Assign a Quiz Asynchronously (Homework)
- Edit source
- View history
When you assign a quiz asynchronously (as homework), students can complete the quiz at their time and convenience. As a teacher, you will get updates on your reports when each of your students complete the assignment which can be shared with a parent/guardian to monitor progress.
To assign a Quiz as homework, follow these steps: [ ]
You could access the publicly available quizzes from the Search dialog box OR You could create a quiz OR You could combine your set of questions with the publicly available questions from other quizzes
- Click on the quiz that is assigned as homework. Click on ‘My library’ to get the list of quizzes you have created
- Once you have the quiz ready, click on the Assign homework option
- Add the quiz’s deadline/completion date. Customise the deadline or choose the No deadline option; all quizzes are deactivated after 6 months (180 days)
- Obtain the quiz access code and share it with students OR Assign this quiz to the correct class. You cannot assign a quiz to an empty class
- Name the assignment for your students
- Describe the assignment for your students (description does not have a character limit
- Add the time at which the quiz should start. Choose between Now and a particular time
- Check the Advanced, General and Activity Settings for more customisation options
- Assign the quiz. Once your students have completed the quiz, click the Share report option to share reports with either parent/guardian or other teachers
- Share the report via their email addresses or generate a link that can be shared
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning Platforms
How to Use Quizizz
Last Updated: February 23, 2021
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 10 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 16,347 times. Learn more...
Quizizz is a quiz game which allows you to take quizzes to boost your knowledge. There are a lot of quizzes on Quizizz. If you want to learn how to use Quizizz, then this wikiHow will help you do so.
- Select whether you will be using Quizizz for school, a business, or personal use.
- Alternatively, you may click Challenge friends to send the quiz to others or Flashcards to view flashcards.
- Some power-ups include eliminating some answer options, maintaining your streak if you answer a question incorrectly, and pausing the timer.
Creating a Quiz
- If you click Math , you are given math symbols to use.
- Clicking Image allows you to drag and drop or upload an image.
- The Audio feature lets you add add audio clips.
- Video enables the feature to add video clips to the quiz.
You might also like.
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
Don't Miss a Post! Subscribe
- Educational AI
- Edtech Tools
- Edtech Apps
- Teacher Resources
- Special Education
- Edtech for Kids
- Buying Guides for Teachers
Innovative EdTech for teachers, educators, parents, and students
What Is Quizizz and How to Use It with Your Students?
By Med Kharbach, PhD | Last Update: November 3, 2023
Quizizz is a game-based learning tool that you can use to engage students in deep and meaningful learning experiences. It allows you to create both teacher-paced and student-paced quizzes and lessons. Using Quizizz editor, you can easily design your own quizzes embedding various types of questions (multiple choice, open ended, polls, fill in the blanks, etc.) and media (e.g., images, videos, voice clips, and audio recordings).
Alternatively, you can use Quizizz library to search thousands of ready-made quizzes and lessons spanning several subjects and grades. You can adapt these quizzes to your teaching needs, edit them the way you want, import questions right into your quizzes and share them with your students.
Quizizz provides you with a powerful grading system that generates instantaneous performance reports providing you with a treasure trove of analytic data to use to prepare for remedial interventions and to help you in your lesson planning. With a single click you can share these reports with parents to keep them in the know of their kids learning progress.
The purpose of this post is to provide you with full tutorial together with resources to help you make the best of Quizizz in your instruction. For students, check out Quizizz students guide .
The main points covered in this tutorial include:
What is Quizizz?
How to use quizizz in the classroom.
- How to create a Quiz in Quizizz?
How to share quizzes on Quizizz?
How to find quizzes and lessons in Quizizz library?
How to host a live quiz on quizizz, how to assign a quiz on quizizz.
- How to create a class on Quizizz?
- How to create memes in Quizizz?
- How to create a collection on Quizizz?
Quizizz is a ‘gamified student engagement platform’ that allows you to create, edit, and share fun and interactive quizzes and lessons. As is the case with Quizalize , Kahoot , Quizlet , and Blooket , Quizizz lets you create your own classes, add students, and share game-based quizzes with them.
You can either assign quizzes as homework in which case students take their time to work on them at their own pace or you can host live quizzes in class. As students take quizzes, you get access to ‘detailed class-level and student-level insights for every class’.
There are several ways to use Quizizz in your classroom. Here are few suggestions:
- Use it as a form of formative assessment. Create quizzes and games that test students knowledge of taught materials. Use the Reports feature to analyze the performance of each student and to plan individualized intervention. Insights provided by Reports can also help you identify areas where learning problems occur and design remedial work accordingly.
- Invite other teachers to collaborate with you on creating shared quizzes and assignments.
- Use polls to collect students feedback and engage them in decision making regarding issues pertaining to their day to day learning
- Invite students to create quizzes and host them live for the whole class to play
- Use quizzes for exit ticket activities to check students learning
- Use quizizz games in book review and in digital storytelling activities
- Check students prior knowledge about the concepts you are going to teach
- Use Quizizz to introduce new topics in fun, interactive, and engaging ways
- Use quizzes as writing or discussion prompts
- Enhance multimodal learning by allowing students to answer assigned quizzes in the digital format they like
- Ask students to use Draw to sketch out visual illustrations of their answers.
How to create a Quiz on Quizizz?
There are two ways to create quizzes on Quizizz: You can either start a quiz from scratch or use a pre-made quiz from Quizizz library. Here is how to create a quiz from scratch:
- Log in to your Quizizz account
- Click on Create from the left side bar and select New Quiz
- Type in a name for your quiz and select relevant subjects and click on Next
- Use the Quiz Editor to write your questions. The supported formats include: multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, open ended, draw, slide, and poll.
- Select the question format of your choice and type in your questions.
