How to Do Homework in The Sims 4 — Pass Your Academics
In The Sims 4, you can experience the life you’ve always wanted. As long as that life includes completing homework for your child and / or teen sims. If you want to make doubly sure your offspring are on the fast-track for success, you’ll want to make triply sure they’re completing their weekly homework.
How to Do Homework in The Sims 4
So, you’re the proud parent of a little simlish bundle of joy … or two … or three . Each weekday — Monday to Friday — your child or teen sim will have homework after school. You’ll find it in their inventory, and if you select it from there, it will give you the option to complete the homework.
It is also an option to have an adult help them with their homework by clicking on the adult, selecting the child or teen sim, and then clicking on the HELP WITH HOMEWORK option. Either of these options will help to preserve their school performance and give them a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you do the homework cheats in the sims 4.
Players everywhere would like to know if there’s a cheat — or several — to make doing homework easier in The Sims 4: Discovery University expansion pack. If such cheats existed, they’d certainly make the process of sending your adult sims to higher learning a lot sim -pler. Well, we have good news! They do exist!
If you want to make this incredibly challenging expansion pack a bit easier, you’ll first need to enable the testingcheats true cheat . Access the cheats console by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C on your PC or Mac. Input the string of text next to the cheat you’d like to activate, then press ENTER to activate it !
Here is a list of all the possible cheats and degrees that can be tested and achieved, respectively.
Career Promotion Cheats
Part time careers.
- Soccer Team Volunteer — careers.promote careers_Volunteer_SoccerTeam
- E-Sports Volunteer — careers.promote career_Volunteer_E-Sports
FULL TIME CAREERS
- Education – careers.promote careers_Adult_Education
- Engineer – careers.promote careers_Adult_Engineer
- Law – careers.promote careers_Adult_Law
- Research & Debate – stats.set_skill_level Major_ResearchDebate 10
- Robotics – stats.set_skill_level Major_Robotics 10
- Seasoned Gamer – traits.equip_trait trait_SeasonedGamer
- Turn Sim into a Servo – traits.equip_trait trait_Humanoid_Robots_MainTrait
- Change Servo back to the Sim state – traits.remove_trait trait_Humanoid_Robots_MainTrait
University Degree Cheats
If you use the following cheats, your adult sim will earn a degree corresponding to the cheat instantly! It might be apparent, but there are four possible types of degree: Standard BA, Standard BA with Honors, Distinguished BS, and Distinguished BS with Honors.
ART HISTORY DEGREE
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBSHonors
COMPUTER SCIENCE DEGREE
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBSHonors
CULINARY ARTS DEGREE
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBSHonors
FINE ART DEGREE
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBSHonors
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE DEGREE
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBA
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBAHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBS
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBSHonors
- traits.equip_trait trait_University_BartenderDegree
How do you take your final exam in The Sims 4?
If you have an adult sim taking university courses, you can have them take the final exam by attending the last day of class. It should be noted, however, that it appears a bug exists that prevents players from having their sim take the final exam. As of writing, no official source has confirmed nor denied this bug’s existence nor have they confirmed or denied that a patch fix has been implemented.
About the author
More Stories by James Herd
That VideoGame Blog
How to do homework in sims 4 and improve grades: tips and tricks.
This post was last updated on November 1, 2023
If you’re wondering how to do homework, Sims 4 is way easier and more fun than real life! One of the unique aspects of Sims 4 is how it mimics real-world experiences, including raising Sim children and boosting your Sim’s school performance. Understanding how to help with homework is challenging, especially with the complex updates since previous Sims games.
At That VideoGame Blog, we provide tips, tricks, and cheat codes for all the hottest games so you’ll never get stuck. For example, you can learn about the must-have traits for Sims 4 to better define how your Sims act.
Below, we discuss everything you need to know about homework in the Sims 4 universe!
What You Need To Know About Homework in the Sims Universe
Homework is nothing new to the Sims franchise. The game capitalizes on real-world chores, like doing the dishes, parenting children, paying bills, going to work, and juggling each life stage. The homework system evolved throughout Sims 2 and 3 to reach the level it’s at now, which we discuss in more detail below.
Kids Must Go to School
The game requires all child Sims to attend school. In previous games, you could choose the type of grade school your children and teens attended, though now public school is your only option. Fortunately, you can influence their mood and social life during the school day by helping them make decisions about social dilemmas.
For example, you might receive a notification about another child Sim cheating on a test or bullying the younger Sims. Parenting your Sim through these scenarios directly impacts their personality.
Adults Can Choose To Attend University
Young adult Sims can choose to further their education by attending a university. You can pick between two schools with the Discover University Expansion pack. Before attending, your Sims must apply, as real university students would.
The two university options, the University of Britechester or the Foxbury Institute of Technology, will analyze your Sim’s skills and grades before offering an acceptance or denial letter. You can also apply for scholarships and loans to help finance your Sim’s education. Once they attend school, they can choose a different degree like literature, electronic arts, science, technology, etc.
