- Schools directory
- Resources Jobs Schools directory News Search
Year 5 Literacy/English Mini Home Learning Pack (Coronavirus)
Age range: 7-11
Resource type: Unit of work
11 December 2020
- Share through email
- Share through twitter
- Share through linkedin
- Share through facebook
- Share through pinterest
19 Home Learning sheets for Year 5 taken from our Homework Activities for Year 5
The activity sheets are structured around the narrative, non-fiction and poetry blocks of the new literacy Framework. The content comes from common Year 5 fiction and non-fiction themes. The activities are designed to support work done across the curriculum as well as in literacy teaching.
The activities follow the main literacy priorities in Year 5 and are designed to be used flexibly.
Each activity sheet has a clear focus and advice to the adult as well as the child. There are four main types: • Understanding and engaging with texts; • Shaping texts; • Sentence structure and punctuation; • Spelling.
Each unit contains a mixture of the activity types.
Creative Commons "Sharealike"
Your rating is required to reflect your happiness.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Very useful, thank you.
Thank you for the review :)
Empty reply does not make any sense for the end user
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.
Not quite what you were looking for? Search by keyword to find the right resource:
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Special Education
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
year 5 homework
Resource types, all resource types, results for year 5 homework.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Illustrative Math ENTIRE YEAR OF HOMEWORK BUNDLE, Grade 5 , Unit 1-7
Year 5 Homework Flip Books For an Entire Year ! - Australian Curriculum aligned
Australian Curriculum Aligned Year 5 Homework Sheets
Homework Masters - Years 5 and 6
Queensland Homework for Year 5 Full Set
- Word Document File
Queensland Year 3 Homework for Unit 5
My senses bundle PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
My friend bundle PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
My school & routine bundle PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
The weekend bundle PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
The party bundle PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
My Extended Family bundle PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
My Family Complete PPT lesson 5 -7 years with Homework & Preview material
Year 5 Homework Flip Books For a Whole Term! Set 1 - Australian Curriculum.
Year 5 Homework Flip Books For a Whole Term! Set 2 - Australian Curriculum.
Year 5 Homework Grid
Queensland Year 4 Homework for Unit 5
Distance Learning - Year 5 Digital Homework Activity Packs Set 1
Queensland Year 5 Homework Set for Unit 1
Year 5 -6 Homework Grids Terms 1-4
Queensland Year 1 Homework for Unit 5
Year 5 Homework Flip Books For a Whole Term! Set 3 - Australian Curriculum.
Queensland Year 5 Homework for Unit 5
Queensland Year 6 Homework for Unit 5
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student Privacy
- Terms of Service
Bellfield Primary School
Learning packs – year 5.
Welcome to the learning packs page for our Year 5 pupils
Bellfield Weekly Home Learning Packs
Learning Pack 1 – Year 5
Learning Pack 2 – Year 5
w/c April 27th -Year 5
w/c 4th May – Year 5
w/c 11th May – Year 5
w/c 18th May – Year 5
w/c 1st June – Year 5
w/c 8th June – Year 5
w/c 15th June – Year 5
w/c 22nd June – Year 5
w/c 29th June – Year 5
w/c 6th July – Year 5
Additional support, resources and information:
EYFS Home Learning – Twinkl
Key Stage 1 Home Learning – Twinkl
Key Stage 2 Home Learning – Twinkl
Welcome to the Twinkl Home Learning Hub :
Each day you’ll find a new set of daily activities to get involved with. The qualified Twinkl teachers will provide book readings, live lessons, positive news updates, drawing classes and so much more.
They’ll also bring you activities from their partners to help fill your days and provide some much-needed variety. Activities will be listed the day before – giving you enough time to get prepped and set up for the next day’s learning.
Use this area however it suits. We’re not suggesting a rigid timetable or recreating the school day at home but if you’re looking for ideas, or a way of adding a bit of routine into your day, you’ll find it here.
Twinkl is offering free premium membership for this month so you can download learning resources/activities to keep children busy, no card details, just FREE STUFF-
* Use code – UKTWINKLHELPS
How to Utilise Twinkl during the Coronavirus Shutdown: A Guide for Parents
Curated collections of online resources arranged by age group and subject area to make it really easy to find activities suitable for your child – especially for those home teaching during school closures.
