensuring safety. In addition, this week, Vice President Harris will speak at the UK Summit on AI Safety, hosted by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
- Accelerate development and implementation of vital AI standards with international partners and in standards organizations, ensuring that the technology is safe, secure, trustworthy, and interoperable.
- Promote the safe, responsible, and rights-affirming development and deployment of AI abroad to solve global challenges, such as advancing sustainable development and mitigating dangers to critical infrastructure.
Ensuring Responsible and Effective Government Use of AI
AI can help government deliver better results for the American people. It can expand agencies’ capacity to regulate, govern, and disburse benefits, and it can cut costs and enhance the security of government systems. However, use of AI can pose risks, such as discrimination and unsafe decisions. To ensure the responsible government deployment of AI and modernize federal AI infrastructure, the President directs the following actions:
- Issue guidance for agencies’ use of AI, including clear standards to protect rights and safety, improve AI procurement, and strengthen AI deployment.
- Help agencies acquire specified AI products and services faster, more cheaply, and more effectively through more rapid and efficient contracting.
- Accelerate the rapid hiring of AI professionals as part of a government-wide AI talent surge led by the Office of Personnel Management, U.S. Digital Service, U.S. Digital Corps, and Presidential Innovation Fellowship. Agencies will provide AI training for employees at all levels in relevant fields.
As we advance this agenda at home, the Administration will work with allies and partners abroad on a strong international framework to govern the development and use of AI. The Administration has already consulted widely on AI governance frameworks over the past several months—engaging with Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, the European Union, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, the UAE, and the UK. The actions taken today support and complement Japan’s leadership of the G-7 Hiroshima Process, the UK Summit on AI Safety, India’s leadership as Chair of the Global Partnership on AI, and ongoing discussions at the United Nations. The actions that President Biden directed today are vital steps forward in the U.S.’s approach on safe, secure, and trustworthy AI. More action will be required, and the Administration will continue to work with Congress to pursue bipartisan legislation to help America lead the way in responsible innovation. For more on the Biden-Harris Administration’s work to advance AI, and for opportunities to join the Federal AI workforce, visit AI.gov .
We'll be in touch with the latest information on how President Biden and his administration are working for the American people, as well as ways you can get involved and help our country build back better.
Opt in to send and receive text messages from President Biden.