Every adult Sim attending a university must complete homework, just like the child Sims do, though they usually spend less time each day in class. University students must balance term papers, daily homework, extra credit, and exams while attending classes. Helping your older Sim stay on track with their university homework prevents them from failing the semester.
You Don’t Need to Worry About School Transportation
You’ll notice that Sims 4 doesn’t have a school bus or any other transportation system to get your child or teen Sims to school. Luckily, you don’t need to worry about walking them or watching them arrive. In Sims 4, all students automatically teleport to the necessary classroom at the appropriate times.
Locating Homework Gets Complicated
Keeping track of all the homework in the Sims 4 universe isn’t easy. Each student’s age group receives different homework books, so it’s important to keep them organized. The following key outlines each Sim’s homework book color by age:
- Children: Yellow Grade School Handbook and orange homework book
- Teen’s homework: Blue homework book
- Adults: Black and white book (found in the Sims inventory)
You can purchase books and copies if your Sim loses the original version. We also recommend getting a bookcase to organize all homework books in your house. Adult students can purchase books and homework from the University Kiosk.
How To Do Homework: Sims 4
Now that you understand how homework functions, let’s discuss how to help your Sims family dominate homework. School work is a necessary evil in the game because Sims’ grades suffer when they skip homework or turn in incomplete homework.
Completing Homework for Sims 4 Kids
When your child Sim comes home from school, they’ll bring an orange book in their backpack with all their homework. You must have them complete homework before the next school day. Follow these instructions:
- Open the Sim’s inventory for your younger Sims.
- Click “Do homework.”
- Aid them with any needs as they work.
- Send an adult Sim to help with the child’s homework.
- Click “help with homework” from the adult Sim’s inventory.
- Increase child “skills” levels to complete homework faster (like the research and debate skill).
- Once finished, have the Sim complete extra credit to boost homework grades.
Note that whenever you leave a Sim to do homework, they will continue working until finished unless they need something. Keep an eye on event triggers and low needs to ensure that your Sim child or teen continues working hard.
Helping Sim Teens Dominate Homework
Teenaged Sims complete regular homework just like the younger Sims. Once they’re home from school, open up the inventory menu and select the option to work on class homework. You can make one of your other Sims offer homework help to complete the process more quickly by following the same instructions above.
If your teen Sim has a B in the class, they can choose to do extra credit as well to boost their grades. Helping your teen Sim get an A improves their odds of getting accepted into a university.
We also recommend getting earbuds from the Fitness Stuff Pack to let your teens listen to music while they do homework. Sometimes grueling school hours can decrease fun levels, but music helps keep energy high.
Completing School Projects
Aside from regular homework, sometimes your family members bring home school projects. In Sims 4: Parenthood, you’ll likely see a school project at least once weekly.
Unlike homework, projects are semi-optional. If your Sim completes the work, their grade goes up, but if they don’t finish it in a few days, their grade will only go down a small amount.
You can have your Sims complete projects just as they do homework. The new homework project appears in the inventory, where you can prompt your Sim to begin working on it. You have two options to choose from when they do homework for a school project:
- Sloppy : Letting your Sim do homework sloppily completes the project faster, though it offers smaller grade increases.
- Careful : When Sims work carefully on a project, they boost their grades more and gain certain skills, depending on the project type. Child Sims might gain creativity or building skills while teens can acquire more specific ones like painting or rocket science skills.
To make the homework project fly by, you can have up to three Sims work on it together, including adults. We recommend assigning an adult with more advanced skills to help move things along. Once completed, any child Sims will receive improved responsibility character value scores.
Completing Adult Sim University Work
If you sign up for the University Expansion, you have the fun opportunity of sending your adult Sims to college. University homework is more advanced since it requires your Sims to do homework for multiple classes at once. Rather than doing one homework assignment daily, each Sim might need to complete two or three to prepare for classes the next day.
When you’re ready to have your Sim do homework, click on the specific homework book for the class you want them to work on. Remember, university books are black and white. After selecting the appropriate class, your Sim can work on their homework for as long as you choose.
Adult Sims with strong research and debate skill levels enjoy rapid homework completion rates. We recommend helping your Sims improve their debate skills to finish homework quickly.
Tips for Finishing Homework Faster
Balancing homework with other life stresses is challenging in Sims 4. If you want to help your Sims finish their homework quickly and easily, use these tips:
- Help your Sims increase their logic skill level.
- Work on skills related to their major or classes.
- Dedicate a space in the house for homework with calming decorations.
- Keep your dorm room locked from others while your Sims study.
- Increase your Sims’ research and debate skills.
- Take your Sim to the library if their roommate throws a party.
- Apply for Study Spot lot traits.
- Boost child skill levels so they can finish homework quickly.
- Consider downloading mods to help you fly through homework smoothly.
That VideoGame Blog: Helping You Have a Blast While Playing Sims 4
Doing homework in Sims 4 might sound like a chore, though it’s a critical game component. Helping your Sims score excellent grades improves their odds of getting into a university, landing a great job, and expanding the family. Luckily, our tips can help your Sims soar through homework while having fun.