BBC Education Videos
Interactive Resource Collections
Explore Interactive Activities
Listen to Audio
Please use the links below to access online games, resources and activities to support your child’s learning:
Times Tables – Rock Stars
Time Tables Me
Ur Brainy – Maths Games
Top Marks – Fun maths games
The Maths Zone
Number Rock – The world’s best math videos
Oxford owl – Fun maths games and activities
BBC Bitesize – English
Top Marks – fun English Games for 7-11 year olds
Crickweb – 20 KS 2 Literacy interactive teaching resources
Primary Games Arena – Spelling games
Primary Resources – English
Spellzone – The online English spelling resource
Learning Projects for Parents
BBC Bitesize – Subjects
BBC – History for Kids
BBC Teach – Super Movers
GoNoodle – Movement Powers Change
KS 2 – Science quizzes
100+ Easy Craft Ideas for Kids
National Geographic Kids
Quest – Scan & Seek
“I am very happy that my child is a pupil at Bellfield. Bellfield has a really good reputation and it is well-earned and well-deserved.”
“The school productions are the best I have ever seen in any school: humour, sadness and talent are all on show – so entertaining!”
“Bellfield is an outstanding school with staff that always go above and beyond for all their students. I am very proud to say my children attend and also to be part of the same academy.”
“Both of my children have exceeded my expectations and more! The learning and respect at this school is outstanding.”
“As a parent, I think this is an excellent school.”
“We are very pleased with the school and the achievements that our children are making.”
“I think Bellfield gets it ‘just right’! The staff go above and beyond.”
“The school have been fantastic at supporting my child.”
“The best decision we made was to send our children to Bellfield.”
“The learning that my child receives is excellent. I cannot fault the teachers and staff.”
Popular searches in the last week:
ANY BOOKLISTS HERE ARE FOR THE OLDER WEEKLY PLANS – they are NOT for the new Flexible Blocks which have their own booklists accessible here: https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/flexible-blocks-booklists/
- Teaching grammar
- Group readers
- National Curriculum
- Homework materials
- Grammar exercises
English support blogs
English: Our flexible English puts the teacher in control. Plan a sequence of lessons tailored to your class. Find out about the advantages of English blocks .
Year 5 English Homework
For many parents, homework is the only picture they get of what their child does at school. For this reason, Hamilton have put a great deal of effort into writing suitable, fun and home-friendly activities for children and parents to share together. Children will benefit and so will parents and teachers!
The activities rehearse core literacy skills that you may wish children to practise or keep on the boil. Read our English homework blog for more advice about using them.
Write persuasive statements for and against the proverb 'Empty vessels make the most noise'.
Learn to justify an opinion about a book they didn't enjoy.
Find out the meaning of children's own name and those of the rest of their family.
Practise descriptive writing skills by writing two short persuasive descriptions of their favourite TV, film or sports personality, one good and one bad!
Look at the use of vowels in words by writing common phrases and sayings without vowels. Can they still be understood?
Extend their vocabulary by writing descriptive words and phrases including onomatopoeic words to describe food.
Develop vocabulary skills by using word play and puns to write titles, authors and blurb for books.
Brainstorm words with silent letter 'b' and write dictionary definitions.
Develop vocabulary and look at word structure by playing a simple word chain game.
Look at spelling patterns in words by writing in a secret code.
Write a short playscript for one half of a conversation overheard on a train.
Develop vocabulary by writing lists of words with a common feature, e.g. all beginning with letter 't' in a specified time.
Log in or sign up to get access to this resource
School subscription, reduce teacher workload.
From £155 + VAT per year. Access to all key stages for multiple users.
For inspirational teaching.
Just £37.50 + VAT per year to get access to all resources.
Early Career Teacher
Develop your teaching.
Just £27.50 + VAT to get access to all resources for 2 years.
100s of resources.
Register to access all free resources.
Log in to get access.