- Use Equation Editor to add math equations. You can also add images to questions
- Click on the audio icon if you want to create audio for the questions
- Select alloted time for each question or for the whole quiz
- Click on Topics and type in a topic for your quiz. This will allow you to get students performance Reports organized by topic.
- When you are done, click on Save. Your quiz is now saved to your library.
To share quizzes you created or edited, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Quizizz account
- Click on My Library from the left pane
- Select the quiz you want to share and click on Share
- Type in email addresses
- ‘Click on the ‘Can View’ and ‘Can Edit’ options next to the email address dialogue box. These options are applicable to all email addresses mentioned in the dialogue box.’
- Enable public access link if required
- Click on Share.
Quizizz library hosts thousands of ready-made quizzes and lessons created by other teachers and educators. These resources are arranged into various categories including: Ice-breakers and bell ringers, Mathematics, English and Language Arts, Social Studies, World Languages, Science, Computer Science Skills, and many more. You can also use the site’s search box to search for quizzes and lessons. Here is how to do it:
- Click on Explore on the left pane
- Browse through the featured categories or type in your query in the search box
- Filter your search using Grade (Elementary to University), Subjects, Languages, Number of Questions, etc.
- Hover your mouse over search results to view the content of quizzes and lessons
- When you find the quiz or lesson you are interested in click on Play to start a live quiz, assign it as homework, or to preview it.
Quizzes you can host live are those you created yourself from scratch or those that are publicly available in Quizizz library. Here is the process:
1- Go to My library or Use Explore to search for a ready-made quiz. Click on the quiz you want to host live
2- Select Start a live quiz and choose a mode:
Classic mode : ‘Students progress at their own pace and you see a leaderboard and live results’. There are three modes in Classic:
A- Classic: students answer at their own pace and compete individually.
B- Team: Students answer at their own pace but scores are grouped by team.
C- Test: This is the standard testing mode and requires login.
Instructor-paced mode: ‘Control the pace so everyone advances through each question together’.
3- Click on Continue and copy the generated join code to share with students
4- Students go to joinmyquiz.com and enter the code and their name to join the game. Teachers can also share the code directly to Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Twitter or via email.
Unlike live quizzes, assigned quizzes allow students to work on their assignment at their own pace. Quizzes you can assign are those you created from scratch or those that are publicly available in Quizizz library. When you find the quiz you want to assign to students click on Assign homework then set a deadline if you want. Edit the settings to your preference and click on Assign.
How to create a class on Quizizz
Creating classes on Quizizz allows you to easily share games and quizzes with your students. You can either create a class from scratch or import existing classes from Google Classroom, Schoology or Canvas. To create a class from scratch follow these steps:
- Click on Classes from the left pane and select Create a class.
- Type in a name for your class
- Click on Create class
- Grab the generated link or code and share it with students
- Students visit quizizz.com/join/class, log in, and enter the class code.
How to create memes in Quizizz
Using memes to provide feedback to students is a great way to add an extra layer of interactivity and engagement to your quizzes and lessons. The process to create a meme on Quizizz is simple and easy:
- Login to your Quizizz account
- Click on More on the left pane and select Memes
- Click on Create a new meme
- Type in a name for your meme set and click on Done
- Click on create a correct meme and upload an image
- Add captions to your image and type in a name and click on Save.
- Repeat the same process to create an incorrect meme.
How to create a collection on Quizizz
You can use Collections to save and organize your quizzes and lessons. To create a collection:
- Click on More on the left pane and select Collections
- Click on Create a collection
- Type a name for your collection and choose whether you want to make it public or private
- Click on Create collection
Is Quizizz free?
while both Quizizz basic plan and Super plan support Live Quizzes and homework, they differ in student capacity per lesson/assignment. Basic allows only 100 students per lesson/assignment The Super plan allows 500 students per lesson/assignment and offers way more features.
With its intuitive quiz creation interface, expansive library of ready-made resources, and in-depth analytics, Quizizz takes the pulse of student understanding and turns data into actionable insights. Whether you’re looking to engage in real-time classroom battles of wits, or assign reflective homework that students can chew on at their own pace, Quizizz is adaptable to the flow of your educational needs. The platform’s flexibility extends to collaborative efforts, inviting educators to share the helm in crafting quizzes, and empowering students to not only consume content but also to create it. The addition of memes for feedback and collections to organize content are just the cherries on top of this multifaceted educational sundae.
- Using Quizizz in the Classroom: 10 Inspirational Ideas from our Community
- Assigning Quizzes directly to Google Classroom
- Grading quizzes via Canvas
- Grading quizzes via Schoology
- Adding students to a class
- How Quizizz Protects Student Data, Privacy Principles, Read the Accessibility and Inclusion Statement
Join our mailing list
Never miss an EdTech beat! Subscribe now for exclusive insights and resources .
Meet Med Kharbach, PhD
Dr. Med Kharbach is an influential voice in the global educational technology landscape, with an extensive background in educational studies and a decade-long experience as a K-12 teacher. Holding a Ph.D. from Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax, Canada, he brings a unique perspective to the educational world by integrating his profound academic knowledge with his hands-on teaching experience. Dr. Kharbach's academic pursuits encompass curriculum studies, discourse analysis, language learning/teaching, language and identity, emerging literacies, educational technology, and research methodologies. His work has been presented at numerous national and international conferences and published in various esteemed academic journals.
Join our email list for exclusive EdTech content.
Assigning a quiz as homework to be done at a later date
You can assign an activity as homework directly from your My Library or the Resources page. Click the quiz to see more options:
This option is also available in your Activity Settings :
Activities set as homework can be completed by students outside of class, for the duration you set.
Start activity : When students will be assigned the activity and can begin working on it. End activity : The deadline students have to complete the activity.