At That VideoGame Blog, we create exclusive content for Sims fanatics so you can learn the best tips, tricks, cheats, and ideas for building your universe. Now that you know how to do homework, Sims 4 has much more to offer! Next, learn about skill cheats in Sims 4 , so you can help your family finish tasks rapidly!
About The Author
Welcome to the new beta. Found a bug or issue? Report it here.
The Sims 4 High School Years — All Cheat Codes
The Sims 4 ‘s most recent expansion pack, High School Year s, lets you live out the awkward teen years in all their glory. Instead of your Sims disappearing for hours during the day, you get to tag along with them and see all the school drama first-hand, for better or worse. Like most new Sims 4 DLC, this pack comes with a slew of new cheat codes that can help you overcome specific challenges or mold the experience as you please. Here’s our cheats guide to help you navigate through the best ones.
How To Use Cheat Codes in The Sims 4
Using cheat codes in Sims 4 is a little different depending on your platform. On PC, press CTRL + Shift + C to bring up the cheat console. On Mac, press CMD + Shift + C. On PlayStation 4 and 5, or on Xbox One and Series X or S, press the four shoulder buttons on your controller at once. Once the cheat console is up on your screen, type in testingcheats on and this will enable cheats in your game.
Increasing Grades Cheats
If you’re tired of making your Sim study or do homework, this cheat can skip all of that for you, turning your Sim into a star pupil instantly. This cheat was possible before the launch of High School Years , but if you have the new expansion installed, then it works a little differently to enable.
If you have The Sims 4 installed without High School Years , type careers.promote highschool .
If you have High School Years installed, type careers.promote career_Teen_Highschool .
You can also lower your Sim’s grades by replacing ‘promote’ with ‘demote.’
If you’d prefer to skip through all the hassle of school and let your teen Sim move forward with their life, or see the repercussions of being kicked out of school, these cheats have got you covered.
Drop out of high school: High School Dropout trait_HSExit_Dropout Graduate early: traits.equip_trait trait_hsexit_graduate_early Get expelled: traits.equip_trait trait_hsexit_expelled Graduate with honors: traits.equip_trait trait_hsexit_graduate_honors Graduate as Valedictorian: traits.equip_trait trait_hsexit_graduate_valedictorian
The cheats below will modify some prom-related events, such as ensuring someone will accept your invite to prom or have them feel bitter after not receiving an invite. For the broken prom pact cheat, your Sim will feel guilt after promising to take someone to prom, then ditching them to go with someone else instead.
Impressed by ‘promposal’: enamored_st_hsprom_impressedbypromposal Resentment following no prom invite: bitter_st_hsprom_noprominvite Guilty about broken prom pact: guilty_st_hsprom_brokenpact Hurt after being ditched for prom: hurt_st_hsprom_brokenditchpromise Becoming close from ditching prom together: close_st_hsprom_skippingpromtoether
High school can be a time to form close bonds and life-long friendships. These cheats below can help you strengthen your Sim’s relationships with others by having them make a good first impression, form lasting memories together, or even have a crush. Crushes, as far as I can tell, can’t be directed at specific Sims, so these will be randomized to any teen.
Making a good first impression: close_st_goodfirstimpression They have your back: close_lt_iknowtheyvegotmyback They understand: close_lt_theyunderstand Lasting memories: st_openablewindow_successevent Two peas in a pod: close_lt_twopeasinapod Bonding moment: close_st_throwfootballbondingmoment Give your Sim a crush: crush_lt_generic
High School Years introduces the ability to join new careers, such as a “Simfluencer” and a “Video Game Streamer.” You can promote your Sim all the way up the job ladder by using the following cheats. If you’d prefer to demote them, just switch out ‘promote’ for ‘demote.’
Simfluencer (teen): careers.promote teen_simsfluencersidehustle Simfluencer (adult): careers.promote parttime_simsfluencersidehustle Video Game Streamer (teen): careers.promote teen_streamersidehustle Video Game Streamer (adult): careers,promote parttime_streamersidehustle
High School Years introduces a way for your teens to build an Entrepreneur skill. This 5-level skill can be increased by doing odd jobs, freelance, selling outfits on the Trendi app, doing part-time careers like Video Game Streamer or or Simfluencer, and so on. The more you build your Entrepreneur skill, the more new perks you’ll unlock (such as being able to go on a reality show or gain a new reward trait for your Sim). You can cheat your way through to the top with the code below.
Entrepreneur skill cheat: stats.set_skill_level adultminor_entrepreneur 5
Other Sentiment and Trait Cheats
Below are more traits and sentiments that change how your teen Sims behave or act within their world, such as being creeped out by another Sim or being awkward in most social situations.
Creeped out: needsdistance_st_friend Party animal: traits.equip_trait PartyAnimal Socially awkward: traits.equip_trait SociallyAwkward Lame adventures: st_openablewindow_failevent Overachiever: traits.equip_trait Overachiever
For more on The Sims 4 High School Years , read our guide about how to build with curved walls and the very cursed bugs that plagued its launch.
About the Author
Elise is Fanbyte’s features and trending editor. She previously worked at The Washington Post and Game Informer.