- Class Pages
- Academic Year 2019-20
- Spelling list for term.pdf
- Year 5 home learning pack
- Year 5 home learning pack - ANSWERS
Summer Holiday Pack
- Year 5 homework maths pack.docx
- Reading comprehensions.doc
- Year 5 Grammar homework pack.docx
Week Beginning 13/07/2020
- Year 3 to Year-5-Learning-Project-TRANSITION-1.docx
- Maths Lesson-1-Add-and-subtract-fractions-worksheet.pdf
- Maths Lesson-1-Answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson-2-Add-fractions-worksheet.pdf
- Maths Lesson-2-Answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson-3-Add-mixed-numbers worksheet.pdf
- Maths Lesson-3-Answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson-4-Answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson-4-Subtract-mixed-numbers-worksheet.pdf
- Maths lessons 1-4 video tutorials.pdf
- English lesson 1.pdf
- English lesson 2.pdf
- English lesson 3.pdf
- English lesson 4.pdf
Week Beginning 06/07/2020
- Maths online video links linked to each maths lesson.docx
- Maths Lesson 1 - Equivalent fractions.pdf
- Maths Lesson 1 - answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson 2 - Improper fractions to mixed numbers.pdf
- Maths Lesson 2 - answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson 3 - Mixed numbers to improper fractions.pdf
- Maths Lesson 3 - answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson 4 - Fraction sequences.pdf
- Maths Lesson 4 - answers.pdf
- Maths Lesson 5 - Compare and order fractions less than 1.pdf
- Maths Lesson 5 - answers.pdf
- Reading TEXT - Kaspar Prince of Cats - Michael Morpurgo.pdf
- Reading QUESTIONS Lessons 1-5 - Kaspar Prince of Cats.pdf
- English Reading and Writing lesson 1.pdf
- English Reading and Writing lesson 2.pdf
- English Reading and Writing lesson 4.pdf
- English Reading and Writing lesson 5.pdf
- English word class with audio.pptx
- Reading homework week 2- group 1 and 2.pdf
- group 3 maths homework week 2.pdf
- Group 1 & 2 Maths 08.07.2020.pdf
Week Beginning 29/06/2020
Recorded reading lesson with Mrs O'Brien 30.06.20
Recorded Maths lesson group 3 with Mrs O'Brien Part 1
Recorded Maths lesson group 3 with Mrs O'Brien Part 2
- English lesson pack.pdf
- Reading lesson 1 QUESTIONS.pdf
- Reading lesson 1 TEXT.docx
- Reading lesson 2 QUESTIONS.pdf
- Reading lesson 2 TEXT.docx
- Reading lesson 3 QUESTIONS.pdf
- Reading lesson 3 TEXT.docx
- Measuring gravity activity sheet.pdf
- Newton and Gravity activity sheet.pdf
- Newton and Gravity fact sheet.pdf
- March Problems of the Day - Full Set with Answers - Blue (1).pdf
- Website for home learning.docx
- English helpful resource Modal Verbs with audio.pptx
- English shared text (Eric - Shaun Tan) powerpoint.pptx
- English lesson 5.pdf
- group 3 reading homework.pdf
- Maths homework group 1 and 2.pdf
- Group 3 Maths additional homework.pdf
- Group 1 and Group 2 Reading Homework.docx
Week Beginning 22/06/2020
- Maths problem solving 1.pdf
- Maths problem solving 2.pdf
- Maths problem solving 3.pdf
- Y5-Maths lesson 3 - Dividing-decimals-by-10-100-and-1000-worksheet.pdf
- Maths Lesson 1-Decimal-sequences-worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 2 - Multiplying-decimals-by-10-100-and-1000-worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 2 -answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 3 - answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 4 -Understand-percentages worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 4 - answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 5 - Percentages-as-fractions-and-decimals worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 5 -answers.pdf
- English supporting powerpoint.pptx
Week Beginning 15/06/2020
- Maths Lesson 1Adding-decimals-with-the-same-number-of-decimal-places worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 2 Subtracting-decimals-with-the-same-number-of-decimal-places-worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 3 Adding-decimals-with-a-differen-number-of-decimal-places worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 4 Subtracting-decimals-with-a-different-number-of-decimal-places-worksheet.pdf
- Maths lesson 5 Adding-and-subtracting-wholes-and-decimals-2020.pdf
- Maths lesson 1 answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 2 answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 3 answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 4 answers.pdf
- Maths lesson 5 asnwers.pdf
- Maths Problem solving challenge 1.pdf
- Maths Problem solving challenge 2.pdf
- Problem Solving challenge 3.pdf
- English lesson supporting powerpoint.pptx
- Decimals worksheets lessons 6-10.docx
- Lesson 1.pptx
- Activity Sheet lesson 1.pdf
- Perfect Parachutes lesson 3.pdf
- Super Skydiving Report lesson 3.pdf
- Newton Activity Sheet lesson 2.pdf
Week Beginning 08/06/2020
- Video links for online Maths learning.pdf
- English - Writing lessons.pdf
- English - Writing lessons 2.pdf
- English - Writing lessons 2 (1).pdf
- English - Writing lessons 3.pdf
- Reading comprehension 1.docx
- Reading comprehension 2.docx
- Reading comprehension 3.docx
- GPS lesson 1.doc
- GPS lesson 2.doc
- GPS lesson 3.doc
- Amphibians and Insects lesson 2.pdf
- Metamorphosis lesson 2.pptx
- Activity Sheet Life lesson 3.pdf
- Comparing Life Cycles lesson 3.pptx
- Decimals worksheets lessons 1-5.docx
Week Beginning 01/06/2020
- Lesson worksheets HA and ma.pdf
Week Beginning 18/05/2020
Week Beginning 11/05/2020
- Year 5 letter from teachers 11.05.20.docx
- Spelling - weekly spellings.docx
- Animal Fact File Activity- Rainforest Project.pdf
- Animal Fact File PowerPoint.pptx
- D&T Rainforest Flextangle Instructions.pdf
- Handwriting Booklet.pdf
- Layers of rainforest - rainforest project.pptx
- Rainforest Maps activity = rainforest project.pdf
- Reading comprehension - Rainforest Calling.pdf
- Reading comprehension - The Potoo.pdf
- Writing Tasks - The Tree.pdf
- Maths - Daily Maths Starters.pptx
- Maths - Rainforest Adding.pdf
- Fractions lesson worksheets lesson 11-15.pdf
Week Beginning 04/05/2020
- Fractions lesson worksheets lesson 5-10.pdf
- Science lesson 2.pdf
- Year 5 letter from teachers 04.05.20.docx
- English - Tuesday 5th May.pdf
- English - Weds 6th May.pdf
- English - Thurs 7th May.pdf
- Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar worksheets.pdf
- Fractions worksheet.pdf
- Fractions worksheet 2.pdf
- Fractions worksheet 3.pdf
- Reading comprehension - Wednesday 6th May.pdf
- Reading comprehension - Thursday 7th May.pdf
Week Beginning 27/04/2020
- Year 5 letter from teachers 27.04.20.pdf
- Lesson Presentation Changes in Old Age.pdf
- Old Age - The Facts Information Sheet - Black and White Editable.doc
- Old Age - The Facts Reading Comprehension - Editable.doc
- Old Age True or False Cards.pdf
- Multiplication and Division.pdf
Week Beginning 20/04/2020
- Year 5 letter from teachers 20.04.20.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 5 - Tues 21st April 2020.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 6 - Weds 22nd April 2020.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 7 - Thurs 23rd April 2020.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 8 - Fri 24th April 2020.pdf
- Fractions equivalent.pdf
- Equivalence SATs questions.pdf
- Human life cycle (explanation text).pdf
- The Human Life Cycle.pptx
- NHS Learning Project.pdf
Week Beginning 13/04/2020
- Problem_Solving_year 5.pdf
- Letter from Year 5 teachers.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 1 - Tuesday 14th April 2020.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 2- Weds 15th April 2020.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 3- Thurs 16th April 2020.pdf
- Cosmic lesson 4 - Fri17th April 2020.pdf
Week Beginning 06/04/2020
- Guidance for English from Mrs O'Brien.pdf
- The Hidden Temple - Monday 6th April.pdf
- The Avengers Vacation - Tuesday 7th April.pdf
- The Mountain Pass - Wednesday 8th April.pdf
- Floating City - Thursday 9th April.pdf
- The Cave - Friday 10th April.pdf
- yr 5 Easter fractions workout.pdf
- yr 5 Easter week challenge.pdf
Week Beginning 30/03/2020
- Year 5 Clarinet Homework.pptx
- Year 5 Clarinet music pack.zip
- year 5 Flute Work Homework.pptx
- Year 5 Flute music pack.zip
- Spring 2 challenges.pdf
- Fractions from Mathletics.pdf
Week Beginning 23/03/2020
- ISeeProblem-SolvingUKS2 (1).pdf
- Time Table games
- Year 5 Grammar Booklet
Week Beginning 16/03/2020
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed. An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.